• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Same here. I've housed with tons of people, and never once have I been betrayed or mistreated. It's usually always other people there as well. But don't worry, Sol. If we end up going to P5 together, I'll keep a lookout for ya. I trust that you feel acquainted enough with me to feel at least some solace in such a guarantee.

And the sleeping on the floor bit isn't so bad. It's rare that happens. I just sleep with relative ease, so I don't usually bring sleeping supplies to save space.
Thanks, Verm. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'm sure I'd feel more comfortable with you around. Granted we've never met in person, I feel you're trustworthy from what I've seen here on SWF. :088:
I vote for Verm music, as well.

Now: 6 Ganons
:ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf:

I could try to work out a bassline, as well.
If I get my new bass soon. ******* be too lazy shipping it.
Make that seven Ganondorfs. :3
:ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf: :ganondorf:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hello Kings of Evil domain but regarding to the discussion If your worried about a person's trust at their house and their gonna do something to you, bring a knife hahahahhahaha but in my case a sharp hairpick also I approve of page 222 in this thread. Sorry if I am being rude in any way.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hello Kings of Evil domain but regarding to the discussion If your worried about a person's trust at their house and their gonna do something to you, bring a knife hahahahhahaha but in my case a sharp hairpick also I approve of page 222 in this thread. Sorry if I am being rude in any way.
Haha, you're not being rude. A bit more punctuation wouldn't hurt though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im sorry to say it, but trust a black guy to say to take a knife -__-
you can pretty mnuch always trust smashers. we're sometimes immature, loud, etc. but we're trustworthy at the very least

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
im sorry to say it, but trust a black guy to say to take a knife -__-
you can pretty mnuch always trust smashers. we're sometimes immature, loud, etc. but we're trustworthy at the very least
I'm joking man but not everyone or at least keep a close eye on your stuff.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm curious as to how many Wiis, controllers, and SD cards have been stolen in the past.
I think the most outrageous theft was of my controller at Apex. Which I highly doubt was even a theft, so much as me misplacing it and forgetting about it until it was too late. In my region at least, I've forgotten my Wii and some junk one or two times, and whatever I left behind or forgot, I always was approached and returned my things.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've seen a few things get stolen. They stopped a tournament last January because someone stole like $60 from the TO's sock drawer or something lol.

I've never heard of anyone's personal safety being threatened though. Just keep an eye on your **** and you'll be fine. Also don't host big tournaments in your house... or at the very least, don't hide money in your sock drawer LOL

clowsui

Smash Legend
I've seen a few things get stolen. They stopped a tournament last January because someone stole like $60 from the TO's sock drawer or something lol.

I've never heard of anyone's personal safety being threatened though. Just keep an eye on your **** and you'll be fine. Also don't host big tournaments in your house... or at the very least, don't hide money in your sock drawer LOL
Unrelated post

but this guy's Ganon is pretty good

back to not posting here

Exalted

Smash Lord
We know that all too well, clowsui.

A copy of Mario Kart Wii and a Wiimote mysteriously appeared at my friend's house once. He was asking around for months to see if anybody owned the forgotten loot. In the end, he wound up with an extra MKWii and a free Wiimote.

I've also never gotten my room plundered by vicious friends and/or pirates, thank :ganondorf:.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Well when something like that happens, it's just completely out of your control. If you ask around and never get a reply back then that does suck. I got a new controller that way, I waited about 2 months before actually using it.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Who's going to pound 5? I'm gonna be trying to make it out there.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the worst theft thats ever happened at a smash event in the uk was someone picked up someone elses drink, and got about halfway through before they realised it wasnt theirs, they bought the guy a new one

i admit to it openly, during high school i stole bazillions of things, all 4 of the pokemon games i had back then were from theivery, i have well over 500 yugioh cards and never bought a single one (most were jsut smart trades though) and the amount of times i found money on the floor which i saw someone drop and simply pocketed it is unfathomable

yet i grew up as soon as i got into the smash scene, i dont know why. maybe it has that effect

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
the worst theft thats ever happened at a smash event in the uk was someone picked up someone elses drink, and got about halfway through before they realised it wasnt theirs, they bought the guy a new one

i admit to it openly, during high school i stole bazillions of things, all 4 of the pokemon games i had back then were from theivery, i have well over 500 yugioh cards and never bought a single one (most were jsut smart trades though) and the amount of times i found money on the floor which i saw someone drop and simply pocketed it is unfathomable

yet i grew up as soon as i got into the smash scene, i dont know why. maybe it has that effect
I'll take you on with mah Crystal Beasts.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm not really a big fan of Goro, but the song was cool.

Btw, I wish they decide to actually produce this movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs3ROFNxa5M

Though I don't like the idea on Baraka's character and appearance.
When I first saw that preview, I cried for many reasons. Some happy, some in terror and despair. Happy at even the slightest prospect of a new MK. Terrified by the potential *******ization of the series by completely perverting the characters, mythos and storyline. From how characters like Baraka, Reptile and Scorpion are presented, their shift in storyline would present an Olympian shift in the MK storyline altogether.

I want MK to be a little more serious and dark. I do. But in my opinion, that trailer is going about it the wrongest way possible.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP would be a great Gerudo.
A good thief, a master of disguises and feminine.
remove that last part and ill gladly agree
my beard is only femimine if you compare it to a french female XD

also i dont play yugioh any more. its been a good few years since i played

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
When I first saw that preview, I cried for many reasons. Some happy, some in terror and despair. Happy at even the slightest prospect of a new MK. Terrified by the potential *******ization of the series by completely perverting the characters, mythos and storyline. From how characters like Baraka, Reptile and Scorpion are presented, their shift in storyline would present an Olympian shift in the MK storyline altogether.

