• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamelot Monthly (Soul Calibur IV, Brawl, Melee) Sept 20th 08 (Results in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So I'm going to start doing monthly tournaments at Gamelot, and hopefully we can build it up into something bigger after enough of these.

Where:

Gamelot

7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
(At Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.)
210-684-0101

Events:
Doors open at 12:00 pm. You may register as soon as you get there. The first event will begin at 2:00 pm. (Again, 210-684-0101, if you are running late.)

Soul Calibur IV..........................................................................2:00 pm
Brawl (Singles)..........................................................................3:00pm
Melee (Singles)..........................................................................4:00pm

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $5 for a wristband. You will need this to be allowed into the tournament area.

Each game will be $10.00 to enter.

Prize Layout:
All events will pay out as such:

1st: 60% :cool:
2nd: 25% ;)
3rd: 15% :lick:

WE NEED CONSOLES AND COPIES OF THE GAMES. IF YOU CAN BRING AN EXTRA TV, THAT TOO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I will try to bring a VCR to record matches, but it will be up to someone else to upload them. Bring a VHS tape too.

Rules:

Soul Calibur IV

There will be both Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles available. If both players wish to play their match on Xbox 360, that is fine. However, PS3 is the nationals standard, therefore it will have priority when two players argue over what machine to play on. (Besides, it's no secret the 360 controller just plain isn't that good for fighting games)

Banned Characters:
Guest Characters, Custom characters (Color/costume edits are still allowed), and Yoda/Darth Vader are banned from use in the tournament.

Double Elimination
Rounds: 3/5
Best 2/3 matches
Finals (Winners, Losers) will be best 3/5 matches
Grand Finals are best 4/7 matches

First match can opt for a blind pick, first stage is random.
Winner stays character.
Loser can change character and pick a stage if he/she desires.

Any infinites, such as Ivy's rising B, Astaroth's sidestep B,
and Algol's gun juggle are banned. If these tactics are used, i.e., two Ivy rising B's are used consecutively are used in a combo, the rule breaker will immediately lose that round.

Brawl Singles

Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Finals will be best 3 of 5.

Neutral Random stages:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination

Counter Pick:
Delfino Plaza
Corneria (Melee)
Great Sea
Rainbow Ride
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Brinstar (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise

Everything else is banned.

No items.
Time Limit: 7 minutes
3 stock
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.

Each player can strike one non random stage.

At the start of the first round, each player can use one random reset.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.

Stall tactics such as..... whatever they are at the current moment.... are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

Melee Singles

Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Finals and Semifinals will best 4 of 7.
Random stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Story
Banned stages: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Onett, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Great Bay, Poke Floats (However, any stage is open, as long as both players agree to it)
No items.
Time Limit: 7 minutes
4 stock
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.

Each player can strike one non random stage.

At the start of the first round, each player can use one random reset.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.

Stall tactics such as Rising Pound and Peach Wall bomber are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

No controller mods/macros, etc.

First Gamelot Monthly Results:

NOTE: Sorry, I accidently lost the Brawl results. Thought I had them, but apparently I didn't save them or something. I have a rough idea of the top half of the results, so if we will use that to influence seeding, I would like it if the Brawl players can help me by remembering what place they got.

We had 25 entrants for Soul Calibur, 45 entrants for Brawl Singles, and 22 for Melee Singles.

Soul Calibur IV:

1 High Lord Agustin
2 Nori
3 DSB
4 Setsuna
5 Con
5 CNP
7 Dark Krillin
7 Zumilian
9 S.O.S
9 s0mE BlaCk GuY
9 Andychrist
9 Lightmare
13 ClayJoe
13 Blaise
13 Kal
13 Xero FX
17 Heero
17 exempt Terror
17 slaycruz
17 74 Itachi
17 The Rock (Forfeited)
17 Redshadow (Forfeited)
17 Merc 74
17 Bushido
25 JUJ (judge)

Note: SOS was doing really good, but had to leave at 4:30 so he could go to work. Caveman offered to take his place after SOS's last match that put SOS into losers, but Cave lost that.

Brawl Singles:

1:Dojo
1:Santi
3:Hylian

Melee singles

1: Caveman ($132.00)
2: JesusFreak ($55.00)
3: AustinRC ($33.00)
4: Alex19
5: Forkgirl
5: Kal
7: Anh
7: Fyre
9: King Mosquito
9: Aaron Sterling
9: Hylian
9: Heavy (Danny)
13: OT
13: Red Shadow (Melee)
13: Gale
13: Dyse
17: 3 pm
17: KPD
17: Bocks
17: Pork
17: Turk
25: TZ

Note: Austin RC conceded to JesusFreak, because they were debating who might stand a better chance against Caveman. They ended up splitting second and third.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Alright, awesome. I'm sure to be able to make it. I'll see you all there.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will attend these :).

Nike.

Smash Hero
Trying to get a san antonio crew for this. It'll be filled with beginners who've never been to a tourny, but ehh. Any takers?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Ill see if the RGV can attend, If we got enough money to make it by the 20th (were all broke despite people adding $ at the end of their tag)

Dojo

Smash Champion
San Angelo will be trying to come.
Hobo's coming up, so I'm not sure we'll be able to make this first one unless we bring home some money from houston. I'll have an update for us after this coming weekend is up.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
someone want to comedown to my house and play in san antonio? mm idc or just play i have a capture card if interested and i have vids up on youtube if interested.

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't think Kyle cares. If he did, he wouldn't have Algol and Apprentice banned.

Also, holy crap, the PS3 is, in fact, the standard. It makes sense, of course. I just had no idea they had yet decided the PS3 would be the standard.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
wtf? why is Algol banned? does kyle even ****in know what goes on in the SC community? it's whatever....i'm still going to be there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trying to get a san antonio crew for this. It'll be filled with beginners who've never been to a tourny, but ehh. Any takers?
I'd like to do this, if there is anything involving crews.

And Hylian, would you like to play some friendlies? I wanna see how good you are...been awhile since we've played.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I am considering unbanning Algol and Apprentice, FYI. They don't seem to be very popular despite people saying they're broken. I guess it's all up to personal choice.

And no of course I can't tell what's going on the SC community, because Caliburforums is a strange place =p

Chickenwing can you get me the official rules for the nationals?

As for the console, well, I know I will have people that will bring both consoles, but either way we're gonna have people *****ing about one console or another. Although I would prefer a PS3 controller over a 360 controller any day.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Kyle, let them *****. they just need to grow up and play on PS3. If they were active members of the calibur community they would understand, but since they're not, i don't need to hear it. They wanna compete in our world, then they need to understand how we play. Now i mean, of course since it's almost too late to let people know that it's just on PS3 , and yes i am willing to accomidate the people by bringing both systems. (yes i have the game on both systems) but from here on out it should be PS3.

As far as the rules are concerned, we (as a community) are still ironing out the rules now. So sadly i can't give you the official rule set.

Algol and apprentince: Depsite them being unpopular, there should be no reason that they shouldn't be banned. Besides, SOS still claims he can step into our world and do some serious damage. I'd still like to see that happen. :)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
If we bring one full setup do we get some kind of fee waver? (the rgv is most likely going to be pretty broke during the 20th)

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
that is a good question...

Kyle: i know gamelot has at least 10 tv's there. But does the Calibur peeps need to bring anymore full set's of systems as well as TV's. I mean i have 3 TVs and 2 systems that i could bring......well....2 tv's. The largerst one weighs 100lbs.....(****ING TUBE TV)

so....um....yeah...any compensation for the set? idc if there is or isn't. Oh, and we need to talk about the monthlies for SC4. I would rather not have it conflict with our schedule, but more or less cooperate with our schedule. i'll give you more intel on it on the day of the tournament when i show up. But i'm workin on somethin nice for You, Gamelot and myself. I see this as a good opportunity for everyone in SA and the surrounding area.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Are you playing one of these games now? Which one? Let's practice some if you're gonna go =)
sc's gay and i haven't played any type of smash in months...but it'd be fun to go. =]

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Soul Caliber 4 looks easy to learn.

I think I'll learn Ivy's inf over the weekend and just win the event =)

Kal

Smash Champion
>_< It's banninated.

Just learn Cassy and you'll do pretty well.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
that is a good question...

Kyle: i know gamelot has at least 10 tv's there. But does the Calibur peeps need to bring anymore full set's of systems as well as TV's. I mean i have 3 TVs and 2 systems that i could bring......well....2 tv's. The largerst one weighs 100lbs.....(****ING TUBE TV)

so....um....yeah...any compensation for the set? idc if there is or isn't. Oh, and we need to talk about the monthlies for SC4. I would rather not have it conflict with our schedule, but more or less cooperate with our schedule. i'll give you more intel on it on the day of the tournament when i show up. But i'm workin on somethin nice for You, Gamelot and myself. I see this as a good opportunity for everyone in SA and the surrounding area.
The venue fee was agreed upon with the owner a long time ago, and I don't have anyway to discount it even if you bring a set up. However extra setups NEVER HURT.

I'm expecting there to be both 360 and PS3 setups for SC4.

Also, YOUR schedule? This something you're doing on Caliburforums? And I already have the next tournament date set because I have to work around Gamelot's other events (namely card tournaments).
While I know Brawl will most certainly have a good turnout, I'm going to hold my breath on Melee and SC4. Depending on the attendance, they may be cut or moved to side tourney status for the October event. I will be changing the game lineup to mix it up and experiment.

Also, the actual count is 8 tvs at Gamelot. Two broke over the course of this year. Anyways, I myself will be supplying two tvs. However, in terms of consoles I can only bring a good old cube+melee.

Anyways, SC4 is a mixed bag right now, with the game very new, on two consoles, and the rules still being very much ironed out by its community.

If I change the current SC rules, then it will be duly noted.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
The venue fee was agreed upon with the owner a long time ago, and I don't have anyway to discount it even if you bring a set up. However extra setups NEVER HURT.

I'm expecting there to be both 360 and PS3 setups for SC4.

Also, YOUR schedule? This something you're doing on Caliburforums? And I already have the next tournament date set because I have to work around Gamelot's other events (namely card tournaments).
While I know Brawl will most certainly have a good turnout, I'm going to hold my breath on Melee and SC4. Depending on the attendance, they may be cut or moved to side tourney status for the October event. I will be changing the game lineup to mix it up and experiment.

Also, the actual count is 8 tvs at Gamelot. Two broke over the course of this year. Anyways, I myself will be supplying two tvs. However, in terms of consoles I can only bring a good old cube+melee.

Anyways, SC4 is a mixed bag right now, with the game very new, on two consoles, and the rules still being very much ironed out by its community.

If I change the current SC rules, then it will be duly noted.
i think i can take a melee set up if i go...

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
i can tell you right now Kyle. PS3 is tournie standard. and no i'm not on Caliburforums, i'm on 8wayrun.com Anywho, yes i am talking with the main TO's in both Houston and Dallas and we've are doing TX monthlies

Dallas just had one on 8/30
Houston is 10/4
and SA (pending) is 11/8

so...um Yeah. but duley noted, i'll try to get 2 FULL setups for this tourney. Anywho, if you need me to run SC then cool, i'll handle it for the most part. Otherwise , it's whatever.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
I guess hylian i could money match you now since you'recoming down anyways.... so what wasit 20 dollars? and if ray comes too 150$? Lol wow...

Hey kyle so we have to get there at eleven to registre and what if wejust wanted to play melee you have to wait until 4? :(

Kal

Smash Champion
You're going to money match Rayzorium for $150?

Alex, you can just pay the $5 door fee and you'll play as many friendlies as you want. But be aware that, during a game's tournament, the tournament matches will be the priority. That means you won't get a lot of friendlies in while the tournament is being run.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
You're going to money match Rayzorium for $150?

Alex, you can just pay the $5 door fee and you'll play as many friendlies as you want. But be aware that, during a game's tournament, the tournament matches will be the priority. That means you won't get a lot of friendlies in while the tournament is being run.
whats up kal im completely aware of that, hylian is the one who brought that up with me he said if i lose to ray i only owe him 15 dollars but if i beat him hylian would give me 150 so im confident enought i mean rayzorium did beat me when i played him he's extremely good but i think i've gotten better since the last time i played him so ill give it a shot if he still wants to. you coming down kal? what about austin(Rc)?
and has you're little bro started using marth yet? Lol :)

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'll be down there. I don't know about Austin, but I'd say "hopefully not."

And yeah, good luck beating Ray. I'd be very impressed if you beat him. Do you want to money match for $1?

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll be down there. I don't know about Austin, but I'd say "hopefully not."

And yeah, good luck beating Ray. I'd be very impressed if you beat him. Do you want to money match for $1?
yea if you'd like to 1$ will just intensify things Lol

i wanna play austin itwas really close between me and him he beat me one and i beat him once, that guy has a good marth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom