• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev XIX - Bring TVs, Power Strips and Cubes!

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
fun tourny, thanks for hosting matt

shoutouts:

909:

jake: iono why but you get on my nerves. i feel like you have a huge ego. you're getting good but i still **** you. next time we money match i won't give you the money back. also you owe weston dennis $20.
everyone else:

you know u can be the worlds biggest a**hole bro ??? i know u know but u honestly dont care how your words effect other people. im pretty sure you can ask ANYONE else in the smash community if i have an ego. . .I always give shoutouts to people who beat me and have no problem losing. many people teach me how to play better and im always down to learn and be taught. its just hard taking advice from yoou cuz u wanna act like a know it all when you dont do very well yourself. Your teaching method is not very effective TBH. YOu wanna sit there and talk **** and call people scrubs and just **** on people all day it gets old man. But then again your just a lil troll trolling for attention as always. I feel sad responding to this but i just had to cuz im a sucker for trolls. and as far as telling me who i owe money to thats none of ur businessssss. YOur not Socals banker. YOUR SOCALS BIGGEST HIPOCRIT FOol. You **** on people in commentary but do the same mistakes they do. ITs funny. I go to do commentary with you thinking hey this would be fun and you pretty much say dont be a noob and say sumthing stupid. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU MAN. . . ? wat makes you so special that you can **** on nice people in the socal smash scene ? ? just please explain to me. I know immma get a mouthful of your zen master stuff that ur just on a higher intelect then me and once again tbh i dont care anymore anything that comes from your mouth bro. Im done sorry for the page guys.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shots fired, but in all seriousness. Adam does have a knack for coaching, which is why I do listen to his commentary because it is actual factual information that is relevant. Whether or not you like him, the advice he gives in commentary is still true, can't fall into ad-hominem attacks. Regardless of what he says, Adam puts you in high regard. He's blunter than most, and I actually like him for it

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
Good tourney, minus the time issues.

Shout-outs:

Hairy Nipples- I never see you play, but hear good things about you. On one hand, you seem like a nice guy, and from what I can gather, you're doing well. I don't actually know if this is or will cause problems for you, but I might as well say it in any case: make sure not to let the good things people say about you get to your head; you've still got a lot of work to do and it's important not to get complacent.
Others- Hi/gg/*insert whatever is appropriate*
I do understand what you mean. I didnt really think that much bout it till you posted this but ya when my fav smashers give me compliments it does get to my head. i need to chill out and just keep improving. I really enjoy playing with everyone and hope im enjoyable to play with as well.

perfectedidiot2

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tourney guys! Had fun.

I need to bother people to bring magic cards next time. I'm an addict.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
additional/extended shoutous:

bizz: jason u r so good and hopefully this tournament got that fire back in you again. you should def play more during the summer b4 u go to law school. thanks again for cheering for me and teaming, it was really really fun
crimson: arian one of favorite ppl in the community, you help out alot. fun times conversing at taco bell
matt: ggs stab, id like to see u and sung play in tourney i think its been a while. thanks again for hosting, u did pretty well finishing on time
adam: i stand by what i said a few posts back, but i guess to add im just not really the kind of guy that actively approaches people. i did greet you though. its hard for me to approach u though if u keep making assumptions/verbally attacking me tbh
jake: hairy nips dude its really great to see u more active. flys advice is especially important, so keep an ear for it. thanks for cheering for me and i hope to see u at more events. u and rc should come down again sometime, it was really fun
rc: yo u did pretty well especially for ur first tournament. ur a really cool guy, hope u and jake can visit again
dan: u prob wont read this but i hope u had a good time lol
dendy: u prob wont read this either but nice job beating khepri dude, ur definitely improving
sung: didnt get to play u but nice job making it far in bracket, kudos to beating bimbo
hyprid: ggs kevin in singles and doubles. i was pretty surprised tho, u especially got noticeably better in doubles since the last time. thanks for securing the venue!
eddie: yo eddy haha ggs dude u got beat me twice =/. our matches were closer than last time but i still have some learning to do. watch out next time man, nice to see u since wgf tho
bimbo: dude nice job beating hyprid, and u and eddy are sick in teams.
fist: nice seeing u again edgar, didnt talk much but its always a pleasure
jesson: back4hoes it was great to talk to u again. links a tough character to use, but i give u respect for sticking with him. its totally possible though, just look at ppl like eddy and axe etc.
hugq: hugo dude u look so good! hahaha. it was nice seeing u again after all that time, ur samus has still got it bro. we def gotta play sometime its been too long
khepri: it was nice seeing you again. didnt get any games in though. hope to see you at more smashfests/tournies
cameron: yo apparently u commentated lol good stuff, cant wait to hear it
fly: thanks for the compliment, it means alot. cheers! like you said, ill be keeping a level head though, ive got quite a ways to go yet.
zhu: same as fly, im glad it doesnt go unnoticed, so thanks. i wanted to get destroyed by u in ur last socal tournament tho, guess itll have to wait. nice job on 1st again.

