• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamelot Monthly (Soul Calibur IV, Brawl, Melee) Sept 20th 08 (Results in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey Nike, I'm sorry for not being able to hang out last night. For some reason, Smashboards didn't start working till RIGHT now on my computer.

KM, what's going to be the price of teams tournament for Brawl, if there is one?
probably 10 per team..... any other number is just kinda odd.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
Great seeing everyone at the tourney today. Sorry that I bailed so quickly after I got eliminated but it is football season. Really cool to meet some new people too and I learned a few more things with Brawl.

Also, I may get into SC4 some....since no one plays Talim very well and that makes me sad. See y'all next tourney and some of y'all at UTSA.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
this tourney was fun, i gotta stop getting nervous like a noob

Nike.

Smash Hero
melee:
1. caveman
2. jf
3. austinrc
4. alex

brawl:
1. dojo
2. santi (they split)
3. hylian
4. espy (HIS FIRST TOURNYYYYYYY)
5. lee

i recorded alot of matches. they'll be up by tmrw. alex recorded all melee matches, while i did brawl finals matches. im really tired. and im not housing san angelo cuz there spending the night at some chicks house.

1st and 2nd, and then they get laid. i wanna be cool like them D:

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
puffball's sonic owns life....not a sonic player alive can do what he does in texas

it was good to see everyone in the tourney again

san angelo and austin still ***** face like always

good games to all

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
Today's tourney was pretty cool. For those of you who don't know me, I was the Snake with the weird hair. My tag today was Morningstar. Good games to all and to all a good night.

- JUJ: I've been wanting to play you for awhile now. I'm glad I finally got to. Sucks you were feelin' a little suicidal, though. :p
- Etang: You're not reading this, but it sucks we had to play each other. We're a crew, G. Messed up.
- GreyFox: I won last time, you won this time. It's two outta three, I hope you know. I've gotcha picture in my wallet so I won't forget Redemption time, nukka. Haha, good games.
- ChaOtic: Your Pit had me nervous. Keep that shiz up. You're pretty badass.
- Slim: I was surprised you picked Zelda. I was anticipating Olimar or Wario... or that monkey. Always a pleasure, very fun games.
- Cake: Nice stuff. We were neck & neck both games but ultimately you were the better player. Props.
- Forkgirl: Stay hot. :]
- DoJo: You're a monster, man. I'm not surprised at all you won.
- Santi: Your Toonage is crazy. Hopefully I'll get to friendly you next time.
- Hylian: Same as above... except it applies to whatever character you play, I just don't know anymore. Friendly next time.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Alex gg's get those matches up soon nukka!!! <3 you!!!! Also love everyone at the tournament *kiss's n hugs*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This tournament should of been renamed to San Angelo Rapefest: The beggining.

Dojo 3 stocked every single opponent he had in this tournament. Holy ****.

I will give some shoutouts now I guess but not many:

Dojo: Holy ****. I expect you to win every tournament in texas now with ease. Seriously dude..teach me lol.

Santi: I TOLD YOU ^_^. I knew you had potiential and you showed it today. Amazing job beating me.

Cake: Pick a new character lol. Seriously though, good games. Had me worried on corneria for a bit.

Espy: Sick sonic. Scary stuff :).

Lee Harris: You show that ship!

To all the people who asked me to play: Sorry I never got the chance to play you! Everyone was gone when I got knocked out :/ lol.

I will do more shoutouts later.

Oh, and melee was fun :).

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hylian, Im watching the MM you and Lee had. Ive never seen matches this funny in my life. They'll be up tmrw.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
eek, umm i'm not too sure. i'll have to ask if alex and puffball wanna do one again.
oh, and yes. quite the sexy.

CONVICTED
im sure alex will for melee. If not i drive and ill go

LOL after we left he said he was calling me that cuz he thought i quit melee (which is not true)

SUSPECT ftw

Anh

Smash Rookie
that was a great tournament...i had alot of fun. nice job running it kyle

and shoutouts to all the people there, i had alot of memorable matches. hope to see another tourney !

=)

Kal

Smash Champion
Kyle, what do you think of seeding these monthlies by skill based on previous monthlies? 1st place can get a 1, 2nd can get a 2, and so on, and then everyone 10th and over just gets a 10. Newcomers also get a 10 (unless they're obviously very good, like Forward or something).

Nike.

Smash Hero
Brawl Matches

Losers Semis
Hylian (meta) vs. Espy (sonic) 1
Hylian (meta) vs. Espy (sonic) 2
Hylian (g&w) vs. Espy (sonic) 3
This was Puffballs first tourny, and he used SONIC and still placed 4th. Good **** man.

Winners Finals
Dojo (meta) vs. Santi (toon link) 1
Dojo (meta) vs. Santi (toon link) 2
Dojo (meta) vs. Santi (toon link) 3
It was painful to watch :(

Losers Finals
Hylian (g&w) vs. Santi (toon link) 1
Hylian (g&w) vs. Santi (toon link) 2
Hylian (g&w) vs. Santi (toon link 3
Hylian (meta) vs. Santi (toon link) 4
The ending was close on that last match. Dojo ans Santi split Grand Finals.

