• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game & Watch Match-up Export Thread Directory

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
thats a pretty bold claim there zac, ha ha. apparently, me and you are the only people who even think that matchup is winnable.

So its been a little while since any real changes have been made to the ratios on this matchup thread, is there anything in particular that has become out of date with the recent changes in metagames from apex/genesis etc?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So its been a little while since any real changes have been made to the ratios on this matchup thread, is there anything in particular that has become out of date with the recent changes in metagames from apex/genesis etc?
I think a lot of the numbers are bogus. I'm going to post what I think the matchups are imo. Hopefully it might stir some discussion. Please note that these numbers are from my personal experience and using my personal playstyle, therefore I can understand if people disagree.

Marth - 40:60
(was 35/65)
Snake - 45:55
(was 35/65)
Metaknight - 35:65
(was 40/60)
Diddy - 45:55
(was 40/60)
DK - 55:45
(was 50/50)
Wario - 50:50
(was 50/50)
ZSS - 55:45
(was 50/50)
Olimar - 55:45
(was 55/45)
Toon Link - 45:55
(was 55/45)
King DDD - 50:50
(was 60/40)
Ike - 60:40
(was 60/40)
Falco - 50:50
maybe 55:45 (was 60/40)
Kirby - 60:40
(was 60/40)
Wolf - 60:40
(was 60/40)
Ganon - N/A
Sheik - 60:40
(was 60/40)
Bowser - N/A
Link - 60:40
(was 60/40)
Lucario - 60:40
(was 60/40)
Ice Climbers - 55:45
(was 60/40)
Rob - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Samus - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Pokemon Trainer - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Sonic - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Mario - N/A
Yoshi - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Peach - 55:45
(was 65/35)
Fox - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Pikachu - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Pit - 60:40
(was 65/35)
Luigi - 65:35
(was 70/30)
Zelda - N/A
Ness - 60:40
(was 70/30)
Lucas - 65:35
(was 75/25)
Captain Falcon - 70:30
(was 80/20)
Jigglypuff - 65:35
(was 80/20)

Characters listed in cyan I'm intentionally trying to draw your attention too ;)

These numbers represent my take on how a lot of the character's metagames have changed with respect to fighting against G&W.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm here to start ****--

Game and Watch is a ****ty character. No one should lose to Game and Watch in Singles.

Squirtle does the best, then Ivysaur, then Charizard, I think.

Ivysaur and Charizard both have range on their side, but Ivysaur moves slowly and doesn't deal a lot of damage, while Charizard gets comboed easily. You shouldn't lose your Squirtle stock ever, though. Just don't be a ****ing ******.

Neb

Smash Lord
I'm still re-analyzing some precarious match-ups, so I'm undecided on a few. But I think Marth is more even than we thought awhile ago, and Dedede I think is in G&W's favor.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I have to agree with saying G&W has a little more advantage to Marth, in all my experience against him, They were all close but that's my experience.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
<3 UTD Zac :)

I actually still believe G&W:peach to be 60:40 G&W's favor. (Lee Puff thinks it's even now though haha)
But don't expect me to outline my reasons. I still have plenty of G&W's to take money from.

Assuming they don't pull nines. Stupid nines.
XD

Also:

what?

10what?s

edit: ohhh. uhh, I guess peach. Praxis seems to be going even / ****** all of our good gnws ;_;
Uh...like who? lol.

^^^
I wanted to quote this because I thought it was hilarious.

;)

10<3'sHylian

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DANG funny quote is pretty funny lol.

Zac's number's look pretty good.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Marth - 40:60
(was 35/65)
I joke with my friend all the time about this. Marth does have the advantage, and tipper f-smashes wreck bucket braking, but he's not snake. I can agree with this totally.

Snake - 45:55
(was 35/65)
Although I can see the numbers shifting towards G&W, I'll always think this is G&W's hardest matchup. NoJ, Panda, and a few others agreed with me, generally, if a snake loses to a G&W, its because the snake either doesn't know the match up, or is just worse. I'm on edge about this.

Metaknight - 35:65
(was 40/60)
That's weird. I'd figure this would be more even then it was. I mean, I've played some pretty good MKs. I've played Judge. And for how much better then me he is, I didn't think it was too hard a match up. Granted, I've played a lot of MK, but I digress.

Diddy - 45:55
(was 40/60)
I have an incredibly hard time with this match up. I've only played one diddy, so I can't judge the match up on my obvious lack of experience.

Toon Link - 45:55
(was 55/45)
...people play this character?

King DDD - 50:50
(was 60/40)
Yup. I'd even be willing to give the edge to Dedede.

Falco - 50:50
maybe 55:45 (was 60/40)
All hail Zac, the first G&W showing common sense in awhile. I was just johning about this match up earlier. Any character that gets a free 40 damage, and possible 0 to death, on G&W can't have a major disadvantage. Bucketing lasers is worthless, and Falco has crazy speed over G&W. The gimp easy bird has ugly recovery, which is really only one of two upsides game and watch has, however gimping is Mr. Game and Watch's middle name.
Juggling falco isn't too hard either.

Wolf - 60:40
(was 60/40)
I'll always think this is 55:45. Same situation as Falco. Worthless lasers, pretty fast. The only difference is, Wolf's recovery is a lot worse. I'd also like to say he's easy to juggle, but unless you do it perfectly, a wolf can shine through your juggle efforts.

Ice Climbers - 55:45
(was 60/40)
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: Yes.
IC's is a very scary match up. Oh you're at 30%? *grab* GG.
G&W's nair and bair save G&W from total destruction.

Peach - 55:45
(was 65/35)
Mikey Lenetia is incredibly hard to beat. I can win the match, but its not an easy one. I can agree to this.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
heres how i feel on the matchups at the moment:

mk - 4/6
marth - 4/6
snake - 4/6
diddy - 4/6
toon - 5/5
wario - 5/5
dk - 5/5 (although admittedly, i haven't played a worthy dk yet)
zss - 55/45
olimar - 55/45
ddd - 6/4 (although this maybe swings 55/45, im leaning towords 6/4)
icies - 6/4
lucario - 6/4
kirby - 6/4
rob - 6/4
peach - 6/4
pika - 6/4

those are the top three tiers give or take. most other chars are probably 6/4, some 65/35s
the only chars that gw really dominates are really cfalc and jiggz which are no more than 7/3, maybe not even that much if played well. For the most part i agree with you zac, with a few differing opinions. I see that most of the matchups listed in the thread seem really extreme now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Keep in mind Praxis that I don't main GW. I dropped him 2-3 months before genesis and haven't used him in singles since then really at all. You played my best GW at Hobo16.

I wish you would of let me play IC's against you :(

/Johns

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
the only chars that gw really dominates are really cfalc and jiggz which are no more than 7/3, maybe not even that much if played well. For the most part i agree with you zac, with a few differing opinions. I see that most of the matchups listed in the thread seem really extreme now.
Not completely accurate.

A good jiggs is extremely frustrating like Wario since she'll be air camping a lot. And then Rollout and pound can be stupidly hard to punish, the former of which can kill.

Also, Ganondorf gets completely destroyed by G&W in high level play. I've changed my mind about this matchup. It's a 7/3 matchup. I can do stuff like Up-smash -> run away -> b-air, and never get punished. It's lame. All Ganondorf can do is pray to god that he can trade hits with F-air, and he gets punished a lot for using it due to its landing lag. He can't D-tilt (one of his best moves) if you B-air, and he can't do anything else besides F-air if you D-tilt.

Luigi also has major trouble dealing with G&W. I've been actually using him for some time, and I find one of his most difficult matchups is in fact G&W. He doesn't have any reliable kill moves in this matchup, while G&W has many reliable KO and edgeguard tactics.

Zelda can't do anything to a careful G&W. At all. B-air outranges her moveset pretty solidly. Dins Fire is useless and counterproductive against G&W. And her recovery sucks. And she telegraphs everything.

In short, G&W's four easiest matchups are CF, Ganondorf, Zelda, and Luigi.

And after using G&W some more, I've come to the conclusion that NONE of G&W's matchups are ANY worse than 4/6. What few tricks you can use to bait your opponent can, and WILL eventually mess up your opponent and get you KOs if you play carefully.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi - 65:35
(was 70/30)
I'm only quoting you and posting this to tell you how gay your stupid 9 hammer is >_<

Fun games in pools btw.

Another random dumb fact. If praxis can **** GW with peach I'm sure Luigi can since he essentially has the same problems vs GW, but can kill 100% earlier. I demand a rematch someday Zac :D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm only quoting you and posting this to tell you how gay your stupid 9 hammer is >_<

Fun games in pools btw.

Another random dumb fact. If praxis can **** GW with peach I'm sure Luigi can since he essentially has the same problems vs GW, but can kill 100% earlier. I demand a rematch someday Zac :D
Peach's F-air is more stupid than Luigi's D-air or Tornado, and Turnips are moderately gayer than Fireballs, so that's why Peach does better against G&W than Luigi. Peach in short has better pokes against a campy G&W, while Luigi essentially has none besides Tornado (which is risky since it is outranged by a few of G&W's more disjointed attacks).

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Peach's fair is stupid and her turnips are gay?

Wait, aren't you the G&W that got ***** by Koskinator?

If praxis can **** GW with peach I'm sure Luigi can
No he can't.
Praxis doesn't play Luigi

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Peach's fair is stupid and her turnips are gay?

Wait, aren't you the G&W that got ***** by Koskinator?
Wifi johns. G&W is total suck on wifi. I don't expect you to believe me immediately, but it is true.

And I never said that. I said they were better at being those qualities than what Luigi had.

cutter

Smash Champion
Zac, I know you've said MK is G&W's worst matchup (hell you told me on AIM that it's a "free win" for MK) and I've been getting huge differences in opinion on the matchup. Valdens and I agree it's 40:60, while people like Inui say it's no worse than 45:55.

Also:

ZSS - 55:45
(was 50/50)
I'll get to other matchups later when it isn't like 1:45 in the morning. I possibly wanted to delve a bit into this matchup.

Especially when I saw this post. :dizzy:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Valdens and I agree it's 40:60, while people like Inui say it's no worse than 45:55.
Don't listen to a word Inui says about matchups. He has no idea how to fight G&W, as evidenced by Valdens destroying him at Genesis. MY Metaknight does better against Valdens, and Inui three stocked it in dittos XD

Inui's good at doubles and dittos. He has no idea what he is doing in most character matchups outside of dittos and Marth, hence him getting two stocked by FOW's Ness and losing to t0mmy's ROB (who Valdens' MK has beaten). xD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I really don't know why G&W should have the advantage over Wolf. G&W doesn't have anything that gives him a notable edge and I have yet to see a competent Wolf lose a tournament set to a G&W. Wolf has an answer to everything G&W does and is a lot less predictable.

The only difference is, Wolf's recovery is a lot worse.
Unless you're called Link, Ganondorf, Olimar, Ivysaur or Capt. Falcon you shouldn't get gimped. If you get gimped as Wolf you're doing something wrong.

Also wtf @ Falcos recovery being better than Wolfs o_0

I'd also like to say he's easy to juggle
Even if Wolf messes up his shines he can still get out of any juggle trap with blaster reversal.

:059:

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
well actually, jjwolf, one of the better wolves according to my knowledge has lost a tournament set to me, albeit a while ago, but its still not in wolf's favor, thats for sure.

Ya back air is pesky, but thats really his only asset in the matchup. Boosted smashes, proper shine use, fsmash, and fair etc really should be avoided pretty well through effective zoning.

Recovery is actually gimpable in the same way we gimp falco, grab the ledge at the last possible second to force a stage recovery, and then up air into an upsmash when the fall down. More on this matchup later.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not saying that it's in Wolfs favour (but JJ told me a while ago on Aim that he thinks so) but 6/4 is a huge stretch.