if i forgot anyone i apologize =/ i think i got everyone

looking forward to the full results, its always fun to see who played who! thanks again for hosting, and ggs to everyone i played, it was a lot of fun.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
im pretty sure you can ask ANYONE else in the smash community if i have an ego.
if it doesn't apply let it fly by. money match me $20

jake you're the kinda guy who dishes it out but can't take it. your brother has you pegged to a tee, dude.

baka: thanks for making it a lot harder to dislike you

Jeremey: Again, truly sorry about what happened.
what happened?

oh yeah, matt, i think it's unfair that teams is 2/3 but singles is 3/5. both cost the same to enter. i think it's dumb to give singles extra matches (pools or 3/5) without giving teams the same. if you're gonna do that teams should cost less to enter.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Stab for being a great host again. <3 (sorry for cheering for baka a lot, really wanted him to face me in the bracket)

Zhu: Yeah, I was cheering for you against Fly most of the time. I just want you to overcome Fly's ICs because I know you try so hard to get the match-up down ever since my first tournament in Connor's garage (2009 Summer). Congrats to you for winning.
Fly: So sorry for rooting against you. I just wanted to see Zhu overcome his hurdle (you). Something tells me that you guys will be neck-to-neck from now on.
Baka: Great job in teams man. You play a great Peach support. Also, I am glad that you beat me. I feel pretty salty but I love this game even more now. I just wish you had gotten up to 2nd. You're amazing.
Dendy: Didn't really get to play against you, but thanks much for the hype in my matches.
Eddy: I wanted to play you in brackets, oh wells. Nice to see you there as always.
Adam: You're getting better and better, especially in the Ganondorf match-up. There's just one major quality that you lack compared to the top players that have inhibited you ever since 2006/2007 (or before, i can't remember when you used to bag on noobs a lot). I can't put it in words, but I hope that you will **** soon after you figure it out.
Crimson Blur: Thanks much for the ride and for being such a cool guy. You're definitely an integral part of this community.
Hyprid: I can tell that you were far from playing your best. Get'em next time!
Sung: I'm afraid of you man. Can you just wipe out the ganon match-up in your head before playing me in a future tournament? Thanks in advance man.
Bimbooo: I loved our close set. I can't believe that I brought it back and won 3 games in a row. Now I believe the phrase: "I may be down, but not out."
hairynipples: thanks dude for cheering for me and baka. sorry that i had to cheer against you when you played baka though. <3 your hairy nipples though!
HugQ: **** **** **** Samus
Ben: It was awesome seeing you here!
Others: Sorry if I forgot you =(

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
@Adam-I know you are better than me doesn't matter actually inspires me to want to get better or try to at least. I just don't like the rude comments you make towards me or my gf we both try to be chill with everyone and I don't think either of us deserve it. Btw I'd still be down to mm your fox again

Also fun tournament

:phone:

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
what happened?

oh yeah, matt, i think it's unfair that teams is 2/3 but singles is 3/5. both cost the same to enter. i think it's dumb to give singles extra matches (pools or 3/5) without giving teams the same. if you're gonna do that teams should cost less to enter.
Huh, never really thought of it like that. I don't really pay much attention to teams since a lot of people don't, but that's probably a good idea. I'll definitely do that if I end up hosting another tournament.

Also, what happened was Fly won Set 1 of GF by 8:10, and the office really wanted us out in ~10 minutes so Zhu/Fly played a best of 3 even though they didn't really want to. I can definitely chock up finishing late to
1. Not starting singles at 3, when it would have been really easy to.
2. Certain people waiting for the recording setup to play their matches. The bracket got held up in certain places because of it. I should have kept it in check better but if I ever host another tournament I'm gonna make sure that there is no waiting for sets to be recorded unless it's WF/LF/GF, or unless I approve of it beforehand.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
@Adam-I know you are better than me doesn't matter actually inspires me to want to get better or try to at least. I just don't like the rude comments you make towards me or my gf we both try to be chill with everyone and I don't think either of us deserve it. Btw I'd still be down to mm your fox again
i dont have anything personal vs you or your gf (or anyone for that matter; dont flatter yourself dah foo, i got bigger things on my plate) so i apologize for offending you guys in any past/present/(future? ;) ) scenario.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
what happened?
Our grand finals set was kinda ended early (last set was just best of 3) because people wanted the venue and I had to go.

Shoutouts to Stab for being a great host again. <3 (sorry for cheering for baka a lot, really wanted him to face me in the bracket)

Zhu: Yeah, I was cheering for you against Fly most of the time. I just want you to overcome Fly's ICs because I know you try so hard to get the match-up down ever since my first tournament in Connor's garage (2009 Summer). Congrats to you for winning.
You kept saying something like... "capitalize" or something? Cracked up every time.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
yeah i did say that. i love saying that when i sense a potential combo coming up.

i also said "take advantage," referring to the fact that since fly messed up in his chaingrab or spacing, you should be grateful that you are alive when you should've been dead. then you take advantage and punish him.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
yeah i did say that. i love saying that when i sense a potential combo coming up.

i also said "take advantage," referring to the fact that since fly messed up in his chaingrab or spacing, you should be grateful that you are alive when you should've been dead. then you take advantage and punish him.
Ahhhhhhh take advantage, I think that's what it was. Nice!

And yeah it definitely helped. Helped me repress all the negative emotions I've had playing against Ice Climbers over the years LOOL

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Hyprid/Stab - Nice hosting and getting the venue, ESP making matches 3/5 we really should start tournaments a little earlier and also not wait for people I specifically tried to come pretty early and I'm planning on doing this everytime

Zhu - Ggs you just outplayed me really hard hope to see you in more tournaments
Fly_Amanita - Hopefully I can use what I learned from Zhu to beat you, too good Fly winning it (almost) all in singles and doubs with Zhu
Eddy - I think I can take it super close next time ggs your survival DI is awesome
Baka - Didn't play but if we did...ya know, incredibly surprised you beat Bizz with the quickness
Bizz - How could you let that happen, I thought it was going to be really close no johns about being rusty LOL I unfortunately did not watch but according to what Dendy told me you were getting really frustrated and I think you should have just took a breather before the last match and think about what happened. I feel like this is what you did when Bimbo was up 2-0 against you and then yall waited like 5 minutes for Stab to set up his recording setup.
Stab - How could you let that happen, I thought it was going to be really close. MMing me =/= beating Baka
Bimbooooooooooooo - If I didn't play friendlies with you earlier I would have lost probably
Hyprid - I probably would have lost to you if we played in tournament
HairyNipples - Nice Marth lets see how you fare when we play in tourney
RC - I was scared of playing you but when we played I could tell you were getting really nervous, tournament jitters is something everyone has to get over
Khepri - Man you read my rolls so well, I'll try a lot harder to mix it up next time. Also Adam is definitely right about doing wavedashes out of shield, just having another option helps out a lot. I was wondering if you were going to do one of your edgeguard then SD sequence (that you always do in friendlies) and you did do that like once...or twice haha
Likewise - I'll do my best to beat you. You say you'll be able to topple the world after beating me and stab? That's a pretty huge jump.
HugQ - Beautiful thing seeing a Samus back in tournament. Also didn't you use Varia? I'm pretty sure you did, in which case good stuff. Definitely got really nervous though, and don't follow my way of salty CPs they are almost always a bad idea :(
J666 - Didn't watch your matches but you'll do work next time
Scott Pilgrim - Sorry about that match on the weird colored setup but you can't really blame it on that since we did agree to play on it first
Dan - Nice entering for singles and doubles major props hope you improve more, shouldn't be hard if you're playing with Baka
Crimson Blur - Sorry for putting the caltech peeps on your shoulders the night before (Manatee you flake!) but we needed 2 carpools since I was taking Dendy Jess and Hugo (and Wes too but...). ANYWAY, we need to get a recording setup I think that's how we can improve the fastest right now. And you need to not get annihilated by randoms hahaHAHAHAHA
GSUB - I don't like green samus, I think it's her ugliest color by far. Your puff is really different from Dendy...and Manatee, the 3 puffs are all super different.

