• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

If you hold down and shield upon impact from being shined in the air you can grab as soon as you land. That's why you can't nair-shinedash-grab marth as Fox, Marth will instantly grab.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
when waveshining for some odd reason 50% of the time i shorthop instead of wavedashing is it because im going to slow or too fast???? i am practicing alot so its not like im not putting effort in this :)

chize

Smash Apprentice
is drill>uptilt legit? i like to use it sometimes and it seems to work. are there situations where it might be better to do this instead of a shine or grab?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah, sorry about the lack of reading, i skim posts a lot, didn't read the other one...started at raynex's quote.

oh, i've gotten a lot better at fox in the last 2-3 weeks because i watched raynex's combo vid and decided i needed more tech skill. now i double shine marth off into gimps more and have been practicing invuln wavelands constantly as well as started incorporating nair to uptilt into my fox vs floaty matches since he mentioned it. so thanks rayne...also, arcnatural mentioned that marth's pivot grab is amazing for defense, and i think that is the single most important tech skill i've learned in the last year, so i recommend you all learn to use it to punish people chasing you. it's not like fox/falco can outrange marth's grab.

on a side note, i've been playing around with uptilt in other matchups; does anyone find nair/dair to reverse uptilt useful? i've been wondering whether it is worth the risk of getting grabbed after the uptilt if they wait in shield..i just thought it was a cool trick to use

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Magical Trip Back In Time

alright Fox Boards. I'm About To Reveal An Amazing Secret That Will Change The Way We Play Fox Forever.
is It Press Down And B At The Same Time?
hand Implants?

You're Such A Dirty Cheat Bernie.
shine Combos Into Shine? And You Have Infinite Jumps? So If You're Fast You Can Keep Jcing Shines Until They Die Off The Top?
no, No.

Think...

Gayer.
>_>

Falco?!

Smooth Criminal
lol, I Know The Secret.
lol. Hand Implants. Could Use That Extra Finger On The Controls. New Camping Tactic?
short Hop Triple Lasers?

Just Tell Us
pivoted Shines

No Wait, Even Better

Edgeguarding With Offstage Shinefairs =d
tell Your Opponent That You Have A Really Cool New Fox Trick, But It's A Secret So You Can't Say What It Is. They'll Get Distracted And Die.
maybe Raynex Is Out Of Ideas And Wanted To See If Any Would Spring Up From His Post ;] ;]
sw Knows The Secret!
i Think It's Non Existent. Lol
Or He Rediscovered How To Dash Attack Cancel Grab.
Haha

Lmao @ Cliff Hanger
Too Good Raynex
lol.

Half Of Me Wanted To Reveal This Awesome Secret. The Other Half Of Me Wanted To See How Much Drama/activity I Could Create Over The Weekend.

The Secret Is:

Go To 0:39 In The Following Link. The Guys There Will Tell You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdhsbrpzh4a

Alternatively: Pick Sheik Lulz.
"i Find [this Video] Deeply Disturbing."
god ****it. Taht Suptid Vid Bernard.

I Still Get Nightmares.
this Is Gonna Be Some Tales From The Crypt **** So Bear With Me

:39 In That Video Says
We're Gonna Go Up
And Go Down

Get Back Up And
Turn Around

And You Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist

So I'm Thinking
Go Up Is Jump
Then Go Down Is Fast Fall

Stay With Me Here This Gets Creepy

Go Back Up Means That You Can Do This Technicque Over And Over
You "point Your Fingers," Means Your Pointer Finger
What Button Is It On
It's On The L Button

Then You Do The Twist
Fox's Down Air Is A Twist Sure Nuff
And When You Do His Twist And Point Your Fingers It's Faster Than Usual When It Hits The Ground!!!

Could This Powerful Technique Be A
Short Hopped
Fast-fallen
Finger Pointed
Down Air???!

.....you Be The Judge
k Get Out.

Now.
^ He Should Quit Life Amirite?
quitting Life Is Fun :)

Ive Done It Several Times
its Easy, Just Press The Reset Button.

Reptard

Smash Cadet
Ok, I know this question has probably been asked before, but do you guys have any advice for fighting a Falcon? Every time I try something, he either nairs me, stomps me, or knees me. Then, I'll try to shinespike him, but he hits he with his up-b. How can I improve against him?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Ok, I know this question has probably been asked before, but do you guys have any advice for fighting a Falcon? Every time I try something, he either nairs me, stomps me, or knees me. Then, I'll try to shinespike him, but he hits he with his up-b. How can I improve against him?
Ahh man! We'll be discussing him in the match up thread like in 3 or 4 weeks. ^^;

If I give you advice on this thread I'd feel I'm killing the purpose of that thread.

What I would do is simply watch matches on youtube like PC Chris [Fox] V.S. Cort OR Mew2King [Falcon]. That's how I learned the match up. But if you really need advice now PM if you wish and I will tell you everything you need. XD

metashinryu

Smash Ace
ok im working on my fox and i need some advice on how to start and i got some questions:

1)what stuff i need to practice first,gimme the most useful/basic to learn with him

2)is waveshine vital or completely necesary for a fox to learn? cuz i can only do like 4 or 5 consecutive hit(in link) on training mode,and its hard as hell -_-

3)i need some ideas on edgeguarding,cuz most of my kills are vertical,almost all ending on drillshine upsmash, and i cant land a friggin shinespike on most people unless i edgehog or something,in which situations(or in which chars)does this works effectively?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
1. Learn how to l cancel into shine. after that, it's all about just knowing how to play the character and utilize him to his fullest. there aren't really that many character specific techniques that you NEED.

2. you are refering to the waveshine infinite and no it's probably not your best option ever. waveshine into grab, waveshine into upsmash, waveshine into jab...many more practical options, but waveshine infinites are fun on people if you can pull them off.

3. edgeguarding is situational, grab ledge, ledgedrop shine, ledgedrop bair, ledgedrop nair. on stage you can fsmash, shine (at the very edge and facing twoards the stage), dmash or even upsmash if they miss sweetspots.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
1. Learn how to l cancel into shine. after that, it's all about just knowing how to play the character and utilize him to his fullest. there aren't really that many character specific techniques that you NEED.

2. you are refering to the waveshine infinite and no it's probably not your best option ever. waveshine into grab, waveshine into upsmash, waveshine into jab...many more practical options, but waveshine infinites are fun on people if you can pull them off.

3. edgeguarding is situational, grab ledge, ledgedrop shine, ledgedrop bair, ledgedrop nair. on stage you can fsmash, shine (at the very edge and facing twoards the stage), dmash or even upsmash if they miss sweetspots.
1)done,all aerials except uair,or fair sometimes

2)yeah i meant waveshining across stage,i already used grab and jab from a single waveshine

3)ok i will practice shinespiking people and bairing off the ledge or something

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
1. you dont need it with uair, and..practice fair i guess in case you **** up a nair?

3. ledge drop uair is funny. i do that to amuse myself.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Like i said you dont NEED it...like you dont need shine bairs or shine uairs and shine nair shield pressure and double shines

but it makes it more fun and they all have their uses.

You can shine them towards a wall then shine them again when theyre near the wall to make them stand up at low percents then short hop uair from that shine to bypass their invincibility and almost instantly pull them off the ground etc just sayin

Lovage

Smash Hero
otto what do you know about the way people get out of thunders combo
i know there seems to be a lot of factors involving smash DI and buffering rolls but i want to know if you can consistently get a different response besides stand up from a jab reset. i think you mentioned Ka master was really good at getting out of thunders

He would smash Di the jab upward and never be forced to stand or roll at any percent.
I don't even go for thunders anymore.
What I do is late aerial(usually dair)>shine>dair. If they crouch cancel your shine you can react and move towards them with your dair. If they shield you can fade the dair back which usually make them grab. If they don't grab just fade the dair back our of grab range and jab before they can leave the ground and hit you with an aerial, then grab or something assuming they didn't smash DI up. If you know you can get them before they leave the ground dtilt also works into uair or gradual nair depending on platform scheme.
If the shine hit and you dair, you still have enough time to tech chase usually.
In most cases they DI your shine too far away from you for you to jab them anyways(mainly in Fox dittos) so I find this more useful seeing as how it covers more options and keeps you safe.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
RaynEX. I know you won't recieve this message if I send it to you via phone or msn or aim or any other sort of communication device (actually that's a lie, you've been pretty good about that stuff lately but shut up don't correct me). But anyways, come over to my house and play smash with me plz.

I miss losing to you. Your combos make me so happy. Please come over sometime, okay?

Reptard

Smash Cadet
Haha those combo videos did work! Now I can waveshine people all day and night =D

I'm looking forward to Genesis, Silent Wolf I challenge you to a friendly there, even though I'll probably lose =/ I still want to fight!

Incronaut

Smash Ace
do your fingers ever hurt from playing fox too long?

and who has a better nair between fox and falco?

I like Falco's more but that's mainly because of how he's in the air longer when short hopping.
G.O.? Don't think so. The next two tournaments I'm going to are TourneyPlay and probably Genesis.

Meneks

Smash Lord
I like Falco's more but that's mainly because of how he's in the air longer when short hopping.
G.O.? Don't think so. The next two tournaments I'm going to are TourneyPlay and probably Genesis.
When exactly is tourney play?
I can't wait to see those videos when they are uploaded

PK Webb

Smash Champion
quick question when i try to dash and shine sometimes fox just crouches or keeps running y is that am i trying to do it to fast????

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
quick question when i try to dash and shine sometimes fox just crouches or keeps running y is that am i trying to do it to fast????
Both mistakes sound like a result of control stick. Anyway, just pay close attention to what you're doing.. I dunno how to explain, basically know all the possible outcomes of what you are doing then narrow them down.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
So in order to shine out of shield and remain on the ground do you just jump then shine exactly 1/12th of a second later? (That is the timing with the multi-shine correct?)

Top Bottom