"Boosted smashes, proper shine use, fsmash, and fair etc really should be avoided pretty well through effective zoning."

How do you zone a character, who's faster in the air than yours and can beat your best spacing tools consistently?

I agree on the gimping part though. However, I wouldn't call it "gimping" since you don't actually score low % kills. You just deal lots of damage that way, which is why Wolf doesn't have the advantage imo. I know that a bunch of Wolf players think it's in Wolfs favour ... I think it's even or 55/45 for G&W (since he can CP us pretty easily).

:059:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Also wtf @ Falcos recovery being better than Wolfs o_0
wolfs recovery is incredibly predictable, one of the most predictable in the game. At least with falco, mindgames ---> a side-b is a decently safe recovery. Stage scaring with wolf is easy to predict, and G&W can knock wolf right out of his up-b with a down tilt (favorite way to gimp wolf.)

Falco's recovery, if anything else, just for this match up, is better.

JCav

Smash Lord
ok well i play jkbuk like everyday so heres my 2 cents on wolf vs g&w if thats what your talking about

as far as the numbers go in this matchup, my opinion changes like everyday and i think numbers are a waste of time HOWEVER

g&w does well

-g&w back air game can prove to be very effective, however it is easier than other things to counter

-up tilt juggles very nicely into nair, you can sometimes get up to 70%

-lasers arent useless to bucket, it kills. and it kills early. and its fast. and my projectile, i need to think about a lot more when using. however i will say with buckets immense cooldown, its easy to punish with a DACUS. BUT with wolfs up smash you can SDI up to avoid the 2nd hit, all knockback and only get 6% instead of both hits which would be 18%

-unsweetspotted d smash has a great trajectory and heres why
d throw>d smash suck for you guys, if you hit someone with that they are just really unfamiliar with g&w but thats not important. what is important is, if i get hit by that move, im DIing left or right. not up or down to tech it. so with that being said, if you get wolf recovering from below the stage, forward air>forward air until wolf is dead

-heres a secret i hope you guys know. wolfs f smash- CARZY RNAGE! OMGWTFSON! but if it hits your shield, f smash right back, the move has hella long cool down.

things wolf does well

-well as i mentioned before, lasers can go either way, if you bair a lot, ill run away and laser a lot. but again you can bucket it

-imo, your smashes suck and if i get hit by one i hit your shield with a move when i shouldnt have or air dodged at the wrong time or something. basically, i messed up and you were a good player and punished me for my mistake

-wolfs shine is a really good move that has lotsa versatility. can stop your bair approach, charged smashes like its nothing

-and to further usefulness of shine, dont key from above. its SO predictable. i can just jump> shine>back air/forward air and possibly ko you. key is good and all and lotsa characters cant punish it

-idk how good you guys think bucket breaking is so if you think g&w is really light, good for wolf

-im not sure yet but i need to test i more as to whether or not wolf can punish a g&w SH retreating forward air but that be cool

thats all i got...

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
g&w does well
-g&w back air game can prove to be very effective, however it is easier than other things to counter
a lot of game and watches here still think its G&W's best move (to which I 100% disagree.) Its pretty easy to punish, for any character. Wolf doesn't have anything exceptional like Marth does as far as punishing it goes, but nair is just better.

-up tilt juggles very nicely into nair, you can sometimes get up to 70%
up-tilt is, at best, a mix up. I'd love to say its a good move, but the **** thing has no range. You have to be above game and watch, or inside him, to be hit by it, and that doesn't make for a practical move. if it hits, yes, it does wonders, but its no marth fthrow to dair spike. Its not worth taking damage for in an attempt to get it off.

-lasers arent useless to bucket, it kills. and it kills early. and its fast. and my projectile, i need to think about a lot more when using. however i will say with buckets immense cooldown, its easy to punish with a DACUS. BUT with wolfs up smash you can SDI up to avoid the 2nd hit, all knockback and only get 6% instead of both hits which would be 18%

Took me a few minutes to find it, but Omni says it right.

I laser across stage to bait bucket, and bucket is NEVER safe thats why most Gaw's don't bother using it. And i'm confident that even if he did fill the bucket he wouldn't hit me.
1. Filling bucket is dangerous at percents 60+. We can't bucket brake with it.

2. Buckets very hard to hit with. Its really only practical out of a jab combo, and even jab is a mediocre move. If it didn't hit on frame 2, it'd be 100% worthless.

-unsweetspotted d smash has a great trajectory and heres why
d throw>d smash suck for you guys, if you hit someone with that they are just really unfamiliar with g&w but thats not important. what is important is, if i get hit by that move, im DIing left or right. not up or down to tech it. so with that being said, if you get wolf recovering from below the stage, forward air>forward air until wolf is dead
down throw isn't the same move it used to be. hell, i hardly grab at all anymore.

whiffed fair to sweetspotted fair is an actual combo on anyone heavy, so we do have the off edge advantage in this match up, without a doubt.

-heres a secret i hope you guys know. wolfs f smash- CARZY RNAGE! OMGWTFSON! but if it hits your shield, f smash right back, the move has hella long cool down.
but you have better kills moves then that anyways.

things wolf does well

-well as i mentioned before, lasers can go either way, if you bair a lot, ill run away and laser a lot. but again you can bucket it
what omni said

-imo, your smashes suck and if i get hit by one i hit your shield with a move when i shouldnt have or air dodged at the wrong time or something. basically, i messed up and you were a good player and punished me for my mistake
which goes to show G&W has to rely on a less experienced player, or a mess up, which isn't good.

-wolfs shine is a really good move that has lotsa versatility. can stop your bair approach, charged smashes like its nothing
and u-airs, and nairs. which can make it very hard to juggle you mid air after 40-50.

-and to further usefulness of shine, dont key from above. its SO predictable. i can just jump> shine>back air/forward air and possibly ko you. key is good and all and lotsa characters cant punish it
key isn't a good move to use unless it ends before you hit the ground. I use it waaay too much, as does NoJ. any character can grab G&W from key's cool down if it hits the ground.

-idk how good you guys think bucket breaking is so if you think g&w is really light, good for wolf
a lot of G&W's think its broke as hell. My opinion of it has grown a lot since it was first discovered, but it hasn't done much but keep G&W from falling dramatically on the tier list. It just adds to G&W's spacing game, didn't alter it much in any way.

This match up can't be anywhere more then 55:45 for G&W.

G&W can rack up damage, but has a huge problem killing. Wolf doesn't have a lot of ways to rack up damage, but can kill G&W moderately easy.

G&W can out space wolf, but wolf has a projectile to counter that.

G&W can gimp wolf, so he has the off edge game. But on stage, wolf is twice as fast as G&W. Game and watch has no choice but to throw out bairs and nairs, and to hope you fall into them.

It depends on what you value more. If you think racking up damage is more important, then G&W has the advantage.
If you think killing is more important, then Wolf has it.
But, what I'm coming to realize, that both are equally important, and as such, this match up should be 50:50.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wolf has the advantage on wifi.

Offline, all of G&W's lingering aerials will edgeguard you really hard.

Jab and D-tilt can be used to intercept Wolf's ground game so are other pretty safe options in G&W's repitore. D-tilt is particularly of note due to the trajectory.

F-air overall is G&W's best move in this matchup. It's hard to punish when he has good spacing, and it's a powerful edgeguard technique. It pretty much should get used a lot in this matchup since most of the goal is getting Wolf offstage rather than directly KOing him. Of course D-smash out of shield against that F-smash is quite useful too. U-air is also very valuable in this matchup considering how much F-air gets used, since U-air helps work around stale moves.

And that's all I'm gonna say.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
My big problem with Wolf is

A. Getting baited using my Bucket to either a DACUS or F-Smash

B. Wolf's B-Air

IMO, my favorite moves are N-Air and F-Air in this match-up.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
wario. Certain Warios
(who obviously don't know the matchup)
think G&W is his second hardest matchup. I disagree, as does everyone here I assume, going by the 50:50.

I'm having a hard time with this matchup. Wario's D-Air + crazy air movement breaks everything. Forget spacing, because Wario can outspace anything. It even breaks nair, cept for the first hit when the fish are coming right out of the bowl. He's incredibly hard to kill (actually, I find it easier to kill MK's and Snake) and besides the simple nair juggle 0 --> about 30% there's not much G&W has on Wario, and Wario can do the same right back. He can punish even a well spaced bair with dair. I feel like the only way to win this matchup is through camping, which wario can do even better. Any ideas?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Camp harder. Nair is your friend against Wario. Watch the timer carefully. You should win this matchup unless you get gimped by a smart fart. Use fsmash a lot especially when they airdodge back onto the stage. Also, look for the random grab-release opportunities.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Camp harder. Nair is your friend against Wario. Watch the timer carefully. You should win this matchup unless you get gimped by a smart fart. Use fsmash a lot especially when they airdodge back onto the stage. Also, look for the random grab-release opportunities.
Game and watch can only grab release wario off the ledge right?

What can he even do out of it? I remember trying it on Wario off the ledge, and nothing really coming out fast enough.

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
Warios seem pretty easy to me, I think it's an even matchup. I usually just camp wario and wait till he gets baited into my Nair or Bair. In fact I think it's all about the bait in this. Whenever I face good warios I wait and wait and when they come I get them.

@Wolf - I have a lot of trouble playings wolfs as well. Maybe cause I don't play many of them, but it gets annoying cause I can't get the kill off.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
With Wario, my only defense is Up-B and N-Air, which are effective. Also, the Grab Release Judgement is an idea I never thought, I'll incorporate more in this match-up.

My big problem with (certain) Wario players is his Bike.

The Bike "comboes" well into a N-Air which could lead to...

Bike -> N-Air -> Grab

Bike -> N-Air -> Fart

The N-Air is much like G&W's N-Air, it simply leads into another.

So the Bike is my biggest problem. Other than that, spam Up-B for me.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I used to have a lot of trouble with Wario. His F smash kills and u air can kill you at like 80 and his fart can kill you even earlier. I have recently gotten 10x better at the matchup. If spaced properly wario should NOT be able to hit you. N air and b air out prioritize everything wario has. Proper spacing with these makes it incredibly difficult for wario to have any success. Also GW up air out of shield absolutely wrecks warios Dair. This is what really makes the matchup in GWs favor in my opinion. The matchup s definitely not easy. It takes a lot of patiente and you really do have to play smart.I always end up having a head ache after this matchup because it takes a ton of concentration. Going into auto pilot mode against wario= death

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
Recently i've faced a couple of really good DKs(Diddy Kongs) and I have never really faced any diddy kongs cause vegas has none until recently. What do you do in this matchup, cause like banana control is hard for me it seems like I need to be right on the banana to pick it up and everytime I slip it takes forever to get up...Also would learning GaWs glide toss be useful, I have been practicing it recently.

Also I saw you guys were discussing wolf, but I really didn't get that matchup down, it seems like I have a hard time beating wolfs cause of how fast his moves come out, it seems almost impossible for me to smash him so I have to rely on dair(at 150%) and fair.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Camp against Diddy Kongs. Wait until he has one banana and then go in. GW destroys DK without bananas, but when he has them both under control you will get destroyed. GW has one of the worst trip animations and get up attacks. If you like through this thread Im sure there are much more detailed analysis of this matchup. I know weve talked about diddy before.

Hydruz

Smash Cadet
Dead thread.

And uh..VS Diddy kong You need to just be aware of the bananas. Air camp him and once he starts throwing a banana at you, go in for the good ole bair and retreat. up-b is your friend when he gets a banana back in his hand. Ban FD.

Top Bottom