GGs to everyone else I played this game is just too godlike

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
if it doesn't apply let it fly by. money match me $20

jake you're the kinda guy who dishes it out but can't take it. your brother has you pegged to a tee, dude.

I never viewed myself as one to DISH out rude comments to others and put them down so idk how that applies as dishing out but unable to take it :(. . . I honestly have no reason to MM you. I still dont understand the shiek MU enough to jump into a MM. Plus I have no problem you thinking you **** me all the time :) if you wanna view me like that thats totallly fine by me. MM in general im over with. With stab as the exception cuz hes just funny to MM with :D. I just have recently been losing a lot of respect for you by how you treat people. Its just tiring at times.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Zhu how do u play vs ic's? what are key things that u look for in the matchup? do you shield pressure at all?
ics is weird because they're the only matchup where i can't find any particular punishable thing. in general, be aggressive, laser as much as you can to prevent ic's getting ground control, don't try too hard to force openings, anticipate popo punishing your attacks on nana (this is key), always go for the nana kill if you can, stay grounded, learn to di jab -> grab... etc

read this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322025

pretty good guide for the most part. talk to me on fb, i want to know what you think of the matchup too because i'm still learning.

also definitely shield pressure when you can. space so you're outside grab range obviously. look to connect dair -> dtilt / shine / utilt if you can, but let them go immediately if you think you're in risk of getting grabbed (happens a lot cause of multihitstun stuff)

Lovage

Smash Hero
hairy nipples learn how to quote properly and use paragraphs to make your posts easier to read please

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
hairy nipples learn how to quote properly and use paragraphs to make your posts easier to read please
i couldnt figure out how im quoting wrong :( i hope this time it works. Im new to threads TBH

okie dokie, that makes things easy. don't call me, i won't call you, and i'll pretend like you don't exist. glhf

what's beef?
YOur going to QQ out thats interesting. Instead of apologizing with how you treat people you decide its just easier to dump ur friends. :) well i enjoyed playing with you. Wish you figure out treating people the way you would like to be treated isnt overrated. O wells peace

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
YOur going to QQ out thats interesting. Instead of apologizing with how you treat people you decide its just easier to dump ur friends. :) well i enjoyed playing with you. Wish you figure out treating people the way you would like to be treated isnt overrated. O wells peace
Adam's just one of those people who's sucky online, but mad cool irl. Just don't take anything he says online seriously.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
dang zoo you're so articulate. gonna be sad to see u go.

