• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

TP

Smash Master
Thunderstorming is so easy that you shouldn't have to learn it, and yes, it is absolutely essential. You can't succeed without it, period.

The super jump, on the other hand, it not necessary. I personally have only ever gotten one kill with its help in a serious match.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
How do you do the Murder punch recovery?
I can't seem to do the initial reversal with ganon, but I can do it with any other character.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I can't reverse it twice :X
I mean, I can do the built in reversal, but the normal b-reversal doesn't work for me

Noobicidal

Smash Master
If you're knocked off-stage towards your right (assuming you're facing left), you'd input B, right, left, and the opposite if you're heading left while facing right. B-reversals have fairly strict timing if you're not used to them, so try getting that down by itself before you go for the double reverse.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
For other characters, I just tilt the control stick very slightly, and press B. I'm guessing that doesn't work for Ganon? :/

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
For the double reverse warlock punch, remember that you need to reverse it twice.

You need to realize the difference between a reverse B and a B reversal:

- A reverse B is flicking the control stick in the opposite direction, and then pressing B. This makes the B move come out in the direction you flicked, but doesn't change your trajectory.

- B-reversal is when you perform the B move, and THEN immediately tilt the control stick in the opposite direction. This also makes the move come out in the opposite direction, but it also usually completely stops your trajectory and makes your character move in the opposite direction. In warlock punch's case, there is a "turning around" animation when Ganon B-reversals the punch.

To recover with warlock punch, you need to do both a reverse B AND a B-reversal. So once you get launched offstage, you need to flick the control stick away from the stage, press B, and then immediately tilt the control stick back towards the stage. This way, Ganon starts his warlock punch in the opposite direction, and then reverses it again with B-reversal to gain momentum.

To be honest this really isn't that useful... you should get edgeguarded every time you try to do this. But sometimes it's the only way you can recover, like if you don't have a double jump left. Also, I'm pretty sure the momentum canceling makes you survive a few %'s higher than momentum canceling the regular way... though I haven't tested this.

PZ

Smash Lord
Its not too hard once you get the hang of it although I practice on the sandbag so thats just me. x.x

Heres my question: Have your boards ever experienced a troll question here? such as Do yall feel your character is overrated?:trollface:

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Ganondorf boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It's worthless. He can do it but it doesn't make him slide at all so it's like not doing it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ratios are useless. I could tell you Wario is only 40:60, but that wouldn't help you.

Just remember. ROB is a large target. All of our attacks do a lot of shield damage. And you'll wonder just how much your weight matters with our massive amounts of knockback. With your shield weakened we'll be shieldpoking you a lot.

You can camp us pretty hard and your FTilt is god tier for knocking us away. Though I'm fairly certain we outrange with DTilt if we space it properly, that **** outspaces everything except Donkey Kong. But once we land that initial hit, you'll be taking a lot of damage and probably will have quite some trouble getting back down, so long as we watch out for NAir. Your recovery isn't so godlike when facing the most powerful spike in the game. You're an easy target to footstool, so we can get a free wizkick out of that and now you're above us.

If ROB wants to win, he needs to camp us hardcore. I peg it at about 30:70 if ROB plays it safely, but if you take too many risks it could drop as far as 45:55.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Thank you really much! Defenitely got a different view from this; but I would say it's 65:35 R.O.B.'s favour actually.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB is super super gay to Ganon. One of the only characters in the game who outright MURDERS Ganon on the ground. All his ground tools are faster and have better range and cooldown than yours, and he's fairly annoyingly good at shield poking as well. His grab is also one of the top grabs in the game in terms of raw practicality, which is just incredibly bad news for Ganon, who both has to shield a lot in this matchup, as well as the fact Ganon has terrible landing options.

He is easy to juggle, and Flame Choking him and edgeguarding him can be really rewarding. But EVERYTHING ELSE about the ROB matchup is just super depressing if he never lets you hit him. It's comparable to Zangief vs Dhalsim to be honest. Just you can't do anything unless the other player kinda messes up badly enough, at which point if you are allowed in, a ****storm occurs.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Do you mean if you're standing on the stage and fall off the ledge after missing the Side B?
If that's the case, yes you can, as long as you hold the control stick towards the ledge as soon as possible.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Do you mean if you're standing on the stage and fall off the ledge after missing the Side B?
If that's the case, yes you can, as long as you hold the control stick towards the ledge as soon as possible.
yes, thats exactly what i mean

Is it just like falcon where all you do is tap down at the right moment, or do i have to do something different?

Exalted

Smash Lord
yes, thats exactly what i mean

Is it just like falcon where all you do is tap down at the right moment, or do i have to do something different?
Don't tap down at all. From my experiences, it has never helped me the slightest. Just hold towards the ledge and you should be fine.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Don't tap down at all. From my experiences, it has never helped me the slightest. Just hold towards the ledge and you should be fine.
oh really? I accidentally did it earlier when i just held left (on the right ledge) toward the ledge, and he grabbed it, but im not sure if i buffered a fastfall or anything. So just hold toward the ledge then?

Exalted

Smash Lord
oh really? I accidentally did it earlier when i just held left (on the right ledge) toward the ledge, and he grabbed it, but im not sure if i buffered a fastfall or anything. So just hold toward the ledge then?
Yeah, that's what works for me 95% all of the time.

Edit: Ganon usually snaps right onto the ledge if you hold diagonally down towards the ledge, so that might've been the thing which happened to you that time.

Judo777

Smash Master
Yo Ganon's quick question. I know its possible to do a 360 Warlock Punch (by doing a turnaround B, reverse Warlock Punch) but I was told long ago you could actually do a 540 Warlock Punch saying you could B reverse Warlock Punch is that true? Therefore the full manuever would be (a turnaround B, B reversed, reverse Warlock Punch).

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
A double reverse Warlock Punch? Nope, from my experience that's not possible because you can only reverse when he is charging. That would be epic mindgame if Ganon could do that.

:250:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Guys a double reverse warlock punch IS possible lol, and it's useful for recovering if don't have a second jump, and it's actually Ganon's best method for momentum canceling if you have time to do it.

Judo I don't think you can 540 warlock punch though, the B reversal for warlock punch IS the turnaround warlock punch. So you can reverse B to B reversal for a 360 turn. (reverse B meaning you tap in the opposite direction THEN hit B... and B reversal meaning you press B and THEN tap in the opposite direction). I don't think there are any more reversals lol.

Judo777

Smash Master
Guys a double reverse warlock punch IS possible lol, and it's useful for recovering if don't have a second jump, and it's actually Ganon's best method for momentum canceling if you have time to do it.

Judo I don't think you can 540 warlock punch though, the B reversal for warlock punch IS the turnaround warlock punch. So you can reverse B to B reversal for a 360 turn. (reverse B meaning you tap in the opposite direction THEN hit B... and B reversal meaning you press B and THEN tap in the opposite direction). I don't think there are any more reversals lol.
yea yea thats what I thought too thank you for the clarification. Someone was telling me you could also somehow b reverse on top of it. And I was like there is no way lol

Top Bottom