• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamelot Monthly (Soul Calibur IV, Brawl, Melee) Sept 20th 08 (Results in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1T3

Smash Lord
alright, tomorrow (Thursday 9/18) people can come over to play melee at 7pm-I'm gonna say midnight but it may be earlier or later...Right now we have 3 tvs and 1 smash setup , so if we could get 2 more cubes.

Please post if you plan on coming. I live near the quarry. I'll give more detailed directions later.
Will probably be going and bringing cube/melee if still needed.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
alright, tomorrow (Thursday 9/18) people can come over to play melee at 7pm-I'm gonna say midnight but it may be earlier or later...Right now we have 3 tvs and 1 smash setup , so if we could get 2 more cubes.

Please post if you plan on coming. I live near the quarry. I'll give more detailed directions later.
Well you know I'm down. I'll probably just come over after I get out of class. Might need a ride, but I would get close by via bus.

But yeah we still don't know where your place is >_<

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Pozer, if it's just that you're not able to afford traveling (but you can afford the $15 Entry + Brawl fee), I'm sure Hylian would be happy to let you tag along for free. If he's not, I'm sure I can find space in my car. The TV I'm bringing can probably fit in the trunk.

Also, what's wrong with Planet Zero? The only thing I saw that seemed wrong with it was that it hosted a Brawl tournament. Eww Brawl.
Thanks for the offer, but in the end I asked to cover someone's shift this Saturday.
So sadly, I decided to work once I found out I didn't have money.

And PZ has the worse customer service ever.
I'm not saying stuff like they can't help you out, I'm saying that once you get to know the place better they will use you and continue to use you to do there job. Then once they don't need you any more they treat you like crap. Plus, what they have been doing to the fighting game community is a joke, there hurting the Houston scene. Ask any PZ vet, they know what's going on.

The owner of PZ never wanted consoles tournament hosted at his arcade. He even stated that consoles are never welcomed at PZ, it's all arcades only. But once people stop going to PZ due to how ******** the owner is, he's getting desperate in trying to make up for his lose. That's were the console tournaments come in.

I just hope Houston Smash peeps don't get too conformable hosting tournaments there, otherwise it will be an awful end result.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Ummmmmmmmmm about 5 of us waiting for the word forkgirl...
alright the address is:
100 Lorenz
San Antonio, tx, 78209

and I'll post the apartment # tomorrow morning since i dont know it off the top of my head

my number is (210) 842-3563

NO USING COVERED PARKING!!! you could possibly get towed if you take someone's covered parking space...yall can park in any parking spot that isnt covered though

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kyle, you definitely need to have Brawl doubles. I'm not sure how many people from Dallas are coming, but I know there's a decent amount. Brawl doubles runs much faster anyway.
Yes, this is awesome, and relevant to my interests.

I know it's one HELL of a stretch, but do you wanna team?

I know I shouldn't, since you probably already have someone else in mind, but whatever.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
I may make this one. I was going to be in Houston this weekend, but Hurricane Ike changed all that. Let's see if I can make it out there. Anyone up for games Friday night?

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
alright the address is:
100 Lorenz
San Antonio, tx, 78209

and I'll post the apartment # tomorrow morning since i dont know it off the top of my head

my number is (210) 842-3563

NO USING COVERED PARKING!!! you could possibly get towed if you take someone's covered parking space...yall can park in any parking spot that isnt covered though
****ing **** im more sure that i'll make it to this than the tournament saturday =/ whoare you rooming with forkgirl?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
alright The Address Is:
100 Lorenz
San Antonio, Tx, 78209

And I'll Post The Apartment # Tomorrow Morning Since I Dont Know It Off The Top Of My Head

My Number Is (210) 842-3563

No Using Covered Parking!!! You Could Possibly Get Towed If You Take Someone's Covered Parking Space...yall Can Park In Any Parking Spot That Isnt Covered Though
Finally Permission To Park In Handi Capped Spottz.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Just thought i would bring the info here:

There is a SC4 update available on the xbox as of TODAY!!! however, DO NOT download the update until the PS3 version becomes available OR after the tournament on Saturday.

Thanks!!!

forkgirl

Smash Lord
alex19 and kyle: It was fun playing you guys! :) Trying to get my tech skill back by the tourney and this definitely helped a LOT. see everyone tomorrow :D

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Since people are bad at reading the first post just want to remind everyone:

SC IV at 2 pm sharp.

Brawl at 3 pm....ish

Melee at 4 pm....ish

Call in ahead and I can put you in the brackets as a not paid entry otherwise you'll just be dq'd twice if you still can't make it.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
:p

Anyone who didn't come to forkgirl's smash fest yesterday missed out on some good games.

Nike? I heard something about you having a smashfest tonight? Post it so people know. I know Puffball 64 was interested.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
alex19 and kyle: It was fun playing you guys! :) Trying to get my tech skill back by the tourney and this definitely helped a LOT. see everyone tomorrow :D
yea it was i played cave :D thoose were some good matches worth recording Lol it was fun though we should do that again :)
:p

Anyone who didn't come to forkgirl's smash fest yesterday missed out on some good games.

Nike? I heard something about you having a smashfest tonight? Post it so people know. I know Puffball 64 was interested.
another smashfest melee? that would be too good

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Are you going to have Brawl doubles Kyle?
I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again: Only after the singles event for the respective smash game have ended, will doubles start.

No Brawl teams until Brawl singles is over, and no Melee teams until singles is over.

Or at least during the finals if people don't care for that sort of thing :dizzy:

Also, I'm wrapping all the events up by midnight. I personally don't want to be there until 2 am like the last time, and it'd be pretty crazy for a monthly tournament to even run that late.

Also, if people want teams, can someone please bring a laptop (With TIO, not ****ty old Tournament Maker 2.0) to help with the bracket? the more computers we have the easier it will be when people crowd around asking for their next match?

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
we should record the finals semis losers finals,i have a progam for that and a capture card that would promote this alot more

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
we should record the finals semis losers finals,i have a progam for that and a capture card that would promote this alot more
Cool, bring it. I don't have a lot of hard drive space though. I can't really help too much in the video department. I'm gonna bug SOS into bringing his VCR to record at least the SC matches (FYI, he ain't be around for smash)

Nike.

Smash Hero
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW
I love smashboards maintenance when forkgirl has a smashfest :/

So, lets get down to business. Im having a smashfest at my house today. At least 5-15 n00bs will be wandering my house looking for some of you to light the way. When I finish typing this, I'm going down to walmart to buy a bunch of sodas and junk food. Maybe if everyone brings $5 each I can get us some pizza. Idk about that though, depends on money issues.

5551 Lost Lane
78238 San Antonio, TX
From the bandera/grissom intersection by Gamelot, go south on grissom til you hit the street light that gos to Driggers Elementary skool (It's almost a mile). After the light, when you go down a hill and see a u-haul parking lot on your left side, my street will be on your right. If you reach the valero intersection, then you went too far. Sorry if that doesnt explain it well. It's called Lost Lane for a reason.

324 4295 (phone, i can txt too)

So far, I can guaruntee about 5 tv's. If ppl bring some, i do have a 2-story patio with PLENTY of space for extra set-ups. Brawl will be used most prolly, but I will have 1 or 2 tv's just for Melee.

I guess when I get back in the next hour or so, I'll see if any of you are still interested.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Cool, bring it. I don't have a lot of hard drive space though. I can't really help too much in the video department. I'm gonna bug SOS into bringing his VCR to record at least the SC matches (FYI, he ain't be around for smash)
ok ill take it but the progam we're gonna have to useis movie maker =/
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW
I love smashboards maintenance when forkgirl has a smashfest :/

So, lets get down to business. Im having a smashfest at my house today. At least 5-15 n00bs will be wandering my house looking for some of you to light the way. When I finish typing this, I'm going down to walmart to buy a bunch of sodas and junk food. Maybe if everyone brings $5 each I can get us some pizza. Idk about that though, depends on money issues.

5551 Lost Lane
78238 San Antonio, TX
From the bandera/grissom intersection by Gamelot, go south on grissom til you hit the street light that gos to Driggers Elementary skool (It's almost a mile). After the light, when you go down a hill and see a u-haul parking lot on your left side, my street will be on your right. If you reach the valero intersection, then you went too far. Sorry if that doesnt explain it well. It's called Lost Lane for a reason.

324 4295 (phone, i can txt too)

So far, I can guaruntee about 5 tv's. If ppl bring some, i do have a 2-story patio with PLENTY of space for extra set-ups. Brawl will be used most prolly, but I will have 1 or 2 tv's just for Melee.

I guess when I get back in the next hour or so, I'll see if any of you are still interested.
what will you be playing there? melee? and how much melee? what time? kyle you coming to this?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Brawl will most likely be the main setup, but I prefer Melee myself so we'll have one or two tv's just for that. I know that ppl will be showing up at random times throughout the day, but you can expect it to start at 5ish and last well into the night.

If anyone wants to spend the night (I live 5 minutes from the tourny and I'll be showing up there around noon tmrw), I can offer it.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Has anyone heard anything about Darkrain coming to this? That will pretty much be the deciding factor as to whether I go to this or not. I want to play him/talk to him about teaming in Kansas, but if he's not going... meh

Btw, this is JF on ARC's account.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will most likely be the main setup, but I prefer Melee myself so we'll have one or two tv's just for that. I know that ppl will be showing up at random times throughout the day, but you can expect it to start at 5ish and last well into the night.

If anyone wants to spend the night (I live 5 minutes from the tourny and I'll be showing up there around noon tmrw), I can offer it.
ooooh i see....i wonder ifany ok melee players are going...
Has anyone heard anything about Darkrain coming to this? That will pretty much be the deciding factor as to whether I go to this or not. I want to play him/talk to him about teaming in Kansas, but if he's not going... meh

im pretty sure darkrain isn't coming to this little tournament

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
ok ill take it but the progam we're gonna have to useis movie maker =/

what will you be playing there? melee? and how much melee? what time? kyle you coming to this?
I won't be making it to Nike's smashfest tonight, seeing that I need to take care of a few things before I'm completely boned for the entirety of Saturday. Also, my phone number is 210 723 5386, so you can hit me up whenever.

Sorry, I have no clue on whether Darkrain is coming to this or not. Austin told me about it, and I was really surprised, but I haven't heard anything about it. I for one would be really excited if he came. However he would probably destroy just about everyone, seeing that Caveman isn't coming, at least not until after Melee starts because he works. Rayz vs Darkrain would be amazing though.

Nike.

Smash Hero
If anybody does decide to come to my smashfest today, Bring setups! The more wii's/cube's we have, the more smash

bluezaft

The True Zaft

You're confusing San Antonio with Dallas. Ahahahahaha we ****.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
Nike: Thanks for hosting and great meeting you and everyone else I met. Good Brawl games...even to the people who were calling it trash the whole night. LOL

Hope to hang with y'all again. See you all at Gamelot tomorrow.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yea so i went to Nike's tonight and got my *** ***** in melee like i expected

He had brawl upstairs so i went and played it for the first time ever and liked it....cuz i wasn't getting *****

squirtle FTW

oh and @GAMELOT person-Can you have some Tekken 5 DR tournies soon please?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Yea so i went to Nike's tonight and got my *** ***** in melee like i expected

He had brawl upstairs so i went and played it for the first time ever and liked it....cuz i wasn't getting *****

squirtle FTW

oh and @GAMELOT person-Can you have some Tekken 5 DR tournies soon please?
Lol gamelot person

foo i run this town!

Say it! Who's the Duke of New York?

Say it!

but yeah I'm gonna mix it up for my next tournament, maybe add Tekken 5 DR. Can't make any promises, but talk to me at the tournament, I don't have any contact with the Tekken community and I need my hype people.

Anyways, I'm going to bed, because tomorrow is going to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long.

Any of you cats got a problem, call me

210 723 5386

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Lol gamelot person

foo i run this town!

Say it! Who's the Duke of New York?

Say it!

but yeah I'm gonna mix it up for my next tournament, maybe add Tekken 5 DR. Can't make any promises, but talk to me at the tournament, I don't have any contact with the Tekken community and I need my hype people.

Anyways, I'm going to bed, because tomorrow is going to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long.

Any of you cats got a problem, call me

210 723 5386
lmao

i wont be there, i have to work :(
but i know some people and ill talk to you sooner or later in person

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey Nike, I'm sorry for not being able to hang out last night. For some reason, Smashboards didn't start working till RIGHT now on my computer.

KM, what's going to be the price of teams tournament for Brawl, if there is one?

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
i hope i do well! :D and i think imma just take a VCR to record that would be easier at the moment. and this wouldbe exclusively for melee....**** brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom