• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Game and Watch Q&A Thread

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
yet we still play this ***** lol

go game & watch
another thing is G&W is the lightest Character in the game....he has to be .i havnt posted in a while and i feel bad (pls dont give up on me lol)the capture card is fixed now with sound some im posting some G&W matches.my G&W was pretty clutch during this set even though i messed up check it out.this is why we play g&W (he always has surprises)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SitmBcL8G9w (sound didnt sync)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx_qTizzCxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDjbvbF5Uw

....random note...don't attempt to platform cancel bair with G&W animation comes out but no hit box....V_V teh lame

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
.i havnt posted in a while and i feel bad (pls dont give up on me lol)the capture card is fixed now with sound some im posting some G&W matches.my G&W was pretty clutch during this set even though i messed up check it out.this is why we play g&W (he always has surprises)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SitmBcL8G9w (sound didnt sync)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx_qTizzCxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDjbvbF5Uw

....random note...don't attempt to platform cancel bair with G&W animation comes out but no hit box....V_V teh lame
I feel it; besides I'm not Black, only my Game and Watch is. I'm pretty sure your Black so you should have the honor of having/owning the Q&A thread for Game and Watch.
-I don't have an ounce on giving up on you ;)

LOL, I once thought QERB was black; he acts Black. Hmmm...maybe its a mindgame.........

I'll watch your videos very shortly =D !!!!!!!!!

oh yea i was wondering when you press neutral B really fast does that make sausages come out faster?
Yes it does Sir.

And...here are some matches of me too; new matches.

Note: My best friend(Bizzarro Flame) has played my Game and Watch for the past 5 years so he knows me too well...maybe its time for the old man to move on.
-I believe I can still win matches against him, its just that I need to get my 9!!! ability back.

An old ART of PREDICTING: Through self appreciation/knowledge/imagination/some happiness(BRAWL+), maybe I'll get that ability back...when?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2LwPPlMko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FozwpDvw2Og&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP9zWj5IUt8&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWnnGFGr6g&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E5w9QZjH8c&feature=channel

Question: How do I get my 9!!! STREAK back besides my philosophy????????? and besides knowing that I can do the 9 three times a minute; 9,27,59?
---------
Still CLASS OF 2009!!!

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
do play the hammers seriously,what i really mean is be spontaneous ^^ and what did me being black have anything to do with this thread,the only reason this G&W section got a Q&A becuase theres barely any activity(thats what i think)lol.i know lately i haven't had any 9 luck.i feel like its season thing to me.i was looking at ur matches and i noticed you were using neutral b against gannon.was that for spacing reasons? or can you do in other match ups as well?(i know if i did that against spacies id get punished)

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
do play the hammers seriously,what i really mean is be spontaneous ^^ and what did me being black have anything to do with this thread,the only reason this G&W section got a Q&A becuase theres barely any activity(thats what i think)lol.i know lately i haven't had any 9 luck.i feel like its season thing to me.i was looking at ur matches and i noticed you were using neutral b against gannon.was that for spacing reasons? or can you do in other match ups as well?(i know if i did that against spacies id get punished)
I was actually going to make a Q&A after my video but you beat me to it. You were arguing whether you should make one before; I was going to make one before this Q&A thread but then I thought this.

Having a guy who has interest in Game and Watch and is Black is very complementary! =D . I don't think no one else here is black so yeah, your the guy lol.
-I hope you don't find my idea wrong in any way. If you do find it wrong I'm sorry, it was all just a fun idea.
---------

Back on topic:

Yes, I use sausages to space myself. As you can see in the videos I don't space myself from my opponent accordingly to all of the trajectories of the sausages. I also use other moves besides Neutral B to space myself from my opponent and get hits in.

There is a good number of match ups when you can use this method of spacing. The match ups in which your opponent can't use projectiles/ or their projectiles are to slow to use/ you can override their projectiles with a bombardment of sausages.
In other match ups, like spacies, you really don't want to use this method of spacing too much. I do, but only when I know its the right trajectories(for an attempt of getting a grab on them)/or your not versing Falco.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
I was actually going to make a Q&A after my video but you beat me to it. You were arguing whether you should make one before; I was going to make one before this Q&A thread but then I thought this.

Having a guy who has interest in Game and Watch and is Black is very complementary! =D . I don't think no one else here is black so yeah, your the guy lol.
-I hope you don't find my idea wrong in any way. If you do find it wrong I'm sorry, it was all just a fun idea.
---------

Back on topic:

Yes, I use sausages to space myself. As you can see in the videos I don't space myself from my opponent accordingly to all of the trajectories of the sausages. I also use other moves besides Neutral B to space myself from my opponent and get hits in.

There is a good number of match ups when you can use this method of spacing. The match ups in which your opponent can't use projectiles/ or their projectiles are to slow to use/ you can override their projectiles with a bombardment of sausages.
In other match ups, like spacies, you really don't want to use this method of spacing too much. I do, but only when I know its the right trajectories(for an attempt of getting a grab on them)/or your not versing Falco.
oh i see,i was analyzing the spacies match up when i was playing my friends fox and falco and im better off not chasing them and letting them come to me,the approach is bad regardless since G&W is very slow...ill have to post some matches to show you what i mean,my friends(Dondonsf) spacies are very good.like i said though at that moment i keep things clutch.me playing G&W and being black hah thats silly.you totally deserve this thread way more than man...i kinda cheated because Falcon is my real main....

sorry

Steelia

Smash Champion
Colorations !?

All right... I really don't know if this is the time or place to be asking a question like this, but it does serve a purpose. (If I should create my own topic or something on the matter, please feel free to guide me along; subsequent topics I've seen have been locked, so I'm trying here.)

What kind of G&W coloration(s) would you've liked to have seen in Melee? Or rather, what sets of colors do you think would look good on him (blue body, red outline, for example)?

Just... curious. :lick:

...Also, Game's seriously hardcore.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
All right... I really don't know if this is the time or place to be asking a question like this, but it does serve a purpose. (If I should create my own topic or something on the matter, please feel free to guide me along; subsequent topics I've seen have been locked, so I'm trying here.)

What kind of G&W coloration(s) would you've liked to have seen in Melee? Or rather, what sets of colors do you think would look good on him (blue body, red outline, for example)?

Just... curious. :lick:

...Also, Game's seriously hardcore.
white or pink g& would be pretty sweet

On a side note...

I met and played JWT at pound 4 we had some real fun games, especially the g&w dittos. good stuff.

So I made it passed first rounds of pools, then my 2nd round had DJN, Mango, Wife & Blea Gelo in it lol, and i got pretty much ***** in that. All with g&w though!

But I am quite proud to say that I took a game off Zhu, 2 stocked him on YS with g&w against his falco. ****. Then he picked peach and went dream land. lol raaaaape.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Its great news hearing about you 2stocking that Falco player Qerb(Zhu).
-When I fought him before, I didn't beat him, I just managed to bring him to a stock on YS. Excellent job.

I finally got some feedback on how JWT2k6 plays Game and Watch =P ; not that it really matters.
---------
Thats some pool you were in.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Its great news hearing about you 2stocking that Falco player Qerb(Zhu).
-When I fought him before, I didn't beat him, I just managed to bring him to a stock on YS. Excellent job.

I finally got some feedback on how JWT2k6 plays Game and Watch =P ; not that it really matters.
---------
Thats some pool you were in.
are you serious he beat Zhu with 2 stocks?

j00t

Smash Champion
The only thing I can really say about my GnW is that I don't play him like most others do. Most people will tell you that fair and dtilt are his only real moves, but I don't agree or follow this at all.

