• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
NAir is, bar-none, Ganon's most useful aerial. It's his second best, and most useful.
Care to clarify the difference between "best" and "most useful?" I see the difference in terms, and I understand the semantic differences, but I'm having a difficult time applying it to Brawl attacks.

In other news, happy Thanksgiving to all the Stateside Ganons. Go murder choke a turkey.

:034:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Care to clarify the difference between "best" and "most useful?" I see the difference in terms, and I understand the semantic differences, but I'm having a difficult time applying it to Brawl attacks.

In other news, happy Thanksgiving to all the Stateside Ganons. Go murder choke a turkey.

:034:
Useful as in it has the most non-direct combat applications, second best as in, sets up nasty combos and is an excellent poke.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Nair is a good move for its hit boxes, and because it comes out really fast. Just be mindful of the landing lag if you use it out of a short hop.

I gotta say, despite being middle-aged and a bit... bulky (for lack of a better term), Ganondorf has surprising flexibility, especially when showing off his Usmash and Utilt.

Of course, Peach also shows surprising flexibility too with her Uair and Ftilt (*wink wink*). Whether their flexibility is canon to their actual storylines or not remains unanswered, but I'd like to believe they're as bada** and smexy respectively in their own worlds as they are in Smash Bros.. XD

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Imagine Ganon's speed and mobility without his armor...
Ahaha! Funny you should mention that, because I like to think of something similar. XD

I believe it's the boots. His boots are so heavy, he wears them for strength and resistance training, and is the only being alive who can walk in them. Aside from strength training, it also prevents his true speed and power from running amok! :laugh:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
But the boots also strengthens his Dair. It's vital for Ganondorf's rapeness.
No, you see, Ganon's boots impede the flow of electricity from beard to victim. Without the boots, the full force of electricity would hit them, going through invincibility frames and having roughly the same force as 11 Warlock Punches.

*EDIT* Why am I banned from the xat?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
See how much faster Samus gets when she takes off her armor? Ganon would receive 100 times the boost that Samus does were he to take off his armor. He'd also get a strength boost, rather than a strength loss. In fact, he doesn't wear armor to protect himself, he wears it so that the world won't be destroyed in the presence of his manly essence. You can't rule something that's nonexistant, you know.

:ganondorf:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I dunno... to have that kind of ability would be fun to me, in my opinion. Imagine the shenanigans you can pull with such a trick. But alas, something like that is but an anime-only possibility. XD
I personally think Ranma's gender changing ability would be a bit more entertaining.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Do I think anime is overrated? Yes I do.
I'll admit that the value and rareness (if that's even a word) factor of anime have been watered down by mainstream publicity. That doesn't stop certain animes from being really good stories, like Black Lagoon! XD

I'll admit, I'm bias when it comes to Black Lagoon. XD

Exalted

Smash Lord
I've watched a few good animes.
Too be honest though, it's the memes based on some animes which actually annoys me the most.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've watched a few good animes.
Too be honest though, it's the memes based on some animes which actually annoys me the most.
Like "It's over 9000!" or "Desu"? Yeah, they do get overused.
Both of you, stop that.
Okay, so proper spelling and grammar isn't my strongest of points, but how was I supposed to know "anime" was also the plural form (or so I assume that's what you were pointing out)? :p

Also, in retrospect, "anime" is a new word and it's not like they go over it in English class. XD

Top Bottom