• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
School is keeping me busy. I will still lurk around here but I won't be able to do much right now. Can somebody take over the "How you 'dorf that move" thread? I don't want to let it die but I have other works to do.

I would appreciate it.
Well, you can just bump it whenever you've got time.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Finally got my computer back.

Anyway, the tournament went well. I got 9/33 (really happy about this, since NY was there, making it really stacked). Ended up beating Prawn's ICs and D3 (most nerve-wracking set I've played in ages). My new controller also came in, so I don't have to worry about my controller messing up anymore.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Anyway, the tournament went well. I got 9/33 (really happy about this, since NY was there, making it really stacked). Ended up beating Prawn's ICs and D3 (most nerve-wracking set I've played in ages). My new controller also came in, so I don't have to worry about my controller messing up anymore.
Nice, Verm.
You better bring us them vids :lick:
btw, which KO moves do you usually land on his ICs?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Currently at LUCAS in the Personal MU Thread.
Go ahead and give me your ratios.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nice, Verm.
You better bring us them vids :lick:
btw, which KO moves do you usually land on his ICs?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Currently at LUCAS in the Personal MU Thread.
Go ahead and give me your ratios.
I'll try to. I think I might've left the replay on someone whom I don't know the name of's Wii. >_< Also, thanks, Z1g!

Anyway, aside from gimps, I usually kill with UAir. Dtilt is pretty safe against them and separates them nicely. So I wail on Nana, and while the Popo is trying to get me off of her, I take advantage of the Popo's aggression and juggle them. But yeah, UAir is what I usually kill with.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

That's quite amazing Verm. Goes to show that with intelligent playing, mindgames, and knowledge of the MUs, victory is more than possible. Also, glad to hear you got your computer back.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
awesome, u-air 4 prez
i tend to land ftilt whenver i feel insane enough to play ganon vs. icies, the sield push makes it impossible for them to punish unless by some feat of god both characters powershield the hit (which-according to game physics-should be impossible) plus theres the chance only one will shield

Noobicidal

Smash Master

You didn't get first, so I'm not impressed.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Really nice job Verm as always! You're proving that skill matters more than tiers even if the matchup is as bad as Ganon vs IC! Keep working hard and you'll soon place even better, making people realize that you can pay really expensive for underestimating the King of Evil.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
brawl is just one long struggle now, ive recently gotten back into stadium smashing, i have a grand total of two more things to do bvefore i complete ALL challenges!

T.testLP

Smash Cadet
So, i'm thinking of creating a Ganondorf stage discussion thread since we haven't done that for a while and i'd like to liven things up around here.

I might seem new here, but I've lurked these boards for a long time.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So, i'm thinking of creating a Ganondorf stage discussion thread since we haven't done that for a while and i'd like to liven things up around here.

I might seem new here, but I've lurked these boards for a long time.
Huh, now that I think about it, I don't recall a stage discussion thread... or an active one, at least. Sounds like a good idea, but are we too busy with other things to discuss stages?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The only active threads here are the social thread and the personal MU ratio thread.
Unfortunately, most users here aren't Ganon mains, which lowers the incentive to really contribute more than social things. Most of us use Ganon, but only about 30% of us are Ganon mains who use him in tournament, so the competitive aspect of the boards is virtually nonexistent.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Next tournament I enter I'll use Ganon in a set. Even if just for the sake of trolling my opponent. I really like to think my time spent on this character wasn't wasted.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Next tournament I enter I'll use Ganon in a set. Even if just for the sake of trolling my opponent. I really like to think my time spent on this character wasn't wasted.
Speaking of tournaments, that's another point. Some people who DO main Ganon can't really attend tourneys. The active Ganon pures we have are:

Z1gma
Exalted
Tero
Vermanubis

Only one of which is able to attend tournaments regularly. Then we have almost-pures, such as DLA and Kalm. Then secondaries, like Noob, Bahamut and so forth. All things considered, DLA and I are really the only tourney-active Ganons.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Unfortunately, most users here aren't Ganon mains, which lowers the incentive to really contribute more than social things. Most of us use Ganon, but only about 30% of us are Ganon mains who use him in tournament, so the competitive aspect of the boards is virtually nonexistent.
Wow, when you put it that way, it seems rather depressing. We can always involve more Ganon sub-mains at the very least. We can even try encouraging more Dorf use for tourneys, although, given the stigma of being at the bottom of the tier list, that may be quite difficult.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, once I get a handle on how each character plays I'll be returning to Ganon. However, for the moment I am a Ganon secondary I'm afraid. We need to get more discussions up and going.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh, once I get a handle on how each character plays I'll be returning to Ganon. However, for the moment I am a Ganon secondary I'm afraid. We need to get more discussions up and going.
So you sub-main Dorf as of currently. So do I, so it's really no big deal in hindsight. As long as we know the character and can play him to the best of top-level ability, that should be what matters.

That said, we ought to have more discussions, as you pointed out. T.testLP just created a Stage Discussion thread, if the boards want to try and expand upon it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Speaking of tournaments, that's another point. Some people who DO main Ganon can't really attend tourneys. The active Ganon pures we have are:

Z1gma
Exalted
Tero
Vermanubis

Only one of which is able to attend tournaments regularly. Then we have almost-pures, such as DLA and Kalm. Then secondaries, like Noob, Bahamut and so forth. All things considered, DLA and I are really the only tourney-active Ganons.
^This post deserves a cookie. By the way, to those aspiring to main Ganon, come to the dark side. We have cookies!

I actually do main Ganon in Melee doubles. Ganon in Melee doubles is so fun and amazing.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised

Z1gma
Exalted
Tero
Vermanubis

I guess you're still calling me inactive. That's reasonable. Once Thanksgiving rolls around I'll start to find tournaments again. I'm pressing real hard to be active now, but with finals around the corner my prospects aren't bright. I am practicing on my own so I don't get too far behind when tournament time finally comes.

Psst. Look in the Ganontube thread. Do it.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I guess you're still calling me inactive. That's reasonable. Once Thanksgiving rolls around I'll start to find tournaments again. I'm pressing real hard to be active now, but with finals around the corner my prospects aren't bright. I am practicing on my own so I don't get too far behind when tournament time finally comes.

Psst. Look in the Ganontube thread. Do it.
I'm going to Polybrawl. BE THERE.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Man, I really gotta train some more for whatever my first tourney is. That said, what would be better training grounds? Offline or wi-fi? My problem stems from lack of people to play with offline. For wi-fi, my lack of my own internet/router means being at the mercy of potentially deisel lag. Oh, the sorrow.

Reim

Smash Journeyman

Z1gma
Exalted
Tero
Vermanubis

I concur. I would do something about it, if I didn't live in a ditch called Denmark, where more people actually cared about the Nintendo-console instead of that wretched PS3 and 360.
I guess WI-FI is an option, but in all honesty I can't be bothered with the lag.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i cant main ganon im afraid, im not nearly good enough to compete with him XD
hes my only low tier though (it feels wierd saying that, not too lnog ago i used only low tiers) so i can use him for LT tournaments

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
All things considered, I think Ganon has decent tournament exposure. Compared to most of the other low tiers, anyways.

Top Bottom