Hylian and Lees $10 MM's You MUST watch it and witness the brutality that the wii was treating to Lee. Funniest **** you'll ever watch in a set.
Proof of hax by hylian 1
The highlight of this tourny 2
Not something you'd expect 3
High tier ftw! 4
Hylain getting lucky AGAIN 5
Characters they both suk at 6
More suk 7
Hylain wins award for luck of the year 8

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, what do you think of seeding these monthlies by skill based on previous monthlies? 1st place can get a 1, 2nd can get a 2, and so on, and then everyone 10th and over just gets a 10. Newcomers also get a 10 (unless they're obviously very good, like Forward or something).
uh, yes. it was my first tourny and I played caveman for my first match.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
- GreyFox: I won last time, you won this time. It's two outta three, I hope you know. I've gotcha picture in my wallet so I won't forget Redemption time, nukka. Haha, good games.
hey ill hold you up to that and see ya at the next tourney with the tie breaker. your snake is still as good as ever. though next time my zelda will be so good that no one elses will ever beat your snake xD....poor poor slim

Kal

Smash Champion
uh, yes. it was my first tourny and I played caveman for my first match.
Well, that should happen. Seeding is supposed to prevent players of roughly equal skill from playing each other early on. It prevents the best players from taking each other out early and skewing the results so that a bad player places higher than he should.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
all in favor of hylian being the luckiest in TX speak now :p

ZSdK

Smash Cadet
I can't believe I lost because they spelled my name wrong so every time I would hear it, it sounded like Z-Sak or Zack. So they dq'd me my first round. Typoed the d for a a. ._. I liked the tournament, I will go to more if they make another one :)

Fyre

Smash Apprentice
GGs to everyone. Had a blast. First tourney ive been to since....Final Smash 2? Shouts out to everyone. Havent seen alot of you in awhile. I'll try to not choke like I always do next tourney lol.

Oh, and Brinstar is now my most hated stage. Thank you VERY much Kyle and Taylor ;P

forkgirl

Smash Lord
GGs to everyone. Had a blast. First tourney ive been to since....Final Smash 2? Shouts out to everyone. Havent seen alot of you in awhile. I'll try to not choke like I always do next tourney lol.

Oh, and Brinstar is now my most hated stage. Thank you VERY much Kyle and Taylor ;P
melee:
1. caveman
2. jf
3. austinrc
4. alex

brawl:
1. dojo
2. santi (they split)
3. hylian
4. espy (HIS FIRST TOURNYYYYYYY)
5. lee
WTF you put the top 5 placings for brawl but just top 4 for melee :p kal and i tied for 5th LOL (only reason i'm complaining):chuckle:

anyways shoutouts:

Kyle: thanks for the tournamnet. It was pretty cramped in that room but i know its not your fault and i had a lot of fun. I cant believe we got it done with just 3 tvs for melee but we did lol :) good **** on running 3 tourneys at once...as far as i know nothing went wrong so yay props

JF: grrrrr donkey kong ;_; but yeah thats crazy how good you are with him :) good shtuff getting 2nd place :D :D and good seeing you again

ARC: good seeing you again. congrats at you and JF getting 2nd and 3rd. hopefully i'll see you guys soon for kansas practice (even if i dont go ;_; lol)

Kal: always good playing you :) yay for fox dittos :p your marth is getting better. But i think my sheik is too, so *glares at you competatively* jk jk yay for us tying for 5th place

jesse: i dont understand why you never enter the tournaments!!!! you'd do so well. sigh. but whatever its up to you. But good seeing you again and thanks for the fox practice :)

fyre: maybe use falcon on brinstar?? idk. but good matches. I was soooo nervous that last stock on our last match at pokemon stadium. I'm sure you were too. ugh so much pressure. you should come to more tournaments

alex19: good playing you! I got some of my fox-gimping tricks back lol but it wasnt enough. ;_; You should come over and play with us more :D

xelic: </3 jorddaaaannnnnnn *whines* ;_;

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
WTF you put the top 5 placings for brawl but just top 4 for melee :p kal and i tied for 5th LOL (only reason i'm complaining):chuckle:

anyways shoutouts:

Kyle: thanks for the tournamnet. It was pretty cramped in that room but i know its not your fault and i had a lot of fun. I cant believe we got it done with just 3 tvs for melee but we did lol :) good **** on running 3 tourneys at once...as far as i know nothing went wrong so yay props

JF: grrrrr donkey kong ;_; but yeah thats crazy how good you are with him :) good shtuff getting 2nd place :D :D and good seeing you again

ARC: good seeing you again. congrats at you and JF getting 2nd and 3rd. hopefully i'll see you guys soon for kansas practice (even if i dont go ;_; lol)

Kal: always good playing you :) yay for fox dittos :p your marth is getting better. But i think my sheik is too, so *glares at you competatively* jk jk yay for us tying for 5th place

jesse: i dont understand why you never enter the tournaments!!!! you'd do so well. sigh. but whatever its up to you. But good seeing you again and thanks for the fox practice :)

fyre: maybe use falcon on brinstar?? idk. but good matches. I was soooo nervous that last stock on our last match at pokemon stadium. I'm sure you were too. ugh so much pressure. you should come to more tournaments

alex19: good playing you! I got some of my fox-gimping tricks back lol but it wasnt enough. ;_; You should come over and play with us more :D

xelic: </3 jorddaaaannnnnnn *whines* ;_;
i will :) i know i'll get better by playing cave too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom