• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I had Piano lessons for a year or so when i was tiny (like 6 or 8 or something)..

Played Trumpet in elementary school for a couple years..

I played the Guitar very briefly before high school..

Now, I think I'm going on 10 or so years of the drums, and I don't play any other instruments right now.. unless you count a Gamecube/Xbox360 Controller as an instrument..

Music is my passion.. Video games are a close second..

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
My point in all this is that there is amazing music everywhere, it may not be right in front of your face; you have to look for it, but its there. Musicians these days are influenced by all the music of the past. Some top 10 music is sickening, but lots of people suck and need something to listen to. The availability, portability, and popularity of music in general is creating a breeding ground for some of the best, worst and strangest music ever. As an active musician(been in 5 bands, played close 50 - 60 shows over the past 5 years) I am absolutely thrilled that I am alive right now.

By far my longest post ever, i love music and i enjoy talking about it. <3 <3
I completely agree with you saying there's plenty of great music out there, and nice to see another person getting so into it. I personally have some 3000+ songs I listen to, like, daily, from all genres. (A bit skimpy on the country songs, but I know them. lol)

At any rate, the only thing I wanted to mention is that not all mainstream should be avoided. Sure, lots of crap gets on the radio that should be burned, but you've gotta' remember there's a reason they became mainstream.

All things considered though, music is big in the world still. Entertainment is one industry that never really dies.

And I can't play any instruments except bass, sadly. (And I'm not too good at that either.)

Oh, and that's a **** fine evil instrument Z1GMA.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I completely agree with you saying there's plenty of great music out there, and nice to see another person getting so into it. I personally have some 3000+ songs I listen to, like, daily, from all genres. (A bit skimpy on the country songs, but I know them. lol)

At any rate, the only thing I wanted to mention is that not all mainstream should be avoided. Sure, lots of crap gets on the radio that should be burned, but you've gotta' remember there's a reason they became mainstream.

All things considered though, music is big in the world still. Entertainment is one industry that never really dies.

And I can't play any instruments except bass, sadly. (And I'm not too good at that either.)

Oh, and that's a **** fine evil instrument Z1GMA.
Thats funny, In the past few weeks I've actually been listening to a lot of the "popular" or "top 10" radio whatever you want to call it, and I am really diggin' some of the stuff out there right now. I consider myself a very eclectic individual (anything except top 10 country) and i have a soft spot for Pop music at the moment... So i definately feel ya on the "Mainstream" music, at least for these past couple weeks..

I justify it by playing Indie music :chuckle:

Wake up in the mornin' feelin' like P Diddy <3

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
That's awesome. I'm not going to go through the last 4 pages or so to find out what you do, but what instruments do you guys play?

I play the cello.

also, if there are any, you should post youtube vids of you playing <3, and then we can add them to the introductions. lol
I play guitar :p Pretty much just 60s/70s/80s though, no original music yet.

That's a very negative outlook on music today...

Music is thriving and well my friend, doesn't matter if you know it or not. your saying that because main stream music sucks, all music sucks right now... the uber popular bands that sell millions of records and make millions of dollars you are referring too make up roughly .07% of all the music that is being made today(approximately). There are sooooo many bands out there right now its ridiculous.

Instruments are more available then ever before. Music is so available these days, kids can listen 24/7 from the moment they can work an IPod (that their parents probably got them when they were 6 spoiled ****s these days). Kids can be in serious bands with serious skills as early as 16 - 17. Young eclectic musicians listen to all this music from the 60's - 70's - 80's ect.. and absorb it.

Any really talented musicians these days that is capable of writing genuine, creative, great music is not going to be listening exclusively to top 10 radio... To appeal to the masses, then yes, i agree, you will need to make produced, catchy, and well..... "dumbed down" music. Well there are a lot of people alive who just don't care about music all that much, they have better things to do and music is more of a, "driving in a silent car is boring and weird" type of relationship. They need something they don't have to think about all that much, maybe remember the chorus and move on. That is a unfortunate, but a very large part of the music industry's target market.

As i said before the top 10 on the radio may make up for a very large part of the revenue for the music industry. For every one of those bands there are 10,000 more trying their hardest to make something worth listening to. Some of these bands are REALLY good, and that is the music i'm talking about; there are far to many amazing bands to count.

