• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm going to be 21 in a little more than 3 months...I'm a college student, and unproductive as usual.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think thats just a college thing, nothing productive has come out of me since the last time i sat down and messed about with stuff on brawl

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
School, in my opinion, is just a formality. I learn far more doing my own studies online and at the library than I do at school. Almost everything I know aside from basic math skills is the product of being autodidactic.

The best way to take school on, the way I see it, is to research the **** out of the topics you're going to be studying, so when you actually take the class, you MURDER it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
School, in my opinion, is just a formality. I learn far more doing my own studies online and at the library than I do at school. Almost everything I know aside from basic math skills is the product of being autodidactic.

The best way to take school on, the way I see it, is to research the **** out of the topics you're going to be studying, so when you actually take the class, you MURDER it.
good outlook, i should probably adopt that XD
college just turns out to be too much work XD

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
good outlook, i should probably adopt that XD
college just turns out to be too much work XD
I say go for it. Schools don't really educate people anymore. They squawk meaningless information at students who have no interest. That's why I learned to study everything on my own and when I took a class, to just listen to the lecture at my leisure and use what I knew from my own studies to succeed in it.

Hell, one of my math teachers didn't even know who wrote Euclid's Elements. I told her I was reading it, and she asked who wrote it. He was the ****ing father of Geometry!

Nor did she even know what Set theory was, which is pretty much the ENTIRE basis for functions and linear equations. >_>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well its college in my case, so supposedly i do have an interest in that class, but i just dont have an interest in getting up at 6am to leave at 7am and get to college at 9am and then finishing at 5pm and getting home at 7pm. takes up the whole day -_-

but still i like your idea, i dont think its possible to do it like that over here though...

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm in College as well. Sure, some material you have to pay attention to. But for the most part, whatever's being taught can be learned on one's own.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Dang Verm, that's very impressive. I'm kind of the opposite of you, I let the teachers teach me non-math stuff, and then all the math stuff I just learn on my own. Everything non-math is very...boring to me. Which is why it sucks that my school is a liberal arts school.

Exalted

Smash Lord
School here is so bland that I could pretty much sleep during class.
I'm even better at English than my English teacher <.<

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Dang Verm, that's very impressive. I'm kind of the opposite of you, I let the teachers teach me non-math stuff, and then all the math stuff I just learn on my own. Everything non-math is very...boring to me. Which is why it sucks that my school is a liberal arts school.
Thanks, Burg. It's not really impressive though, so much as it is willingness to learn. I spend a lot of my free time researching tons of things for the hell of it. It's fulfilling and helps me with school, so why not?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i spend my time research brawl things for the hell of it...but thats because i find it fun, no such luck with anything else in the world XD definetely bad for my health

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It's a great feeling, Verm, to have taught yourself and be able to say that you did. Individual studies are extremely satisfying.

On another note, anyone up for some wifi?

Reim

Smash Journeyman
I see we're on the same page, Verm.
Not only have I been able to understand the topics better, by studying on my own, but there's also a lot of useless information in the books, at my college, which is pretty much just a waste of time.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, Reim. Learning on your own at your own pace is the best way to do things. It concretizes the material in your head and eliminates the possibility of suggestion.

Also, I'm convinced that if there is one MU I will never, ever lose, it's Wario. It has been confirmed. :ganondorf:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I hate when I start asking a question in, say, Bio, then realize what I'm asking is beyond the scope of the class. Doesn't help my Bio teacher is primarily a PE teacher.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Exactly lol.

Most people who teach are sadly not apt to teach. I've brought up three notable subjects in three different courses and each of my professors didn't know wtf I was talking about. One even asked me if Neoplatonism was anything like Darwinism. :|

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
Exactly lol.

Most people who teach are sadly not apt to teach. I've brought up three notable subjects in three different courses and each of my professors didn't know wtf I was talking about. One even asked me if Neoplatonism was anything like Darwinism. :|
WOW. Thats what i'm doing so I can learn how to create apps. None of my classes when I was at college covered, how to code correctly. Most of the time, the other student will come to me for help instead of asking the teacher.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I got in pretty hard on the ladder today. Already working on some good wins and scores.

I can't believe I'm actually aiming to make playoffs, even if doing so as passively as I am. I guess a month off from school and no tournaments for a month and a half got me that bored.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I got in pretty hard on the ladder today. Already working on some good wins and scores.

I can't believe I'm actually aiming to make playoffs, even if doing so as passively as I am. I guess a month off from school and no tournaments for a month and a half got me that bored.
lol, that would be pretty hilarious to have a ganon sitting pretty on the playoff ladder XD
i never ever actually got any games in, because everone who plays it is american, and i lag bad with you guys on brawl, so its a case of 'do challenge, play, they quit, no points gained'
sucks XD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I just sort of practice irl.

I went from dead last to 17th (just below the pools cutoff, actually) with my first two tournaments. I've got another on the 22nd, a fourth on the 20th of March, and I'm going to try and get out to WHOBO 3 if I can get there. Air isn't an option, it's like $700 for a return trip.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I just sort of practice irl.

I went from dead last to 17th (just below the pools cutoff, actually) with my first two tournaments. I've got another on the 22nd, a fourth on the 20th of March, and I'm going to try and get out to WHOBO 3 if I can get there. Air isn't an option, it's like $700 for a return trip.
well yeah but if youre like me and has no-one close to you to play against ou kinda want to paly real people occasionally...but my wifi wont allow me XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my god, all the ikes are going to whobo, if i go to any tournament in the state's, i'd want it to be that one XD
when is it anyhow?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm not going to Whobo. I don't go to tourneys I can't drive to under 10 hours unless I can find air fare for under 100$. I plan on going to Viridian City 9 and Pound 5, though.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm not going to Whobo. I don't go to tourneys I can't drive to under 10 hours unless I can find air fare for under 100$. I plan on going to Viridian City 9 and Pound 5, though.
*gasp* Let me hitch a ride! I have money for gas and stuff now! Although, I'd probably feel awkward riding with a total stranger, but I can manage. Desu! O:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'll definitely see if there's room left in the car, we'd love to have you. I'm riding with Sphere, so I just gotta check with him.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If I could make it to VC9, I'd definitely go. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much broke, and even if I could get a job tomorrow I'd have to wait 2 weeks for a paycheque. So it'd be cutting things really, really close. And I obviously can't make it to Pound V, since it costs even more.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That'd be sick if you could, Dirt. But Ontario is so far away it'd cost hundreds just getting there.

In other news, Aerial wizkick > Ganoncide = new Ganon AT. Judge took me to Brinstar game 3 on the ladder. It was neck and neck until I ran into an Fsmash. I barely survived, and since the lava:ganondorf: was high, I knew I could get away with it, so I wizkicked:ganondorf: down and Ganoncided:ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf: him ftw.

Glorious. :ganondorf:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Neither. Didn't hit him with the wizkick. He was gonna try to edgeguard me, so I wizkicked down to get to him quicker and surprised buttseck Ganoncided him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
How I would if I could, but I don't have my wii atm.

You and Verm should play for funzies.

Top Bottom