• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, why is darkshadow posting the stream from the tournament yesterday?

So guys, lost every game I played Lucario and Meta Knight in, including losing to a Wolf as Meta Knight.

My only game I won was as Ganon against a Falco on Norfair.

Therefore, Ganon > Meta Knight, since Falco > Wolf.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lmao Verm if you wanted to get 1st you shouldn't have gotten knocked out of winners :troll:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Lmao Verm if you wanted to get 1st you shouldn't have gotten knocked out of winners :troll:
It's not my fault Starlight betrayed the ever-loving **** out of me in Winners by calling a truce then letting Fatal hit me with a fan for a minute and a half LOL

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
It's not my fault Starlight betrayed the ever-loving **** out of me in Winners by calling a truce then letting Fatal hit me with a fan for a minute and a half LOL
hahaha that's completely your fault, you should have betrayed her first!

You're a GANON main for crying out loud.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Why betray someone who's going to secure your conquest while you sit back and watch?
Because she didn't secure your conquest lmao. She watched and laughed while you got mercilessly slaughtered... by a paper fan.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I'll be able to sometime. Don't know when, but sometime. It'll be my first match against a member of Smashboards, though, so I warn you: This Ganon has just been awakened. Full power hasn't been... returned, we'll say.
Dude, Eskay. We should play sometime. My Ganon suuuuucks. Although unless you're up for some matches tomorrow or Tuesday morning, it may have to wait because I return to college this week.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm thinking I'm going to write up a whole MU thread. Going to spend the next little while finding every relevant post I can, then start to write it up over the next week.

Right now, I need a link to The Chart.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I made a thread of a moveset discussion. I want to give som life to this board once again like it was last summer for 2 months with something I haven't seen people discussing here before. I also put in an order to start with our better moves 1st and leave the worst ones for last.

Also Supreme, if you're making a MU thread, I think it's better to start with our better and more seen MUs instead of starting with ones like Falco, Jiggs or IC.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
OH LAWWWD.

Sol, you're a BG fan? Mirror Mirror is such an amazing song. Though, I have to say, it doesn't quite fit the facinorous nature of Ganon like Black Metal. :ganondorf:

Eskay

Smash Cadet
Ganon went down to Hyrule, he was looking for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind, 'cause he was way behind, and he was willing to make a deal.
When he came across this young man, sawing through a leigon of Octoroks
So Ganon jumped up on a Deku stump, and said: Boy, let me tell you what.

I guess you didn't know, but I'm a swordsman too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
Now, you've got a pretty sharp sword there, boy, but give ol' Ganon his due.
I'll bet a sword of gold against your soul, 'cause I think I'm better than you.

The boy said, My name's Link, and
It might be a crime,
But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret,
'Cause I'm the Hero of Time!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
OH LAWWWD.

Sol, you're a BG fan? Mirror Mirror is such an amazing song. Though, I have to say, it doesn't quite fit the facinorous nature of Ganon like Black Metal. :ganondorf:
I love all kinds of metal, to be honest. I can see your point about Mirror Mirror not quite fitting Ganon's character though. XD

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GGs, Eskay. It's very evident you're new, but you've got some good habits, and, amazingly, in light of your brief exposure to the game, very few bad habits. You don't roll predictably, you don't spotdodge a lot, and you are quick to use jab and NAir to get out of combos and chains. Impressive!

Eskay

Smash Cadet
GGs, Eskay. It's very evident you're new, but you've got some good habits, and, amazingly, in light of your brief exposure to the game, very few bad habits. You don't roll predictably, you don't spotdodge a lot, and you are quick to use jab and NAir to get out of combos and chains. Impressive!
Thanks. I'm not really new to the game itself, I've actually had it since the day it came out, but I am still new to Brawling against non-CPUs.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Thanks. I'm not really new to the game itself, I've actually had it since the day it came out, but I am still new to Brawling against non-CPUs.
Ah, I see. Well, even so. Still impressive.

One thing I'd advise though is becoming more comfortable with moves like UAir and BAir and less reliant on FSmash and Gerudo. Gerudo choke is an AMAZING move (one of Ganon's top 3 without a doubt) but it's really easy to punish and is, sadly, circumstantial. :(

Also, I imagine you're a bit curious about that move I was doing? The one where I'd airdodge and fly upward? It's aptly (and lovingly) named "Flight of Ganon." It's a really tricky tech to perform. The idea is that if Ganon is 1 frame from the ground (achieved with reasonable precision by doing a full-hop spotdodge, since, if done correctly, it ends on frame 1-3) you can press Down-B and jump simultaneously, and if done correctly, due to a coding error, Ganon will fly up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-bTq_cFpXg

Eskay

Smash Cadet
Ah, I see. Well, even so. Still impressive.

One thing I'd advise though is becoming more comfortable with moves like UAir and BAir and less reliant on FSmash and Gerudo. Gerudo choke is an AMAZING move (one of Ganon's top 3 without a doubt) but it's really easy to punish and is, sadly, circumstantial. :(

Also, I imagine you're a bit curious about that move I was doing? The one where I'd airdodge and fly upward? It's aptly (and lovingly) named "Flight of Ganon." It's a really tricky tech to perform. The idea is that if Ganon is 1 frame from the ground (achieved with reasonable precision by doing a full-hop spotdodge, since, if done correctly, it ends on frame 1-3) you can press Down-B and jump simultaneously, and if done correctly, due to a coding error, Ganon will fly up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-bTq_cFpXg
Thanks for the advice.

I knew about the Flight of Ganon, but I can only perform it on Wi-fi using the wizkick cancel. I can't do the airdodge version on Wi-fi due to lag.

Ah, well. I guess it just takes practice.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
As U guys probably have noticed, I don't spend much time at SWF atm.
It's because my Brawl-CD is ****ed up.

I'll be more active once I get it fixed or something.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Come back soon, Z1g. D:

In other news, I wish I had some replay hacks. The matches I just had with San were incredible.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
You can buy an SD card for like $5... a 2gb card stores about ten thousand replays.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have 18 SD cards. I have one "travel" one, with vBrawl, Brawl Minus, Brawl Plus, Balanced Brawl, Unstoppabrawl, and pre-pre-pre-Alphas of Brawl 64 and dBrawl. Then I have dedicated ones for each of those mods for replay purposes. And then I just sort of have a bunch of SD cards because they were on sale.

Top Bottom