• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Though nowhere near as common now, I do see that meme floating around websites here and there, including 4chan. If it's still around, then it still counts. XD

Hell, it's labeled as your "Location"! :laugh:
I still wish were back in the days of Saimoe 2006.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm not quite familiar with the Desu meme. What's that?
In 2004, a certain magical series entitled "Rozen Maiden" aired, which brought to life a certain magical sentient doll named Suiseiseki. She has the habit of ending nearly all of her sentences with "~desu", which is a Japanese copula that's used to affirm "It is", or "I am". Using "desu" to the degree that Suiseiseki does would normally show that the speaker is cute, innocent, or pure, which is ironic due to Suiseiseki being a manipulative and arrogant doll. This isn't to say that she never shows her "weak" side; she's the most timid and shy of the sisters, and is rather affectionate towards Jun when she chooses to be (see Tsundere).

The reason why "desu" is repeated is once again due to Suiseiseki. In the span of two seasons totaling 24 episodes, Suiseiseki said "desu" 527 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkVYHUMCCwc

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've heard many great things about Rozen Maiden, but never got to watch. After seeing the Youtube video of the insane number of "Desu", I am convinced it's a series I would certainly want to watch! >ω<

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Brainshock this weekend... I got 17th out of 71 and Breezy got 25th, both of us going all ganon.

We fought each other in losers bracket again... it was a hyped Ganon ditto set on the big projector, which concluded with an accidental ganoncide on Norfair game 2. They were really good games lol.

I played my next match right after that against Nappy, who's 2nd in minnesota I believe? So he gets a lot of practice against Breezy. But yeah I ended up 2 stocking his Snake game 1, so he counterpicked FD and pulled out his pocket Diddy... I took him to last hit (at this point, everyone in the venue was watching and cheering), but he beat me because it was FD.

Then I went to BF and got an early lead, but then 4rce came up to Nappy and started coaching him, which made me really nervous. And you guys know how I am against Diddy Kong when I'm nervous lol. I choked big time, missing banana combos and ****, and ended up being an entire stock behind on the last stock. But then I brought it back to last hit, but died from an Fair at like 170%.

The frustration of the Diddy matchup + having 70+ people cheering + being coached against = too much pressure for me lol, I just wasn't able to handle it I guess. Time for more practice....

Oh and I also beat Trent, who's #1 in Nebraska. It was stupid though because I had to fight him first round, due to the fact that they forgot to put me in the bracket originally, and the only place they were able to stick me was in place of Trent's bye (almost everyone had a bye). Which sucked because he was my teammate this tournament too. Bummer.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nice work, DLA.

I wish I had results to post. Polybrawl was a total fail for me. I went out for food with Clai, and by the time we got back, singles had already started and I was too late to enter and no Byes could be filled. I was disappointed beyond belief.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Brainshock this weekend... I got 17th out of 71 and Breezy got 25th, both of us going all ganon.

We fought each other in losers bracket again... it was a hyped Ganon ditto set on the big projector, which concluded with an accidental ganoncide on Norfair game 2. They were really good games lol.

I played my next match right after that against Nappy, who's 2nd in minnesota I believe? So he gets a lot of practice against Breezy. But yeah I ended up 2 stocking his Snake game 1, so he counterpicked FD and pulled out his pocket Diddy... I took him to last hit (at this point, everyone in the venue was watching and cheering), but he beat me because it was FD.

Then I went to BF and got an early lead, but then 4rce came up to Nappy and started coaching him, which made me really nervous. And you guys know how I am against Diddy Kong when I'm nervous lol. I choked big time, missing banana combos and ****, and ended up being an entire stock behind on the last stock. But then I brought it back to last hit, but died from an Fair at like 170%.

The frustration of the Diddy matchup + having 70+ people cheering + being coached against = too much pressure for me lol, I just wasn't able to handle it I guess. Time for more practice....

Oh and I also beat Trent, who's #1 in Nebraska. It was stupid though because I had to fight him first round, due to the fact that they forgot to put me in the bracket originally, and the only place they were able to stick me was in place of Trent's bye (almost everyone had a bye). Which sucked because he was my teammate this tournament too. Bummer.
That's D L Awesome, man.
Really nice work.

I went out for food with Clai, and by the time we got back, singles had already started and I was too late to enter and no Byes could be filled. I was disappointed beyond belief.
Wow. That sux.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Nice work, DLA.

I wish I had results to post. Polybrawl was a total fail for me. I went out for food with Clai, and by the time we got back, singles had already started and I was too late to enter and no Byes could be filled. I was disappointed beyond belief.
Aww, that's terrible. I can only imagine what you must've felt deep down! I'd be distraught myself. D:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
They realized you were a Ganon and didn't let you enter? They will surely be punished severely when the time is ripe.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
For the record, I didn't win any matches at PolyBrawl. Both matches were entirely winnable, but I didn't have it in me to pull out the W's. I'm starting to realize that I play very timidly when the tournament actually happens, since all the opponents tend to play very cautiously and I know that a single misstep can lead to Ganon getting *****. I should start playing more comfortably and just play like I do any time else. There's always next time. Doubles with Verm was lol- doubles teams can be extremely gay and it doesn't help when you play the first part of your match thinking you're Verm... (everyone secretly wants to be Verm. Don't fool yourself).

I purposely left my Wii at home since final exams are coming up. I do, however, have in my SD card what can only be described as the greatest doubles non-serious match ever, ever. We may have let the other guys win, but at that point there was just so much **** that we wanted to go out in style. Seriously, this match made the Verm-Ike **** look like child's play.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Clai: That's my fear, to be honest: letting the pressure get to me at a tourney and choking because of it. So the trick is to play as if it was a friendly or something along that line?

Also, if possible, you must upload the match you described or something: I'd like to see it. :3

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
@Clai: That's my fear, to be honest: letting the pressure get to me at a tourney and choking because of it. So the trick is to play as if it was a friendly or something along that line?

Also, if possible, you must upload the match you described or something: I'd like to see it. :3
Two problems: as I said, my Wii is at home, so I don't have access to the replay on me. Even if I did, the other problem is that my digital camera got busted, so I have no way of recording said replay. It'll take a couple of weeks before I can get my hands on something that will allow me to upload the match.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i had a tournament this weekend too, i didnt use ganon in the singles, but i had quite a few serious's (friendlies, but ****was real) and i got crowned best ganon in uk, feels good man XD

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Only Ganondorf in UK.
I'd like some videos of you, you've been here for over a month and still no videos =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
theres a few...
yeah ill try and get some videos up, theres not going to be much else happening locally untll next year though

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, thats kind of epic XD
why cant we see you choking anyone? or has the awesomeness already made them evaporate into thin air?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Them black clothes.

Also Clai how tall are you? You look like 6'5 in the picture.
Clai's about 6'1", I'd say. I'd say I'm about 2 inches on him, and I'm 6'3". I was just standing in the background moreso than he in the picture.

Also: en route to PolyBrawl:

That's Bloodcross sitting behind me in the striped hoodie lol.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
So... I think we have to make this clear, since I'm not sure if we have pictures of all the Ganon mains.
How many of us have beards?
I know there's Clai, Verm and me. Who else?

Top Bottom