• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game & Watch Match-up Export Thread Directory

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ. Do you guys never post here, or did you just get bombarded to hell with MU requests from other character boards? *looks* Wow, you never post in here.

Wolf boards are discussing you. Please, don't be ignorant like other boards. :( Wolf is underestimated. We're looking for people that have legit MU experience against a good Wolf and don't just assume Wolf sucks. If you've got legit exp, we beg you're assistance. Thank you.
^wut he said.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i've fought and beaten kain before :o(on wifi)

does that count as good wolfy experience?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I don't have the best experience against Wolf, but I can see this being a really even matchup.
Edit: If pressed, I'd put 50-50 between us, though it could swing in G&W's favor to 55-45.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i think its 60:40 G&W's favor

G&W can really pressure wolf offstage

plus he can still rack up dmg very easily in the air if wolf isn't careful

Bair and spam is all that wolf has to keep G&W on the ground

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I'd put it 50:50. Wolf has quick kill moves, a decent projectile against G&W, a quick jab that can get you out of some nasty situations, and a shine maneuver that can stop juggling in an instant.

Really, wolf's only major downfall in this MU is his recovery. Too easy to gimp.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Does anybody want to discuss the Ganondorf match-up?

I'm tired of Ganon's U-Air out prioritizing G&W's D-Air, Ganon killing G&W at low %s, and constantly using Up-B to get out of Ganon's D-Air.

Ganon is a good anti-aerial(?) counter to G&W, or at least in my opinion.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
if you're constantly dairing into ganons uair then you have to change your strategy man ;/
means you're getting predictable
lol no offence

this match up is well in G&W's favor
because he pretty much ***** ganon in the air and can kill him easily offstage with a weak fair.

he does have power tho,and can kill you early
so just be wise to most of his attempts to lure you in...and you should pretty much be okay...lol
i.e dair cancel into fsmash is a common one

oh and ban norfair :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Does anybody want to discuss the Ganondorf match-up?

I'm tired of Ganon's U-Air out prioritizing G&W's D-Air, Ganon killing G&W at low %s, and constantly using Up-B to get out of Ganon's D-Air.

Ganon is a good anti-aerial(?) counter to G&W, or at least in my opinion.
I have a TON of experience in this matchup.

It's a very easy matchup once you learn his spacing tricks. G&W has a simple counter for everything he does. You can be extremely aggressive with F-air in this matchup. Fullhop F-airs hit Ganondorf easily, and get him offstage, and then F-airing him while he's offstage will almost always gimp him (even the weak hit is enough to gimp him).

Even though he does have moves that outrange D-tilt, it's still a very good move for poking him and stuffing approaches. He also really can't punish G&W's Jab at all.

Basically, don't get baited by stupid tricks. Keep up the pressure so that he has no room to bait. Get him offstage and F-air him to oblivion.

I treat the Kirby matchup the exact same way personally. I pressure him a lot and rush him down once he's offstage.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you have a ton of experience cuz you use ganon too :p

saw you in the character boards compilation lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W vs Ganon is one of my favorite matchups on both ends. People die quickly in it.

But it's at least 7/3 G&W.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganondorf is really fun. His playstyle is kinda similar to G&W's. You bait and space, and you techchase. And you obliterate people with overpowered F-airs and F-smashes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Speaking of Donkey Kong, I thought I would point this out because it's hilarious.

D-smash ***** him on battlefield. It hits him even if you stand on a platform.

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
I get ***** by dk in brawl+. Almost all his aerials autocancels and ftilt,dtilt, and uptilt really cuts down on my approaches and his up b has more vertical distance. Any tips. You dont have to answer if you dont have any exp in brawl+. I still love regular brawl but i have no wii and my friends love brawl+ :( Plus gnw cant bucket brake in brawl+ so much bs

Denti

Smash Master
I used these match up numbers on the olimar boards on a thread talking about who's good secondary to beat olimar's bad match ups
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252616&page=2

and quite a few of the olmar mains said these numbers are wrong and or out dated. they appear acurate to me, but if they arent ya'll should update them please! i'm considering secondarying GaW and i want to get a feel for the match ups. :)

thx for reading!

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, G&W Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + G&W match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Are the matchups in the first post still accurate? I'm thinking of taking gw as a serious secondary for my DK to handle DDD, spacies, and rob.

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
I think that about half the mu's in this list are wrong it's just gonna take a while for everyone to realize this lol

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
most of these matchups are pretty outdated.
look for the rediscussed ones, those are accuarate.
we're up to 13 rediscussed?
we really need to get the ball moving and rediscuss the rest.

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
You want me to believe that the rediscussed matchups are accurate eh?

The 1st vid i saw of gnw vs icies was NoJ vs Lain, noj got *****; UTDZac lost to lain's ic's recently,Anti's G&W lost to meep recently ( if u haven't seen this set u should)
i have never seen a top gaw user beat a top ic user so please tell me how it can so easy as to be 6/4 in our favor.
Don't get me started on falco being 6/4 and tell me how marth is a harder matchup then MK?

it's late and i don't feel like explaing these but ppl plz open ur eyes and look the competition in more dimensions than 2!!! (btw Cable's dk ***** me, if u ever play him in tourney just hope that he doesn't wreck u too hard) that is all

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
You want me to believe that the rediscussed matchups are accurate eh?

The 1st vid i saw of gnw vs icies was NoJ vs Lain, noj got *****; UTDZac lost to lain's ic's recently,Anti's G&W lost to meep recently ( if u haven't seen this set u should)
i have never seen a top gaw user beat a top ic user so please tell me how it can so easy as to be 6/4 in our favor.
Don't get me started on falco being 6/4 and tell me how marth is a harder matchup then MK?

it's late and i don't feel like explaing these but ppl plz open ur eyes and look the competition in more dimensions than 2!!! (btw Cable's dk ***** me, if u ever play him in tourney just hope that he doesn't wreck u too hard) that is all
For both MK and Marth all you need to do is space and be smart. G&W vs MK isnt as hard as most people think. You can punish tornado with chef I think and Up air, and his shuttle loop with up b. Marth just out ranges g&w and its a lot harder to punish him.

Vinnie

Smash Master
My opinions of the matchups in ratios, even though Zac told us not to do this.

Marth - 35/65
Diddy - 35/65
Metaknight - 40/60
Snake - 40/60
Ice Climbers - 40/60
DK - 45/55
Olimar - 45/55
Lucario - 45/55
Toon Link - 45/55
Wario - 50/50 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
ZSS - 50/50 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
Sonic - 50/50
Falco - 50/50
King DDD - 55/45
Peach - 55/45
Sheik - 55/45 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
Wolf -55/45 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
Ike - 55/45
Kirby - 60/40
Bowser - 60/40 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
Pikachu - 60/40 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
Link - 60/40
Pokemon Trainer - 60/40
Luigi - 60/40
Yoshi - 60/40 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
Fox - 60/40 not experienced enough in the matchup to be 100% accurate
Mario - 65/35
Lucas - 65/35

Captain Falcon - 65/35
Pit - 65/35

Rob - 65/35
Samus - 65/35
Ganon - 70/30
Zelda - 70/30
Ness - 70/30
Jigglypuff - 80/20 LOL

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK is 60:40 almost solid 65:35. Seriously that is a hard matchup for G&W, potentially his hardest IMO.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
as isaid on aim xP

i don't think the IC match up is that bad unless ur on FD lol

50/50 at the most

i agree with the MK and Marth MU both being just as bad tho

Splice

Smash Hero
@Vinnie
I'd put Toon Link and ZSS as 60:40 disadvantages, I'd put Falco slightly not in our favour, I'd put Sonic as 65:35 advantage, and then I'd swap MK with Diddy, and after all that, I'd agree completely.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
@Vinnie
I'd put Toon Link and ZSS as 60:40 disadvantages, I'd put Falco slightly not in our favour, I'd put Sonic as 65:35 advantage, and then I'd swap MK with Diddy, and after all that, I'd agree completely.
i agree with this except for the diddy and mk switch part. that should stay the same.
diddy is much harder than mk imo.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I disagree with basically everything on your matchup ratios LOL.

As I said, I really don't know what to say. I'm not going to bother countering your personal experience. If you need matchup help...I might answer to that.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I disagree with basically everything on your matchup ratios LOL.

As I said, I really don't know what to say. I'm not going to bother countering your personal experience. If you need matchup help...I might answer to that.
Well don't just post without your reasonings.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Firstoff, Marth is not that bad if you know what you're doing. You can trade hits with most of his stuff with F-airs, and you outdamage him in this situation. F-air also gets him offstage really easily, which is even better. Learn to SDI DB and you should take little damage from it. You can also potentially get a free D-air or B-air from it. Edgeguarding and juggling of course works extremely well.

Diddy Kong...is really annoying if they're good, but the matchup is fine if you're good at Z catching Bananas on reaction, and occasionally swings to G&W's favor on counterpicks.

Vs Donkey Kong, I just think G&W players don't play this matchup enough. G&W has the tools to shut down Donkey Kong really solidly. DK is easily shield poked, and N-air out of shield punishes almost everything he does (assuming that he usually approaches with B-air and other aerial mixups). He's also very easy to edgeguard, and once you learn to bait the <100% getup attack by learning to do turnaround grabs out of shield, it's not that bad. On BF, you **** him when it comes to edgeguarding. D-smash, and especially D-tilt hit below the platforms, giving you the perfect stage control options for edgeguarding him. Learn to not get baited by airdodge -> U-tilt mixups and stay patient when he does Smashes.

Olimar similarly, I just think most G&W players aren't familiar enough in this matchup. It's really a very simple matchup for G&W. Just outpatience him with D-tilt and N-air until your N-air hits him, and then **** him. D-throw also ***** him a lot even if he techs. Generally speaking all you need to do is take advantage of the fact that Olimar should really never be approaching and stage control him to death.

Vs Lucario is also in G&W's favor...don't get baited by forward rolls, F-smashes, and full charged Aura spheres and there isn't much else he can really do.

Vs Sonic....he can't kill you period if he doesn't bait a dodge, so don't dodge unnecessarily and you'll win.

Ike can't do anything if you powershield his aerials on reaction and just outspace his Jabs, and like Sonic, he really can't kill you without baiting a mistake.

That's all I really care to talk about, and there are many numbers I also disagree with, but arguing number discrepancies on that level would be pointless.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ike players won't usually be that aggro FYI

i've played plenty of G&W's as ike,and i've won most of them lol
you just gotta be patient and learn to bait them in well

it's a 50/50 MU IMO 55:45 G&W's favor at most
he can kill G&W very easily

Vinnie

Smash Master
A2ZOMG, your logic is kind of... misleaded, I'll say. You just say a bunch of stuff that gnw has on all of these characters, yet you don't talk about what they think on their side when they think of the Gnw matchup. Statements like these are examples

Learn to SDI DB and you should take little damage from it. You can also potentially get a free D-air or B-air from it.
Bair is way more SDIable than DB, you're acting like we're the only ones that can SDI.

Diddy Kong...is really annoying if they're good, but the matchup is fine if you're good at Z catching Bananas on reaction, and occasionally swings to G&W's favor on counterpicks.
This was a really ignorant statement.

Olimar similarly, I just think most G&W players aren't familiar enough in this matchup. It's really a very simple matchup for G&W. Just outpatience him with D-tilt
I kinda stopped reading after you said dtilt, dtilt against Olimar is really fail and I get punished every time I use it.

Ike can't do anything if you powershield his aerials on reaction and just outspace his Jabs
Even if you powershield his aerials, like a spaced fair, you really can't do much to it, because if you try to punish you're going to be jabbed. Unless you're talking about, power shield -> turn around & bair, even though Ike fair outspaces it, if he were to throw out another.

No offense but everything you said was really theory-fighterish, I disagree with most of it...

Top Bottom