I want MK to be a little more serious and dark. I do. But in my opinion, that trailer is going about it the wrongest way possible.
I feel ya.
However, the more movies they've made, the worse and crappier they've all truned out.

First movie was godly!

Annihilation was good, but not as good as the first one, imo.
Not the least b/c Shao Kahn felt really childish and rediculous.

And the other movies sucked really hard, imo.

Even though Rebirth breaks all what MK stands for, it might be an entertaining movie.

-----------------------------

Btw, did Scorpion have a monster living inside his palm in the comics, too,
or was that only in the movie(s)?

'Cause in the good 'ol games, he has a kunai, I think:

In newer games he has a a harpoon-thingy.

In rebirth he has some sort of hook.

I agree that Scorpion shouldn't be the way he appears to be in Rebirth,
but the idea on Reptile is pretty neat, imo.

Again, though...
I really hate how they made Baraka.
He's not supposed to be black (No rasism).

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I feel ya.
However, the more movies they've made, the worse and crappier they've all truned out.

First movie was godly!

Annihilation was good, but not as good as the first one, imo.
Not the least b/c Shao Kahn felt really childish and rediculous.

And the other movies sucked really hard, imo.

Even though Rebirth breaks all what MK stands for, it might be an entertaining movie.

-----------------------------

Btw, did Scorpion have a monster living inside his palm in the comics, too,
or was that only in the movie(s)?

'Cause in the good 'ol games, he has a kunai, I think:

In newer games he has a a harpoon-thingy.

In rebirth he has some sort of hook.

I agree that Scorpion shouldn't be the way he appears to be in Rebirth,
but the idea on Reptile is pretty neat, imo.

Again, though...
I really hate how they made Baraka.
He's not supposed to be black (No rasism).
Yeah, definitely. Annihilation was fanservice more than anything. Just a way to show the new characters kick each other's *****. As for Shao Kahn, I agree. He, next to Sub-Zero, Goro and Shang Tsung, is my favorite MK character. The Animalities at the end were garbage, too. As for the other movies, I don't think a living soul took the spinoffs like Defenders of the Realm seriously. XD

First movie was not just godly. It was a freaking holy gift sent from God himself to MK fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjR07m6hVU

That scene still gives me goosebumps. So good. Compare that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As0f3ztlgDM

That scene's still really entertaining, but it's too ridiculous in some parts, like when Smoke kicks Kitana and she ****ing flies back 80 feet. Or when Liu Kang backflips 20 feet in the air out of Smoke's missile's way.

Also, yeah, Scorpion used to have a kunai at the end of his harpoon, which was most notable in Deception in his Fatality where he slices the opponent in half with it lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
One other thing I like about movie 1, is how realistic it is, even though it's not ment to actually be a realistic movie.
Example:
Would Johnny Cage be able to beat Goro in a normal fight? Hell no!
So he beats him on the Mountain Cliff where he can fool him,
instead of gaining some weird Super Power from nowhere and use it to beat him.

Ye, when Kitana gets Donkey Kicked by Smoke, she SOMEHOW gets a really soft landing, lawl.

One of my favourite fights is Cage Vs Scorpion.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Annihilation was too campy and cheesy. The fact that all actors (save for Liu Kang and Katana) were replaced was merely a foreshadowing to how epicly bad the movie was gonna be. The acting in general sucked and the scene where Kang and Khan's Animality forms battled were so fake and uninspired and the plot felt like they wrote it in a day on a piece of paper towel just didn't do it for me. Some of the characters did look the part, I will admit, but overall, I felt it went from the really great and majestic plane that is Mortal Kombat, to the far inferior Annihilation.

That being said, I think I'll leave this here... :troll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g48b73zcUg

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I have come to the grim realization that this board is completely and utterly dead.

The only influx of new posters we've had have been one-and-done randoms who posted in the Ganon Friend Finder and were never heard from again. Right now, I think the only active posters are Z1g, Ex, G~P, Sol and myself. Noob posts scarcely, and people like Bahamut, Sovereign, Hobs, Kalm, DLA and Doomfire aren't really around much either.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I lurk lol. Most of the time you guys are talking about anime or mortal kombat or something so I don't have anything to add.

Considering we have, what, 2 active tournament-going Ganon mains, I can't really blame this board for being dead. Ganon's metagame advancement has pretty much slowed to a crawl.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I have hardly any motivation to post here anymore. I really don't connect with any of the "newer" Ganon mains, and I'm tired of theorycrafting wars. I've recently established the mindset of "Match ups mean nothing", and it's been working pretty well.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I post a lot less often than I should, admittedly. Lots of time taken up by my work on Brawl 64 and school.

I also don't really play Ganon anymore, having mostly switched to Lucario.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I've stopped posting here because I couldn't find a reason to do that. And now we need to start everything over again now because things are starting to get very outdated. We need a new guide, done like the Ike boards (I mean with lots of contribution), like good info about edge guarding, recovering, hitboxes (use the hitbox size hack to see it in the thread with images would be great) spacing, safeness of our moves, etc.
We need new MU threads with letters instead of numbers (like Samus boards), but focusing far more on what you should do in that matchup instead of focusing on the difficulty (also with good stage contribution of what you should CP/Ban/Strike and why), with the editing in the main post of the matchup thread being fast enough.

Top Bottom