• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
All things considered, I think Ganon has decent tournament exposure. Compared to most of the other low tiers, anyways.
in comparison at least
does anyone even use link in america? i swear the only link in the world is izaw (or at least the best one)
and waht about jigglypuff, i remeber hearing that junebug lost to one a poun 4 but the name was never mentioned

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Jigglypuff has had the least tournament representation out of any character for over two years.

Prawn

Smash Master
I think Prawn has a block against me. He beats good people and has placed well, but he's a lot like Bloodcross. He lets people in his head too easily.
bleh @ defending myself

verm i said good games and i honestly dont wanna say this but

i dont play this game anymore lol, you beat me once legit but you shouldnt take this victory as anything, i screwed up probably 6-10 cgs in one game vs you and i never have played d3 ever and took a game off you

youre a good ganon but im a random now, i HAVE beaten good players, i dont anymore, i quit the game and like to fill pots occasionally

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Jigglypuff is just so void of appeal.
I'd play Jigglypuff myself, but considering her nerfings and the fact that other characters catches the eye of more smashers, it makes sense that there'd be a low Jigglypuff count at tourneys. Maybe Nindendo should've kept the crown as one of Jigglypuff's costumes? Who knows?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
in comparison at least
does anyone even use link in america? i swear the only link in the world is izaw (or at least the best one)
and waht about jigglypuff, i remeber hearing that junebug lost to one a poun 4 but the name was never mentioned
KirinBlaze is likely one of the best Links in America, and I'm pretty sure he's generally agreed to be better than Izaw. He recently made it into the BBR anyhow.

That guy inspires me. He's both one of the best Marios and the best Links. I plan to be more like him.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
KirinBlaze is likely one of the best Links in America, and I'm pretty sure he's generally agreed to be better than Izaw. He recently made it into the BBR anyhow.

That guy inspires me. He's both one of the best Marios and the best Links. I plan to be more like him.
I love Kirin. Never played his Mario, but I've gone at his Link a bunch. Easily top 3 Link.

@Golden: You kidding? o_O

The planet is crawling with Links:

-Tempest
-Legan
-Kirin
-Izaw
-Afro
-Xavier
-M4ge
-Sasook
-BWill
-Blubba
-Smasher
-Mr-R
-Doomfire

All are Link mains.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Desynched Blizzard doesn't **** Ganon in Balanced Brawl! Oh wait...

The ICs actually just crap on Ganon with desynched Ice Blocks alone, since you really can't do much of anything on the ground while they're doing those. Then they generally force you to jump, and then you get anti-aired. And the ICs can punish you REALLY hard when they anti-air.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
He grabbed me once the entire set as ICs. He got about 80% on me then dropped it. I just didn't let him grab me. I used nothing but DAir and Dtilt until he was in the air lol.

Then he did go D3. I got cocky and paid for it. Then the next match I played like I should against D3 (defensively) and JV 2'd.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i always found izaw to be generally seen as better, this being confirmed by ally himself i quote when talking about izaw 'they are not at his level right now'
>mr.r
>link main
...sorry but youre wrong there verm

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Where's Deva on that list?

Also, for someone who quit Brawl, Prawn sure namesearches a lot...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey, something just hit me: will Ganondorf be in Skyward Sword? I sure hope so. If so, what will he look like? Though, given Link's appearance, I imagine Ganondorf not changing much in appearance himself. Just a thought.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Hey, something just hit me: will Ganondorf be in Skyward Sword? I sure hope so. If so, what will he look like? Though, given Link's appearance, I imagine Ganondorf not changing much in appearance himself. Just a thought.
IIRC, Skyward Sword will be the first game chronologically, so Ganon is most certain to appear.
I hope he gets some sexy speedos :D

Btw Sol, I haven't Brawled for what seems like ages, so are you feelin' ready for some manly murdering bonanzas?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
IIRC, Skyward Sword will be the first game chronologically, so Ganon is most certain to appear.

Btw Sol, I haven't Brawled for what seems like ages, so are you feelin' ready for some manly murdering bonanzas?
If it's the first game chronologically, Ganon wasn't born yet. He wasn't yet the immortal king of evil in OoT until you pulled the Master Sword. Which doesn't exist yet from what I can tell in Skyward Sword, as it's supposedly about where the Master Sword came from. Which means unless Nintendo pulls a "screw you, timeline", Ganon cannot be in Skyward Sword due to not existing yet.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Ahaha! A speedo?! Anywho, yeah, I'll Brawl you. :3

EDIT: Hmm, the router I'm leeching off of appears to be acting up, as the Wii browser's loading pages at a snail's pace. Unless you want the god of all lags, we may have to schedule a Brawl session whenever the router stops being stupid. Well, I plan on getting my own internet next month anyway, so hopefully then, there won't be (much) lag. X3
If it's the first game chronologically, Ganon wasn't born yet. He wasn't yet the immortal king of evil in OoT until you pulled the Master Sword. Which doesn't exist yet from what I can tell in Skyward Sword, as it's supposedly about where the Master Sword came from. Which means unless Nintendo pulls a "screw you, timeline", Ganon cannot be in Skyward Sword due to not existing yet.
They can always introduce an ancestor of Dorf's, like a great-great Grandpadorf or something. I dunno. XD

Prawn

Smash Master
Where's Deva on that list?