I play him really fast, and use wavedashes to maintain a speed that can potentially keep up with characters like Fox and Falco. I also think that GnW's jab is one of the best in the game and can lead to dtilt or grabs, which is really good IMO.

but yeah, it was super fun playing w/ QERB at Pound. We should do it again sometime :)

I also played God-is-my-Rock at pound... that was great as well.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Congratz, guys. Your guides and advice just created a new Mr. G&W main. :)
Really? That would be cool. A couple of users here have just recently decided to main him aswell; three.
-Are you sure you don't mean you want to main him in Brawl/Brawl+?

Probably not (atleast from my end)... maybe QERB got stuff recorded.
Yes he did.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
i have my vids of my set vs chu dat and mango, but my zhu set wasnt recorded! but you can ask him or do young or icyu or keblerelf AKA Mr. F, they all witnessed it muahaha lol.

i'll get those vids up asap, gotta get em from icyu first. i had one cool combo on mango. but i got 3 stocked both games lol i think. chu i played iite against i think i got 2 stocked. dj nintendo gave me the bizness as well.

i also went to a really close set with zoap, and blea gelo the venezuela luigi player.
the set against zoap I sd'd on the last stock in game 3 at 0% worst feeling ever lol. but it was first round pools so no biggie.

j00t

Smash Champion
I didn't do anything good during pools.. ugh, I'm so mad at my performance in pools >:(

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
No, in Melee. I really love his playstyle, and he's just really to play, I guess.
I see. Hes low-tier if you don't know, yet we still play him =)
-Hes fun yes; I presume you won't be playing him competitively but its all good.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I see. Hes low-tier if you don't know, yet we still play him =)
-Hes fun yes; I presume you won't be playing him competitively but its all good.
I know he's low-tier, but I don't care. ( lol that rhymed ) He's still teh Koolest.

But no, I'd probably use my Fox or Shiek for tournies, if I ever go to one. :(
You see, I'm in Minnesota - the state with NO tournies.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
hey if we don't play g&w in tourneys he's not gonna get anywhere, don't be afraid to play him.

It's alot easier to play top/high tiers because everyone else figures out strategies / new advanced technique for them, and all we have to do is follow it and be able to apply. it Which is a great thing, don't get me wrong.

But the awesome part of playing g&w right now is that the only references we have to learn new stuff is each other's progress. And I say we've come a long way since Dire's days of glory

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
hey if we don't play g&w in tourneys he's not gonna get anywhere, don't be afraid to play him.

It's alot easier to play top/high tiers because everyone else figures out strategies / new advanced technique for them, and all we have to do is follow it and be able to apply. it Which is a great thing, don't get me wrong.

But the awesome part of playing g&w right now is that the only references we have to learn new stuff is each other's progress. And I say we've come a long way since Dire's days of glory
Ya... That's true. But even if we start winning a bunch of tournies with him, they aren't going to change the tier list. I mean, the final one was put out months ago, right?

QERB

Banned via Warnings
Ya... That's true. But even if we start winning a bunch of tournies with him, they aren't going to change the tier list. I mean, the final one was put out months ago, right?
Eh the tier list doesn't matter. I mean sure, it'd be great to see g&w at least take zelda's spot, but does that really matter?

We're basically just trying to improve gw's metagame and see how far we can get with this 2-D piece of ****

tires don exits.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Eh the tier list doesn't matter. I mean sure, it'd be great to see g&w at least take zelda's spot, but does that really matter?

We're basically just trying to improve gw's metagame and see how far we can get with this 2-D piece of ****

tires don exits.
I'll see what I can do...

I haven't really played him long, but I still think he should be up on the list. He can chaingrab like every char, and I'd say his nair is just great.

Dtilt->Nair all day I mean, I'm obviously not going to spam (too much) dtilt, but it's great against shields.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Anyone have the vid of how exactly to do the G&W dair double jump. Saw a video of it the other day forgot the name cant find it on youtube. But it seems to be an extremely useful AT for G&W but I cant figure out the timing so I want to make sure I am at least doing it right =//

j00t

Smash Champion
QERB played a pretty convicing male role when I met him. Are you sure he's a woman???

I wish there was a Mrs. Game and Watch... <3

Top Bottom