• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
i know, but apparently the other people didnt know, so for sakes of simplicity...
Rebaz quit the game, the CF dude I'm taling about now is Inova also known as -Haze-, he used to play Marth and has recently switched to Captain Falcon and Metaknight.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I just saw that there are three people viewing this thread as I came in, I went "holy crap that's a lot!"

It's too bad I'm not American and can't afford to got to the US. I want to spectate MLG.:(

What's this? We're discussing Castle Siege! Give your ratings know!

Nobody cares about my stage discussion.
Hehe Z1g is having trouble getting people to post their character MU ratios... I'm pretty sure you'll have a much harder time getting people to give their views on stages :urg:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hehe Z1g is having trouble getting people to post their character MU ratios... I'm pretty sure you'll have a much harder time getting people to give their views on stages :urg:
↑ Has a hell of a point. One of three things that's causing such problems could be:

1) Not enough active Ganon mains/sub-mains surfing the board.
2) People being to preoccupied with life to surf the board.
3) The Ganon boards as a whole are a bit lazy.

Regardless, in due time, I'm sure you'll get your responses. You just gotta play "the waiting game".

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I always figured the Ganon boards were an elitist murderers community. Not just anyone can get in.
Well, you've got the "murderers" part right. You'd be surprised though: so as long as one doesn't blatantly disrespect Ganondorf, anyone's pretty much welcome here... at least from my experience.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well ive done my fair share of stage discussions, mainly for the r.o.b boards but i guess i can help out for ganon...but im a ton worse at thiking on how stages are goig to benefit ganon, as everything seems to hamr him left right and centre

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
well ive done my fair share of stage discussions, mainly for the r.o.b boards but i guess i can help out for ganon...but im a ton worse at thiking on how stages are goig to benefit ganon, as everything seems to hamr him left right and centre
Not exactly, as there are some stages that benefit him, like Battlefield, as he can then harrass whoever so dares to go onto the platforms with his Uair (among a few other things). Norfair's somewhat the same, so as long as Dorf stays in control of the middle platform.

As you can imagine, these are double-edged swords, as Ganon can be just as vulnerable to said shenanigans if the opponent knows how to utilize the stage better than the Ganon player.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its generally about utilisatino then
its jsut that certian characters have gimmicks which make certain stages amazing
such as r.o.bs laser, it goes through everything, including the castle seige statues, therefore that is a good stage for him

Exalted

Smash Lord
The Metroid Prime fanboy within me arises from his suppressed state.

Speaking of ****, Ganonsburg SD'd once while I did nothing. Orpheon too sexy.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ahhh, I so gotta play him on that stage one day. XD

Oddly enough, I'm not positive as to what my strongest stage is. XD
Any stage that provides items, so that you can Glide Toss.
You're a ROB Main, after all.

Green Greens' apples. :awesome:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Any stage that provides items, so that you can Glide Toss.
You're a ROB Main, after all.

Green Greens' apples. :awesome:
Gee, why didn't I think of that? :laugh:

Then yeah, it should be a strong stage for me. Oddly enough, that's the only stage I know of that produces items. At least there's the Gyro.

I hear Frigate Orpheon is one of R.O.B.'s strongest stages, due to his spamming potential as well.

But yeah, thanks, Z1G. >ω<

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
The Metroid Prime fanboy within me arises from his suppressed state.

Speaking of ****, Ganonsburg SD'd once while I did nothing. Orpheon too sexy.
lol, I was going to mention it after seeing Z1G's post about how good you are. Me, being in awe of your might, attempted to lash out at you in jealousy, but my subconscious could not commit to such an act. Instead, it forced me to give up such a ridiculous notion, and settle for a more reasonable one.

Or, I just threw out fair like an idiot and slid below the moving platform. >_<

:034:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Honestly - correct me if I'm wrong - I don't think any of the banned stages provide items. The only stages that come to mind for me are Green Greens and Distant Planet. That's all I can really think of.

I think the only banned stage with items offered by the level itself is Mario Bros.
Otherwise, I agree: The only unbanned levels with them are Distant Planet and Green Greens.
I'm probably forgetting some, though.

So, you have 3 levels for your Rob. :ganondorf:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

I think the only banned stage with items offered by the level itself is Mario Bros.
Otherwise, I agree: The only unbanned levels with them are Distant Planet and Green Greens.
I'm probably forgetting some, though.

So, you have 3 levels for your Rob. :ganondorf:
Oh wow, I forgot about Mario Bros.. The items produced there are easily the best items in the game, for obvious reasons.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well if we're talking about r.o.bs best stage, its castle seige. i actually spent far too long lookingi nto camping techiniques there, and suddenly olimar is the only character better than us onthere XD
plus my best stage personally is battlefield, jsut because of mass ike usage.
however in england we use the 5 neutral, cp list one. so a.k.a with have farkle stages to pick from

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I play better on stages that aren't static. I even beat Sol's R.O.B at Rainbow Ride :awesome:
Yeah, and isn't that stage supposed to be disadvantageous to Ganon while being good for R.O.B.? Goes to show that the only thing predictable about the future is its unpredictability. It was still a fun match though. XD

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
My go-to stage is Pokemon Stadium 1. The neutral stage with platforms is really easy to maneuver yourself in, the ledges provide some nice planking utility, and the stage transformations can lead to some cool stage-cancelling shenanigans (+Ganon can wavedash with his Warlock Punch lolololol).

Ground level can lead to massive damage for both parties because of the gaps with such small spaces. Windmill can easily mess up people's spacings and can lead to nice strings as well. Fire level has the tree that you can camp under and use Utilt to hit people on the other side. Grass level is a lot like neutral level except more platforms Ganon can abuse.

I love PS1 so much, it's more often than not my default CP stage.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I have 2 days to chill with you guys before I have to get back at work, heh.

Rainbow Cruise is one of my favourite stage except if I have to fight Meta Knight there. The reason is that the Characters always have to move around and can't sit there and force an approach(Falco's Laser Camping) or CG you (DDD) because the level forces you to move. On top of that, Ganon has an easier time with Snake, who relies on his ground game, on that stage.

It's a top stage for me, together with Castle Siege and Battlefield.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For my go-to stage for Ganon, my favorites include Norfair and Pirate Ship.

Norfair: The stage is composed of nothing but platforms, and Ganondorf can simply harass his opponents with Uair and planking abuse. As long as he has control of the center, he's pretty much great. Should the opponent get the jump on him and gain control themselves, more often than not, the stage will do Ganon the favor of forcing the opponent to reach higher ground, allowing Dorf to regain control of the center. Performing a Ganoncide is surprisingly safe if there's lava below. If you whiff a 'cide, the lava will save him from SDing, and if you grab the opponent, the lava will still save Dorf while the opponent plummets straight down below the lava. I like to think Norfair is a good stage for Ganon with enough knowledge of his options on the stage. Of course, it also depends on MU too.

Pirate Ship: Possibly the only stage where Ganondorf doesn't fear gimpers much, like Sonic or R.O.B. as the water allows him safety from the lower Blast Zone. On top of that, his Dair is often strong enough to spike the opponent down through the water for a KO, even at modest percents, which especially helps Dorf during the moments the opponent falls into the water, which usually sets them up for a thunder boot spike. I'd say despite the slope-like formation of the stage, a Ganon with knowledge of his options on the stage will find that he may have a fairly easier time with characters he'd have trouble with otherwise, from my experience.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hell yeah, learned to play Dire Dire Docks on my keyboard in 4 days.
By that, you mean you can play the theme of Jolly Roger Bay/Dire Dire Docks from Super Mario 64 on a keyboard/piano? If that's what you mean, then I have to say, that's pretty cool.

I wish I knew how to play any instrument at all. I'd want to play the piano, violin, and a harp. I'd also would want to learn to play the intros to Final Fantasy X and X-2 on a piano as well. >ω<

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'd love to be able to play Bob-omb Field from Super Mario 64 on the piano. It was the first level, and it is nostalgia at its finest for me.

Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time music was too good. :]

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
This is useful for Ganon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8tlfkRzgRQ
He can hit with Bair and Uair off stage. You can jump back on and check mate with Dair, or you can choose to Ganoncide. I am unsure but I am pretty sure you can jump back and land Fair on them.
His upB also lands and my personal favorite, Wizkick, sends them straight up into the air while you die (lol).

I personally think Ganon can use this better than anyone else.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
He can hit with Bair and Uair off stage. You can jump back on and check mate with Dair, or you can choose to Ganoncide. I am unsure but I am pretty sure you can jump back and land Fair on them.
His upB also lands and my personal favorite, Wizkick, sends them straight up into the air while you die (lol).

I just saw the video, and I gotta say, that was actually rather useful. It can benefit any character, but in the case of Ganondorf, being able to get a quick surprise Ganoncide like that may prove to be a useful toy for Dorf to wield. Thanks for the heads up. :D

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Honestly though, once your muscles gets used to it and you have a decent memory, playing the piano isn't that hard, imo.
It makes sense. With enough practice, you eventually put it into muscle memory, so that it becomes second nature. This proves true for anything really.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wiunOGmao

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

... Inb4

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wiunOGmao

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

... Inb4
Wow, you seem to always discover new things with Dorf, huh? XD

Oh, I commented and liked your vid and subscribed to your channel, in case you wanted to know. XD
Now I'm trying to learn Ultimate Koopa/Final Bowser from SM64.
That sounds cool. Y'know, that Bowser theme - whether normal or Ultimate - was only heard in SM64. You'd think it'd be popular enough to get a remix in other Mario games or in Smash Bros.. XD

Top Bottom