My point in all this is that there is amazing music everywhere, it may not be right in front of your face; you have to look for it, but its there. Musicians these days are influenced by all the music of the past. Some top 10 music is sickening, but lots of people suck and need something to listen to. The availability, portability, and popularity of music in general is creating a breeding ground for some of the best, worst and strangest music ever. As an active musician(been in 5 bands, played close 50 - 60 shows over the past 5 years) I am absolutely thrilled that I am alive right now.

By far my longest post ever, i love music and i enjoy talking about it. <3 <3
I'm not saying that all music today sucks. I'm just saying that if there are any brilliant bands, I just haven't heard about them because they haven't been promoted. Which is tragic, if you think about it. The incredible 60's and 70's bands I listen to practically shaped their generation, from the Beatles' message of "All You Need is Love" to the Rolling Stones singing about finding refuge from the '60s revolution in "Gimme Shelter".

If there are any truly inspirational and revolutionary bands today, then they aren't being promoted. If I wanted to spread a message through my music, I'd have to become a rapper and make "songs" about robbing jewelry stores and such. And that's why the '00s make me puke.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I play this instrument:

And this one:

And this one:

Also beat-boxing, but I can't really find a good image to represent. I'm also good at music editing, so overall, very musical.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Naa, I'm just kidding. I don't play that instrument. Would be coo, though.
But I can play Guitar and Mouth Organ.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Wake up in the mornin' feelin' like P Diddy <3
Haha, Ke$ha rocks. XD

And if you haven't seen that video, do so now. She's hot as hell!

Also, if you like rap or hip-hop, a quick search on YouTube should yield some great underground stuff. Other than that, it's a bit tougher to find some underground scenes.

Go Getta by Lil Wayne always reminds me how manly it is to main Ganon. lololololol

Out of curiosity, what's everyone listening to these days?

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yeah, that part of the anatomy looks radically different than what you are suggesting. If you knew how big the clitoris is, you'd be like, wtf? It is a huge structure.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I play guitar :p Pretty much just 60s/70s/80s though, no original music yet.

I'm not saying that all music today sucks. I'm just saying that if there are any brilliant bands, I just haven't heard about them because they haven't been promoted. Which is tragic, if you think about it. The incredible 60's and 70's bands I listen to practically shaped their generation, from the Beatles' message of "All You Need is Love" to the Rolling Stones singing about finding refuge from the '60s revolution in "Gimme Shelter".

If there are any truly inspirational and revolutionary bands today, then they aren't being promoted. If I wanted to spread a message through my music, I'd have to become a rapper and make "songs" about robbing jewelry stores and such. And that's why the '00s make me puke.
It seems like you are upset that "amazing" music is not the norm...

Pop music has always been more dominant then Rock music, and IMO, always will be. With the technology available today we can literally make and infinite amount of sounds that were not possible to make even 10 years ago...

As i said earlier the amazing music is out there, but there is Sooooo much music these days, you are going to have to look for it. Musicians today ARE being shaped by the music around them... Active, creative, unique musicians are not going to listen to the "top 10" and be satisfied. They will search out the great music that is out there, with the internet its really not that hard to find new, amazing music. So if Auto-tuning isn't really your slice of pie, then you may have to look past your local "top 10" radio station and find the bands yourself... they are out there..

Some sites you may want to check out...

Last.fm (an amazing site for finding music)

pitchfork.com (lots of new music reviews, ect..)

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/services/the_current/ (one of the best radio stations in the country)

Shorty’s like a melody In my head
That I can’t get out Keeps me singing out,
Na na na na, everyday
It’s like my Ipods stuck on replay
Replayayayay

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah, that part of the anatomy looks radically different than what you are suggesting. If you knew how big the clitoris is, you'd be like, wtf? It is a huge structure.
I meant the xyphoid process. Get your mind out of the gutter, son

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I play the F Horn, mellophone, some baritone, some string bass, and a bit of trumpet. F Horn for the win though. The majesty of the instrument and its wonderful, dark tones and its overall brilliance is as good as it gets.

/band geek

:034:

(Z1G, that organ is the instrument of Ganon. He can play his creepy, evil themes and torture someone at the same time for his ultimate entertainment)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
(Z1G, that organ is the instrument of Ganon. He can play his creepy, evil themes and torture someone at the same time for his ultimate entertainment)
He can also watch their suffering in sheer delight due to the built-in rear view mirror.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan

I understand where you're coming from on the first part, and both of those are great songs.(Although, honestly, I'm not much of a Beatles fan.)

But bear in mind, there's been a culture shift since then. Nowadays, the message of "All You Need is Love" is pretty much understood, at least in theory if not in practice. It's not as common for inspirational music to matter any more, because we're reaching a point where all the messages start sounding the same. That's not to say new music can't carry a message, but it's a bit tougher to be original.

And since I'm a fan of the hip-hop/rap genre, I'm gonna' have to disagree with you on that point. I'm not going to lie about rap songs being about that 99% of the time, but that's a culture thing. At some point, it became cool to talk about shooting people. I can't disregard the whole group because of their beliefs though. Plus, sometimes it's good to hear silly music like that. Acting a fool is hilarious, in my opinion. Swagger is a big part of success in life, so it's good for me to learn lyrics I can use to hype myself up with. And really, I don't know many rappers who don't act like they're hot ****. lololol

My last thing to mention: I tend to like music over lyrics. Give me an instrumental I can wrap my mind around, and I don't need someone singing. Classical falls into that category I suppose, but there's some sick music out there from modern times. Video game music is a genre where some freaking GEMS can be found, since most of them were designed to give the listener an emotional tie to the game.

Really though, just take everything with a grain of salt though. Whatever you like, you should listen to, I guess. And I prefer Pandora over Last.fm. Pandora is some kind of voodoo, I swear. They know what I want at all times.

"Is the glass half full, or half empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same, then we're not, know what I'm saying? listen,
I ain't better than you, I just think different."

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Guys since no one really has picked up on my nuked thread yet (except Lolorado), I have another development. I was fighting another (different) Jigglypuff today, and I flame choked her at a low %, and when I released her, she went down slowly (just like last time) but she actually jumped before she hit the ground.

Yes you read that right... she jumped out of the flame choke.

I still haven't been able to replicate this for the life of me in training mode. Whenever I do it in training, she falls down at the regular speed after I release her from the flame choke. The two times that I've seen Jiggz "escape" the flame choke, she fell down at what seemed to be her default fall speed, not the flame choke release speed. I accidentally forgot to save the replay of the second match.

Anyways, go ahead and test it if you want....... or not. I'm personally done testing this, and I'm willing to just bury it deep, deep within the ground, where it will never again see the light of day.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Guys since no one really has picked up on my nuked thread yet (except Lolorado), I have another development. I was fighting another (different) Jigglypuff today, and I flame choked her at a low %, and when I released her, she went down slowly (just like last time) but she actually jumped before she hit the ground.

I still haven't been able to replicate this for the life of me in training mode. Whenever I do it in training, she falls down at the regular speed after I release her from the flame choke. The two times that I've seen Jiggz "escape" the flame choke, she fell down at what seemed to be her default fall speed, not the flame choke release speed. I accidentally forgot to save the replay of the second match.

Anyways, go ahead and test it if you want....... or not. I'm personally done testing this, and I'm willing to just bury it deep, deep within the ground, where it will never again see the light of day.
****nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I live in Colorado and I've never heard of lolorado! This is great. Also Moblin won't tell me.

Ganon boards have the FUNNIEST sigs. No joke.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree.

The Ganon Boards Combo Video, Featuring: People Who Should Feel Bad For Letting Stuff Capable of Making it Into A Ganondorf Combo Video Happen to Them.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman

... >.> ... <.< What IS this madness?! I'm guessing something Kalm approved of.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Bees was ****. He's surpassed GG.

Alright, so I was pondering this for awhile...but you guys all play a terrible character. There are three options as to why.
1.) You guys are so good that you can win with this piece of feminine crap.
2.) This is simply the character you chose.
3.) You guys are crap at this game and need an excuse when you lose, so you chose Ganon.

Now I've come to realize number 3 is the most accurate. Honestly, even in low tier tournies, you guys just can't make it. I know he's bad, but maybe he literally has 0 good players to represent him.

Now I play with one of the best Ganons, Moblin, and though he's better than probably all of you, he is still terrible at this game.

Now there are threads raging about Metaknight, and all you Ganons are doing is sucking so hard that people think your character is unviable. You are RUINING a potential MK counter. Think about it. Your Dair kills SO EARLY and COMBOS. You also have an infinite on him if you predict every move he does.

Even your board can't get anything done. Why do you guys even play this game?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
CO invasion.

I bring up the juicy conspiracy.
Bees brings on the funny.
Dylan lets the troll roll.
And Moblin sucks.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Bees was hilarious. Then dtl made me sigh.

Aw! I love the Ganon mains. I think they are cool! Its fun to watch someone who knows what they are doing with Ganon. But seriously guys I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom