• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W + ZSS is good

K@0S

Smash Ace
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXH-SrZkiQ

Charby (the zss) and I against random noobs (our team is called feel my bucket in tournaments... guess why). It was online (we nearly never play online, but that's why this one is recorded, Charby saved the replay).

I hope we will provide better videos next tourney :laugh:

Some edits :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsZHQ3gXWA&fmt=18
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2KcsYgxbk&fmt=18
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=yZrM09Jhs7c&fmt=18
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=maEKvzJMrLQ&fmt=18

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Absolute **** lol. This might be better than MK/Snake (or at least flashier).

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Yah, my friend mains ZSS and is **** with her, so I lucked out when I started maining GW, its pretty much a match made in heaven.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Tried this vs a team with an MK on it didn't work too well, won but not with much luck from bucket (last kill only). Actually won't anyone with decent speed will keep you from doing this, 2v1 is a different story. But rarely get the time when it's 2v2. Idk, maybe should try it more...

nevershootme

Smash Master
Tried this vs a team with an MK on it didn't work too well, won but not with much luck from bucket (last kill only). Actually won't anyone with decent speed will keep you from doing this, 2v1 is a different story. But rarely get the time when it's 2v2. Idk, maybe should try it more...
well zss is a tough cookie to play in teams since you have extreme reliance of side-b. and when u get separated from your g&w partner, it gets hard to execute the strategy right.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Actually won't anyone with decent speed will keep you from doing this, 2v1 is a different story. But rarely get the time when it's 2v2. Idk, maybe should try it more...
i had to play wes and dire for 2 tournament sets yesterday and i have to say i disagree.

GW can stand behind the hitbox of the dsmash like a shield and ZSS can just spam it. by the time you can go over the dsmash its already to late, your only chance is to already be there on the First dsmash and powershield it and maybe do something out of shield. ZSS's dsmash is ******** on block.

even if you team with a projectile character, breaking them up with a laser (i (MK/Snake) teamed w/ a ROB) is usually not worth it because you just speed the process up.

K@0S

Smash Ace
We got 2nd. We were coming from looser brackets, we won the first set but lost the second one.

Some videos should be up soon, really g&w+zss is too epic \o/

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i find that in theory this works nice, but you really have to be synched with your teammate well to get it to work. And if you aren't abusing this, your team is gunna suck cuz zss is light, gets gimped in teams alot, and has problems killing.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Hylian and Sethlon were working on this too. Sethlon had only like a week playing ZSS but they did pretty good. I just tried getting ZSS up in the air all the time even if it meant me U-airing all match.

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
my partner is zelda/shiek, our tactic is to use 1 dins fire at the start of the match, and take every opportunity available when zelda has the time to fire off the other rounds, works fairly well since it has a large blast radius and stuns the other team long enough so that i might bucket another 1 or 2. once we have the bucket wipe the team he gets shiek out and uses the needles to stun people for G&W to smash. Were still working out the team but it works pretty well. Though Samus can fill that bucket much faster I'll admit.

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
forgot to mention, it has one advantage over the Zss team, dins fire reaches across the stage through enemies.

Adapt

Smash Lord
i find that in theory this works nice, but you really have to be synched with your teammate well to get it to work. And if you aren't abusing this, your team is gunna suck cuz zss is light, gets gimped in teams alot, and has problems killing.
Seriously OBM? Have you seen/played Snakeee in teams? He got 4th in Cat 4 teams iirc.

His ZSS wrecks teams, no matter who is his partner. ZSS doesn't get gimped any more than a dozen other characters and much less than several other and it's not really that hard to kill with her

(plus GaW is lighter)

Snakeee

Smash Master
OBM youre wrong on that. ZSS is actually better in teams than singles and her special footsool with down b is really abusable with 3 other chars on the screen. So she's harder to gimp here than just about the entire cast. Also after looking into easier ways to set up the bucket I beleve this is the best team possible. They are an incredible team even without the bucket.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Snakeee's opinion doesn't need reinforcing, but yeah, ZSS works extremely well in teams. I've been using this team a lot recently (my G&W with Jugs' ZSS) and it has been working incredibly well.

They key is to not rely on bucket kills. If you manage to pull one off, you are almost guaranteed to win the game, but you shouldn't play with just the bucket on the mind. Both teammates should just be aware of what situations to try and charge it, and to do it whenever the opportunity happens to arise.

If you manage to charge the bucket, hitting someone with it is easy. As if downthrow->oil wasn't reliable enough, you can also just wait for ZSS to stun someone and then blast them with it. If on the last stock, ZSS grabbing them is also sufficient.

Top Bottom