• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats what i said too to the judge when the burglar tried suing us when my dog nearly ripped his hand off
...nice one american legal system

i like the uk policy better. as soon as someone invades your property with intent to cause harm or damage, you are legally allowed to do anything to keep you safe
by that it means 'someone tries to burgle you, do anything you want to them'

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I play almost exclusively blues.

Verm have you ever listened to the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack? I have a feeling you'll like it--Yoko Kanno is an amazing composer.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

Verm have you ever listened to the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack? I have a feeling you'll like it--Yoko Kanno is an amazing composer.
It's weird, while Blues are present in almost everything I play, I don't actually play the Blues on it's own. It's always mixed into rock, funk or jazz.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Just checked out the OP for the first time since I've been back, and I love the Ganondex. It's very good. lol. Magikalm is definitely my favorite one.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im not even that sure what sorta of category blues is
ive never known anyone who likes it, can i get a link to a good blues song?

also, i see vern is now the new king of allisbrawl...errr...president
another big victory for ganon

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised

+1 for the Seatbelts and Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. It is incredibly dope.

Yoko Kanno's done a lot of things, a lot of which are really just 'eh' and don't appeal to me. Get to the Seatbelts and stuff like Wolf's Requiem, though, and that stuff is just golden.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
im not even that sure what sorta of category blues is
ive never known anyone who likes it, can i get a link to a good blues song?

also, i see vern is now the new king of allisbrawl...errr...president
another big victory for ganon
:ganondorf:

Ganon is swiftly enacting his conquest.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQK0ZvSgj0

It's not a PRIME example, but it's an amazing song. It's done by Ryuji Sasai, and it's composed with the pentatonic blues scale.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Just checked out the OP for the first time since I've been back, and I love the Ganondex. It's very good. lol. Magikalm is definitely my favorite one.
I didn't know it was up either. I laughed pretty hard after I read mine.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
If you guys are looking for music for another Ganon CCV, you should check out some of Celldweller's works. He's got some very epic stuff.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
i wasnt expecting video game music to be blues XD

also, jsut realised im nowhere on the op. feels bad ganon
A bit of music theory for anybody interested, the blues are characterized by a prominent use of consecutive minor thirds and major seconds mixed with chromatic notes. It's probably the easiest form of music to distinguish since pentatonics are really easy to differentiate, and the chromatic note is unmistakable amidst entirely consonant intervals. In non-MT terms, a bunch of pretty sounds interrupted by one really scratchy one is hard to miss.

Also, main Ganon, then you'll be in the OP. :ganondorf:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
A bit of music theory for anybody interested, the blues are characterized by a prominent use of consecutive minor thirds and major seconds mixed with chromatic notes. It's probably the easiest form of music to distinguish since pentatonics are really easy to differentiate, and the chromatic note is unmistakable amidst entirely consonant intervals. In non-MT terms, a bunch of pretty sounds interrupted by one really scratchy one is hard to miss.

Also, main Ganon, then you'll be in the OP. :ganondorf:
fun fact: im absolutely terrible with constant use of long words, particularly if i dont alread know them xD

i kinda main ganon...i main him for low tier at least and im the best ganon in uk, cant a get credit for that? XD
best teadrinknig ganon

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I pocket Ganon and I'm in the OP. I feel special now.

Then again, I might as well main him now since I've played so little since MVC3 came out that I don't think it matters what character I choose.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I pocket Ganon and I'm in the OP. I feel special now.

Then again, I might as well main him now since I've played so little since MVC3 came out that I don't think it matters what character I choose.
haha, i was like that for...about 2 days
the whole 'im doing most of your health bar if you make one mistake' really pisses me off, particularly as i make thousands of mistakes in a minute
street fighter is the fighter for me behind brawl

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Man, I should really play some of you guys sometime. I *think* I've gotten a *bit* better, having played a lot more real people since last summer.

Btw, I think there are more ganonmons somewhere in this thread. If I find them, would you put them in the OP Verm?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I should get most ganon dorf.

Getit?!? Lololo.... Ahem...
My dorfs ok, I'm pretty good at grab releases, if I ever get the grab.
But if I play dorf I just do stupid stuff like warlock pawnch alot.
Lol

:phone:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm obviously the most not-a-dorf-and-clearly-just-hanging-in-your-social-cause-all-the-cool-dorfs-are-here-dorf.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Mr. game and watch is the most annoyingdorf. (the callout)

I just noticed I'm not on the OP either.

Top Bottom