• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah it is pretty dead, but he is teh worst character, to be ohnest you either have to be a fool (like me) or a god to play ganon. and theres not many of them around (well theres plenty of fools, but not the kind to go and use the worst character ingame)
but yeah, theorycrafting wars happen everyone, and its no exception on here (no prises for guessing who the culprit is XD) its pretty much smashboard cancer XD
i go by the ideal that matchup ratings mean very little, but learning how to paly a certain matchup is important

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
yeah it is pretty dead, but he is teh worst character, to be ohnest you either have to be a fool (like me) or a god to play ganon. and theres not many of them around (well theres plenty of fools, but not the kind to go and use the worst character ingame)
but yeah, theorycrafting wars happen everyone, and its no exception on here (no prises for guessing who the culprit is XD) its pretty much smashboard cancer XD
i go by the ideal that matchup ratings mean very little, but learning how to paly a certain matchup is important
Not a single Ganon to date has been godly, so I guess that makes us all fools. xD

Also, I agree with Smash's idea. Only problem is, to commit that kind of effort and contribution would require an active board. If we were to undertake such a Herculean endeavor, the only benefit that would come of it with a board this size is the same benefit that could be achieved through conversation in this thread. D:

As far as an MU thread goes, we do have a decent amount of posters, but only about 3-4 of us have any extensive MU knowledge, unfortunately. So that makes the MU threads go nuts.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I lurk, like DLA. I've also been trying to cut out on the time I spend on smashboards so that I can do other things. I don't really have much to contribute anyway, because I don't go to tournaments and I'm not too great at the game (tournaments are too expensive imo, they're all $15+ around here and I'm not paying that to go lose, lol). Pound V is coming up, and that's semi-nearby (much closer to me than it is to Verm and the others on this board, I know that), but that too is too expensive for me to enter and lose first round.

I also don't have too much time to spend getting good really. All my free time is spent job-hunting, and my other time is spent on homework and classes (there's also no wii for me to use at college). /long train of excuses

But yeah, I can't remember a time when the boards were all that active. I think it's peak was just before I joined, before DAD and Kosk quit (and Kalm, and Breezy somewhat, etc etc).

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
@G-P: Thanks, man. I could still do better though.

@Burg: Why don't you just go to go? I typically don't enter Nationals because it's too expensive and I get more out of using that money for MMs and stuff.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Maybe. Is it generally better to play people around your skill level and get better with them, or to play people who are much better and just get used to it?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Maybe. Is it generally better to play people around your skill level and get better with them, or to play people who are much better and just get used to it?
Both. Play really good people so you can get your *** kicked and know just what you need to improve on, then face equal opponents so you can effectively implement them.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
*Edited*

So... Who's got enough time to make a new guide?

Just make sure you provide a link on the old guide on top of the OP,
whom ever you might be.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
So... How's got enough time to make a new guide?

Just make sure you provide a link on the old guide on top of the OP,
whom ever you might be.
I'm not sure what our aim would be. The old guide is a little outdated, but for the most part, its information is solid. What would we add to it?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Z1gma, can you get on with Tonsana?
Sorry - No gaming tonight.

What would we add to it?
No idea.
In depth analysis on his moves, maybe?
Not damage, frames, and stuff like that, though.

More like: when to use/when to not use.
Other abilities.

btw, Verm..
Since I'm not included in the Tierlist in the OP,
can I get my own Killer Instinct Tier right under the Lords of Murder/Top,
where why name is put?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well i found the ganon guide to be pretty helpful. its pretty much solid, however one moves such as ganon's u-air you want a screenshot showing each different hitbox of the move, similar to hoe the ike boards showed n-air

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Sorry - No gaming tonight.

No idea.
In depth analysis on his moves, maybe?
Not damage, frames, and stuff like that, though.

More like: when to use/when to not use.
Other abilities.

btw, Verm..
Since I'm not included in the Tierlist in the OP,
can I get my own Killer Instinct Tier right under the Lords of Murder/Top,
where why name is put?
I never put you in, Z1g? I think you'd be automatic tippy-top tier. But absolutely, I'll edit it in right away. XD

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
We should finish Swoops' guide with the hitbox data of those moves that aren't shown, especially Dash Attack, Uair and Gerudo (with all the hitbubbles like starting, later and such) because they're so good moves. Grabboxes would also be useful. Verm could edit those after someone of us sends images of the hitboxes with the help of the hack that shows the hitboxes.

I think Wizard Kick is such an underrated move even though it has no hitbox on the tip and is unsafe on shields, it allows us to get into many characters and the hitbox overlasts spot dodges. People tend to not react to it at all as well because it's start-up animation isn't too visible. Aerial Wizard Kick freezes us in the air for a slight moment before the hitbox, which is long enough to bait spot dodges or people trying to hit/grab you from the landing. It doesn't help if they expect it (except from poking shields), but it's one more option of us that can punish a misspredicted juggle with a pretty early kill or 15% damage.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Maybe we can combine the guide with the newbie guide? I've always felt it unnecessary and confusing to have both of them.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, i reckon nair is a little underrated, i love using it for platform pressure (personal favourite it u-smash and then FH nair during the iasa)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
We could also use a stage thread, like the Toon Link boards.

