• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev XIX - Bring TVs, Power Strips and Cubes!

DJMirror

Smash Master
my work schedule got changed this week soim now getting saturdays off instead of sundays lol

anyone up for a saturday tourney instead?? :D......the satuday after this one?

JUST CHECKIN
That's what you get for working at Walmart YOU STUPID *****!!!!!

Nah just do your thing and I'll see your ***** *** this Thursday with Danimal (If he's going)

LuCKy

Smash Master
oh nice! i guess im going to santa barbra lol sorry though stab. ive had this schedule for the last like 3 months LOL didnt think it would change. ill make it out soon though

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
oh nice! i guess im going to santa barbra lol sorry though stab. ive had this schedule for the last like 3 months LOL didnt think it would change. ill make it out soon though
noooouuuuuuuuoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhoooouuuuuuuuuoooooooooooooUUOUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuoooooo

ahh well. make dat $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
the one person that was the reason why this tournament is on a Sunday isn't going anymore? REAL? LOL

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
it looks like the great

ralph clarke

is going to make it to this

im so jelly of jake for having such an awesome teams partner

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
he's def much better. the only player in 909, jason aside, who is a challenge

anywho after some thinking ima sit this one out. i desperately need to take a week off and i'm not missing santa barbara for the world. really want to play zoo but them's the breaks. hopefully mccain/connor dont show up so i feel a little better about myself

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Maybe this should have a small side event, like crews. LA vs OC.
If we have the time!

Also, to make sure we finish this time, I'm starting doubles on time no matter what. I'll be a little more lax with singles but if you're not here by 1:30 , you're either not entering or you're getting DQed from the winners bracket. Gotta end by 8 this time guys!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
hmm...

i just watched happy feet 3

and i wanna play zoo

i might go and not enter and commentate fah dayz

plus khepri's gonna be there!

and the guaranteed finish-by-8 deadline is enticing as well

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Jeremey: Again, truly sorry about what happened. I know you really wanted to test yourself after the winner's finals set, so we'll play it out with no distractions next time. Thanks for teaming with me too, had a lot of fun.

Quick shoutouts:

Adam - I feel like you / khepri deserved to beat us in teams. I'm not really sure what happened those last few stocks but I felt like I didn't deserve them at all. Looking forward to playing you more, I feel like you're one of players who knows me best (inside / outside the game), really enlightening to play / talk to you.
Matt - Awesome for hosting. I take the food you bring with granted qq
HairyNipples - I see a lot of potential in you. I think I'm pretty good at picking out good players in their early stages and I'm looking forward to seeing you work your way up!
Sung - We need to do another set, that one didn't count.
Bizzaro - Peach, Falco > Ganon imo... sorry your sets went the way they did. Keep playing aggro, will respect your stuff no matter what you place. Thanks for the support too (think that was you? if not, you know who kept cheering for me? i'd like to know), ASIAN POWER.
Dendy - I feel like you gave up prematurely. Looking forward to playing you again.
Baka - Nice improvements, you definitely deserved your wins today.
Eddie - Told ya man, gotta beat Fly to play me ;) Nice playing you in teams, will make sure to play you in singles next.
Bimbo - I got you in teams ;)

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
fun tourny, thanks for hosting matt

shoutouts:

909:

jake: iono why but you get on my nerves. i feel like you have a huge ego. you're getting good but i still **** you. next time we money match i won't give you the money back. also you owe weston dennis $20.
ben: you're improving but i remain convinced that you need to incorporate some lifestyle changes to really take the next level. you're too uptight; you hold too much tension in your body. meditate, do yoga, stop ejaculating, work out regularly -- something! if you really want it as badly as your melodramatic actions indicate, you need to work smarter, not harder. you have the talent, i know that for a fact. i can tell you're practicing a lot. you're your own worst enemy. you have to learn how to let go.
jocelyn: -shrugs- doubt u read this forum
rc: -shrugs- dunno how much you care about this game but if you ever decide you do you'll be top 10 in a month
adam: i'm pretty sure you're outgrowing this game. it's like a race against time: can you get better quickly enough before other interests consume you and you quit?