Also, for someone who quit Brawl, Prawn sure namesearches a lot...
nah it was just a lucky guess that someone who "doesnt play the game between tournies(and the smashfests he holds)" would be bragging about beating some random :awesome:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
i always found izaw to be generally seen as better, this being confirmed by ally himself i quote when talking about izaw 'they are not at his level right now'
>mr.r
>link main
...sorry but youre wrong there verm
Ally isn't the end-all be-all, though. Legan and Kirin are widely considered--by both Link peers and otherwise--to be superior to Izaw.

nah it was just a lucky guess that someone who "doesnt play the game between tournies(and the smashfests he holds)" would be bragging about beating some random
I'll translate:

My loss was completely indefensible, so because I can't excuse it, I'll obsess over extenuating it instead by saying I suck

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I've watched vids of Izaw and compared to Kirin...I find Izaw a lot more flashy, but generally less consistent and sometimes I don't think he actually plays as smart, in the sense that he is more risky. A good amount of what Izaw does sometimes just seems like shenanigans that his opponents really only get hit by due to suboptimal habits.

That isn't to say Kirin isn't technical. He's very technical, but I generally feel Kirin usually has better thought out decisions in his gameplan.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well each to their own i suppose, im not about to start the izaw-legan debate again, particularly not on the ganon boards XD
people well tend to say those from their own area are better than foreign people, as such i find all evidense of izaw being better and other find evidence of him being worse.
plus the metagame has developed differently in europe, different playstyled work better in certain areas

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah hes [pretty good at covering himself when people appraoch, but when they dont approach he has a hard time, lernin to bait approaches is probably all he needs to do

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
No, Izaw is not top Link anymore. Like, he was in 08 and 09ish but how are you supposed to get better at that certain level he was in freaking Sweden? Like, allright you can make it quit far but Sweden can't keep up with America, they don't have he ability to go to tourneys on weekly basis, at all.
He only has that CF dude to play. And yeah he's hella flashy wich attracts people..
Besides Izaw mains Sheik now.

When he's in the link boards he is getting flamed..
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=166095
And thats only basic stuff.

Izaw is NOT better then Kirinbl.aze, L.egan, Blubba, ALSM and whoever.
Just naw.

When All.y talked about the Deva. Izaw debate, that was suuuuch a long time ago.
Deva had quit when he said that. He recently came back, but thats not to the point. When Al.ly. said that the Izaw was better Deva hadn't even touches smash for like a year.

About the "mindgaming", yeah he can't consistently get read and with only 1 person to practice, it will be very hard to actually realise when you have habits or get read by someone. So like, check out how he rolls away from the ledge when he's being grabbed around the ledge everytime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zcmrh7Ym4

tl;dr: He isn't seen as a that good Link anymore, and DEFENITLY not one of the top/best links anymore. And Link boards hate him. Yeah its like that, no suprise he started playing another character.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wow, the Link boards hate him? On what grounds? Because he picked up a different main? That's just shallow, in my opinion. I guess some people can't understand that others CAN get bored of their current mains. Such tragedy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
he didnt change main...he still uses link
also sweden isnt as desolate as people think, the captain falcon dude just lives near him is all, he comes to england occasionally and theres are lotso f things gonig no in europe.
once again american says that theyre the best by far without much proper backing, oh sigh

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Wow, the Link boards hate him? On what grounds? Because he picked up a different main? That's just shallow, in my opinion. I guess some people can't understand that others CAN get bored of their current mains. Such tragedy.
No, not because of that.

@Golden-psycho: I'm EU lol.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
also sweden isnt as desolate as people think, the captain falcon dude just lives near him is all, he comes to england occasionally and theres are lotso f things gonig no in europe.
once again american says that theyre the best by far without much proper backing, oh sigh
Oh, so then why do the Link boards not like him? Also, I dunno about others, but I find it hard to say America is better at Brawl than anywhere else. I mean, the world is a huge place. For all we know, the best in the world could hail from - oh say - Zimbabwe or something. XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dunno, i cant explains these crazy low tiers XD
yeah i know the majority of people are smart enough to know better, but the amount of times smashers have gone 'lol youre not american you suck lol' its kinda made me bitter >.<

@volcanic: i know, im jsut generalising

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
The **** showed US that they can play too at APEX.
Ally said himself that the euros top players are as good as americas top players, but us has more of them...

just sayin...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
but the amount of times smashers have gone 'lol youre not american you suck lol' its kinda made me bitter >.<
I haven't come across elitists like that (truth be told, I'd rather not), but I can certainly understand your bitterness.

As you know, I'm American myself, yet I love the idea of facing smashers from other parts of the world. Hell, look at Exalted: he's from Sweden, was it? Yet his Dorf is bada**. Personally, I give a lot of respect to foreign smashers. I see combo videos of what they can do, and based on those alone, I believe they're just as flashy, entertaining and all around as good as any American can claim to be. That's how I feel, anyway. XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well im not THAT bitter, ive grown to laugh at it, but it still can frustrate XD

speaking of playing other people, if brawl makes mlg again next year ill be at mlg raleigh. plus youre a wise person, have a cookie. but because youre a ganon main you must punch the air while chomping on it

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Rebaz .

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So guys, my third tourney ever is going to be OoC, Viridian City 9.

You guys should come.

Top Bottom