jake if ur looking for a real response here you go

"Drop it, Peter. We've done so well without remembering."
"That's because you're kind. Wait, don't frown. Let me talk. I've got to talk about something. I know, this is what you didn't want to mention. God, I didn't want you to mention it! I had to steel myself against it, that night--against all the things you could throw at me. But you didn't. If it were reversed now and this were my home--can you imagine what I'd do or say? You're not conceited enough."
"Why, no. I'm too conceited. If you want to call it that. I don't make comparisons. I never think of myself in relation to anyone else. I just refuse to measure myself as part of anything. I'm an utter egotist."
"Yes. You are. But egotists are not kind. And you are. You're the most egotistical and the kindest man I know. And that doesn't make sense."
"Maybe the concepts don't make sense. Maybe they don't mean what people have been taught to think they mean. But let's drop that now. If you've got to talk of something, let's talk of what we're going to do." He leaned out to look through the open window. It will stand down there. That dark stretch--that's the site of Cortlandt. When it's done, I'll be able to see it from my window. Then it will be part of the city. Peter, have I ever told you how much I love this city?"
Keating swallowed the rest of the liquid in his glass.
"I think I'd rather go now, Howard. I'm . . . no good tonight."
"I'll call you in a few days. We;d better meet here. Don't come to my office. You don't want to be seen there--somebody might guess. By the way, later, when my sketches are done, you'll have to copy them yourself, in your own manner. Some people would recognize my way of drawing."
"Yes. . . . All right. . . . ."
Keating rose and stood looking uncertainly at his briefcase for a moment, then picked it up. He mumbled some vague words of parting, he took his hat ,he walked to the door, then stopped and looked down at his briefcase.
"Howard . . . I brought something I wanted to show you."
He walked back into the room and put the briefcase on the table.
"I haven't shown it to anyone." His fingers fumbled, opening the straps. "Not to Mother or Ellsworth Toohey . . . I just wanted you to tell me if there's any . . ."
He handed to Roark six of his canvases.
Roark looked at htem, one after another. He took a longer time than he needed. When he could trust himself to lift his eyes, he shook his head in silent answer to the word Keating had not pronounced.
"It's too late, Peter," he said gently.
Keating nodded. "Guess I . . . knew that."
When Keating was gone, Roark leaned against the door, closing his eyes. He was sick with pity.
He had never felt this before--not when Henry Cameron collapsed in the office at his feet, not when he saw Steven Mallory sobbing on a bed before him. Those moments had been clean. But this was pity--this complete awareness of a man without worth or hope, this sense of finality, of the not to be redeemed. There was shame in this feeling--his own shame that he should have to pronounce such judgment upon a man, that he should know an emotion which contained no shred of respect.
This is pity, he thought, and then he lifted his head in wonder. He thought that there must be something terribly wrong with a world in which this monstrous feeling is called a virtue.
The Fountainhead *****.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Why is it that some tourneys have S2J/Lovage/Westballz and other tourneys have Zhu/Fly/Eddy but almost never both... I want to see a comprehensive SoCal turnout one of these days

Actually, I just want the S2J vs Zhu showdown I've been waiting for since forever.

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
Adam's just one of those people who's sucky online, but mad cool irl. Just don't take anything he says online seriously.
i was actually refering more to his interaction through the day with me and several other people at the tourney :D. THe online **** was just the icing on the cake.

D

Deleted member

thought zhu would only stay for doubles

don't wholly regret what i ended up doing on sunday though!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Why is it that some tourneys have S2J/Lovage/Westballz and other tourneys have Zhu/Fly/Eddy but almost never both... I want to see a comprehensive SoCal turnout one of these days

Actually, I just want the S2J vs Zhu showdown I've been waiting for since forever.
Almost everything that happens in SoCal nowadays can be categorized as a local, so you don't see many big events with all of our heavy hitters and others nowadays.

Lovage

Smash Hero
stab u deactivated your facebook so this is the way im choosing to contact you:

i saw on my youtube feed that you favorited a lovage song, thats good **** i have grown to love my namesake.

baka4moé

Smash Champion

to add what fly said lately tournaments are either near LA or in irvine, about an hour's drive apart. s2j/lovage/wes are closer to the LA area, while Zhu/Macd/Connor are in Irvine and Eddy in Mexico. Fly is really the only one of our top players from Irvine that goes to the near LA tournies lately.

So yeah location and traveling and stuff. I too would like to see s2j vs zhu, hopefully itll happen eventually..

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
stab u deactivated your facebook so this is the way im choosing to contact you:

i saw on my youtube feed that you favorited a lovage song, thats good **** i have grown to love my namesake.
Yeah, I was interested about what kind of band a 15 year old oscar would name himself after and it turned out they were actually really good.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
btw matt u should delete, not deactivate ur fb, if you're a real man, cuz if u don't i bet you come back

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
me

sleep is the most important thing in the world

by the way jason if you wanna get healthy

let me tell you my new secret

don't ejaculate

it might be the second-most important thing in the world. heck, it might be the most important thing in the world.

within 2 weeks your creativity, energy, boldness, and overall i-don't-give-a-****-because-i-feel-good meter skyrockets

it's interesting because ancient religions have been saying since the beginning of time not to ejaculate, particularly eastern religions. it's your chi. they are totally right. i bet that's why monks are obstinately celibate.

just goes to show you everything american culture preaches is the exact opposite of what you should really be doing if you want peace and health

Top Bottom