everyone else:

zhu: 90% of the reason i came here. glad you won. glad i got to play your awesome fox. i kept lollin' at how many times we would waveland in synchronization.
jeremy: i was hoping i'd beat jason yoon in our mm so i could afford to mm you. i feel like i'm ready to topple you but i can't beat sung/et al consistently yet. ugh. i just wanna skip to the final already. "**** the next lesson i'll pass the test guessin'"
sung hyun/matt: you guys scare me with how quickly you're improving. it disappoints me that i never play my best v falcos. believe it or not you guys are the only 2 players in socal i have any anxiety about facing. you guys are by far my biggest competion. no one else exists to me. once i can topple you guys i'm ready to take on the world.
baka: you're always avoiding me dude. you're super awkward. i don't like you or have anything in common with you. i'm gonna **** the **** out of you next time we play.
arian: baka is a *** and i'd rather stay home than ride to UCSB with him. driving 5 hours in one day is gay but i don't mind driving if you don't mind. otherwise maybe i just shouldn't go to sb. i really don't know. if you get housing friday night i won't go, but at the same time don't interpret that as me holding u hostage to only go on saturday. the truth is i'm just not that gung-ho about going to ucsb because of the ancillary opportunity costs. it's really a toss-up. i want to play norcal and do teams friendlies with them as much as possible, and play people i haven't played in years, but my interest for the game is waning too much to make any serious sacrifices to ensure that opportunity.
jason yoon: i really like playing you because i hate losing to you. absolutely loathe it. but you bring out the best in me.
kevin bandel: had the most fun playing you. i don't play you often enough to gauge your skill accurately but you were pretty good today. i feel a lot more confident v marths after playing you.
hugo cortez: wanted to mm you but otherwise didn't feel like playing a samus because i didn't feel like going sheik.
bimbo: wanted to play you but you play falco so i didn't miss out on much
eddy mexico: need to play you more, you're fun to play. woulda money matched you if i beat bizzarro
j666: so much for sheik being the only character i'm capable of beating you with, eh? other than that you're better than i thought. hopefully i humbled you but if i didn't i'll mm you with my fox every day for the rest of my life.
julio/khepri: you are a blast to play and along with kevin i had the most fun playing you. i think you're a lot smarter than jake. i will team with you any time; that was the most fun i've had playing in teams since i came back. so refreshing to team with a peer. that's when teams is the most fun, not when you're teaming with someone worse or better than you. it's too bad you played like **** in tourny. i don't know why i didn't talk to you away from smash because neuroscience is one of my favorite subjects to discuss.
dendy/gsub: i have learned to enjoy playing jigglypuff quite a bit and i wanted to play you guys
a rookie/connor/commonyoshi/mack daddy/wes/oscar/s2j: you were missed

sorry i didn't enter singles guys, i just didn't feel like it. i know what i need to work on and i'm working on it every day. didn't feel like singles was going to do anything for me. if i wanted to play you i did.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
1. zhu
2. fly
3. eddy
4. baka
5. bizz
5. sung
7. stab
7. bimbo
9. kevin
9. dendy
9. hairynipples?
9. uhhhhhhhhh idk

That's all I can do from memory

GGs everyone, thank you for coming, I will do shoutouts later and vids will be up eventually

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ggs to everyone i had a good time, full shoutouts later im pretty tired

adam im sorry u feel that way but im not avoiding u, at least not intentionally, and i think ur overanalyzing things too much. that one time u talked to me b4 u left i actually was holding up the bracket and needed to get stuff done (pretty pressed for time). i think ur actually pretty cool in person and wouldnt mind playing u more.

bizzaro u **** thanks for teaming glad u enjoyed urself

matt u have the bracket? thanks for hosting btw

crimson for the ride, ur a nice guy

also thanks zhu, and congrats on winning.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Good tourney, minus the time issues.

Shout-outs:

Zhu- Very good as always. Nice teaming with you.
Baka- Seems like you've been playing better lately. Cheers for progress.
Bizzarro- GGs in teams and sorry we never played in singles.
Eddy- GGs. Our sets are weird.
Matt- Hi.
Kevin- Thanks for securing a venue, even if you can't get the room very long.
Adam & Khepri- You were scary in doubles.
TCB- You're doing a few things better against ICs. Good work.
Bimbo- You wrecked my secondaries; you're good at punishing bad habits.
Sung & Dendy- I think we played in doubles. If so, GGs; if not, nice seeing you guys.
Hairy Nipples- I never see you play, but hear good things about you. On one hand, you seem like a nice guy, and from what I can gather, you're doing well. I don't actually know if this is or will cause problems for you, but I might as well say it in any case: make sure not to let the good things people say about you get to your head; you've still got a lot of work to do and it's important not to get complacent.
Ben- I think we only played once, and all I remember is that your tech skill seemed off; I'm not sure if this was just an isolated incident or is something you generally need to work.
Hugo- I haven't seen you in a while. We didn't talk, but it's cool to see you still playing.
Cameron- Hi again. Your commentary is strange, but amusing.
Others- Hi/gg/*insert whatever is appropriate*

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Hairy Nipples- I never see you play, but hear good things about you. On one hand, you seem like a nice guy, and from what I can gather, you're doing well. I don't actually know if this is or will cause problems for you, but I might as well say it in any case: make sure not to let the good things people say about you get to your head; you've still got a lot of work to do and it's important not to get complacent.
I meant to write something along those lines in my post but it got erased, but quoted for emphasis =)

Top Bottom