• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i have one, but because i cant hack my wii theres nothing on it because no games are ever under 3 minutes these days

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I have 18 SD cards. I have one "travel" one, with vBrawl, Brawl Minus, Brawl Plus, Balanced Brawl, Unstoppabrawl, and pre-pre-pre-Alphas of Brawl 64 and dBrawl. Then I have dedicated ones for each of those mods for replay purposes. And then I just sort of have a bunch of SD cards because they were on sale.
Do you still have plans for dBrawl? I know it was replaced by Brawl64, so I'm surprised to see it on the list (though that may just mean you haven't cleaned out your card).

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I got 5th out of about 30 at a tournament yesterday. I beat Grimace with Ganon(3rd best in WI, got 25th at MLG Cbus and 17th at MLG Raleigh). I had an unusually high concentration of horrible Ganon matchups in my bracket(like Sheik and Olimar) so I didn't get to use Ganon as much as I would have liked. I still used him for about half of my matches though--and he got me my most important win, so I'm happy.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Hehe I can try to get more videos posted if you guys want. My laptop just broke though so I might not be able to do it myself.

Also, living in the midwest probably contributes to people not knowing enough about me. The midwest is like a black hole for Smash recognition lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've never understood why they call it the American midwest when it's in the NORTHEASTERN part of your country.

Then again, in Canada's early days, Upper Canada was Ontario and Lower was Québec, iirc. That might admittedly have more to do with elevation though than bearings on a map.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
It's because the Midwest got its name in the 1800's when no one settled further west than the midwest. They called it the midwest because it was the western part of civilization, but they knew that it was only about the middle of the continent.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey, Verm, if you're going to Pound V, some of the GTA scene that's going might end up MMing you.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Verm was right.
Golden-psycho was wrong.

It's not all of Ontario, Northern and Southern Ontario are two very distinct scenes, don't know too much of the Northern scene.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thank god, i cant imagine how gta could possibly be competitive XD
first person you shag a hooker and kill her wins!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Nice job, man. Who'd Grimace use? Also, I thought WI discontinued their PR like last year. o_O
oh I didn't see your post earlier for some reason, that was weird. I appreciate it though.

Grimace used Snake and Luigi. And yes WI doesn't have a thread for their PR any more, but pretty much everyone agrees that Hunger, Fatboy, Grimace, and YoshQ are the best in WI, in that order. Grimace and YoshQ are really close though.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Eskay, most of us don't play enough wifi to organize a match on SWF... try to catch us at AiB chats, most of us go on the ladder/free play at least occasionally.

Also, Verm, any thoughts on when we're starting the next KoE election?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I just did a bit of digging... want to start considerations on Feb 11th? Exactly 6 months from the first post in the last KoE thread.

Also, we're looking at results from the last 6 months, right? Kinda like a PR.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Less results, more notable wins, accomplishments, representation, etc. And yeah, around there sounds good. In case either of us have a tourney on Feb 12th, which is a Saturday, let's start it on the 14th.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Right right, results was just a general term haha. And yeah the 14th sounds cool.

Want to try do some doubles ladder tonight? It's my pop's birthday so it would have to be after dinner.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
My Ganon has his PhD.

He has killed more patients than all of yours.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I got some WiFi videos of me versus San coming. They're really great ones. I'll upload 'em soon as I can.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I got some WiFi videos of me versus San coming. They're really great ones. I'll upload 'em soon as I can.
excellent, it will be good for me to watch them from both ends of the spectrum

also, my ganon lands volcano kicks in a competitive game...and i DIDNT shield break them
im srs XD

Top Bottom