In other news, tourney this Saturday. I'm going straight Lucario, except for two MMs, a Ganon ditto and a Ganon vs. PT. The guy whose PT I'm playing initially offered a Samus MM. I will not play that MU, it's ********. It feels like you should be winning it, but you can't.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
We could also use a stage thread, like the Toon Link boards.
That's a great idea. I believe T.testLP started a stage discussion thread. Perhaps we can expand on that. I think it's time we updated Ganon's stage discussion like T.testLP wanted to.

In other news, tourney this Saturday. I'm going straight Lucario, except for two MMs, a Ganon ditto and a Ganon vs. PT. The guy whose PT I'm playing initially offered a Samus MM. I will not play that MU, it's ********. It feels like you should be winning it, but you can't.
For what it's worth, I hope you do well. More brownie points if you rank 1st. I've played a Ganon vs PT match before. Honestly, I find Squirtle to be the only one I have real trouble with, so I'm sure you'll do quite fine. Also, Ganon Dittos are better and more fun than any other Ditto. Actually, I normally hate Dittos, but Ganon Dittos are the exception. :awesome:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That's a great idea. I believe T.testLP started a stage discussion thread. Perhaps we can expand on that. I think it's time we updated Ganon's stage discussion like T.testLP wanted to.

For what it's worth, I hope you do well. More brownie points if you rank 1st. I've played a Ganon vs PT match before. Honestly, I find Squirtle to be the only one I have real trouble with, so I'm sure you'll do quite fine. Also, Ganon Dittos are better and more fun than any other Ditto. Actually, I normally hate Dittos, but Ganon Dittos are the exception. :awesome:
We've had two stage discussion threads. Both died in short order, sadly. The first one I can remember was one I made with a color-coded chart back in like October. The other one was T.testLP's, which also died pretty quickly. I'm all for reviving these boards, but historically our MU threads have died, our stage threads have died, and so forth.

If I go perform necromancy on some threads, you guys just gotta promise we'll all keep 'em active and not suddenly lose interest. D:

Edit: I also want every board member to submit their most recent picture to the thread so we can add them to the introductions section and make profiles for everybody.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
We've had two stage discussion threads. Both died in short order, sadly. The first one I can remember was one I made with a color-coded chart back in like October. The other one was T.testLP's, which also died pretty quickly. I'm all for reviving these boards, but historically our MU threads have died, our stage threads have died, and so forth.

If I go perform necromancy on some threads, you guys just gotta promise we'll all keep 'em active and not suddenly lose interest. D:
You prove a good point, though the last MU discussion thread we had going on was pretty successful, having gone over all Ganon MUs. If that's any indication of a possible interest in discussing Ganon's tourney potential, then perhaps the stage discussions may see as much success. I figured so as long as we can go over all stages (even normally banned ones, just in case), we will find ourselves with a successful stage thread, whether people post after all stages have been discussed or not.

I'll put in my two cents for each stage myself, though admittedly, I have been playing DC Universe Online hardcore, which kind of made me less active on the boards. Now I fully understand the disappearance of
sephirothken. Apparently, rumor has it he's been sucked into the world of WoW. True or not, I hope the same doesn't happen to me with DC Universe. I mean, I haven't played Brawl in a week now! But I digress. You can expect me to put in my input for the stage discussion.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, i was in charge of the r.o.b boards only successful stage list, making writeups for each stage i have exp on
however ive got much less exp with ganon, im not sure if what i do would be okay, if i was to it would be-at the very least-a decent looksee for complete newbies

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
When SSF4 3DS and MvC3 comes out, I want to quit Smash in general.

Although that depends on whether or not I actually get a 3DS, and a 360/PS3...still, those games look much more fun than Smash to be honest.

If Nintendo releases a new Smash game, forget everything I just said though lol.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I also happen to not be on the tire list, but I'm not sure if that's by choice or by you just forgetting.

I love how all the matches I put up are silly and hilarious. If only I played more tournament matches on my Wii so I can upload them and show that I can actually play seriously lol.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I also happen to not be on the tire list, but I'm not sure if that's by choice or by you just forgetting.

I love how all the matches I put up are silly and hilarious. If only I played more tournament matches on my Wii so I can upload them and show that I can actually play seriously lol.
When I first made it, I thought you'd long-since quit. D:

Also, for what it's worth, I've seen you play, and I know you can kick serious ***.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im not on the tier list, but im hardly worth the mention as ive never used ganon in anything other than a money match (which i won vs. mario)

Reim

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, I don't really care about being on the list of tires.
Mostly because the connection will be awful, so I'll have a hard time "playing".

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I ended up not entering singles at DNA today because I need all my money saved for Viridian City 9 next week, as well as Pound 5. I did enter the third event though, AllBrawl. I got 1st in it, splitting with Bloodcross and Koolaid. AllBrawl is some new thing that was thought up at KTAR4 and it is amazing.

2-stock, 3-minutes, items on medium, all stages, random characters, sudden deaths played out.

Top Bottom