• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

SCOTU

Smash Hero
once you're thrown upwards, just start mashing the control stick back and forth as fast as you can (or faster). You'll probably SDI out.

Note: I don't do this, i've just seen one person do it against me and it seemed to work decently.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Can you give detail into the Falco match-up. I'm seeming to have trouble approaching Falcos If I nair they crouch cancel shine me, what should I do?

Someone suggested just taking the lasers instead of shielding them but what do I after I get hit by the laser?

Also, on the Fox vs. Fox Match up how do you di-foxes chaingrab. I've seen different people do it different ways. What's the most effective?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Space Bair. Dair Shine. U-smash and other ranged or unpunishable moves.

Run up to them and block and then jump and shine out of shield to throw their pressure off you.

You have to just shine them in any way you can and tech chase from that. Platforms are your friends. Beyond that, just super space your higher range moves (shine + bair + u-smash and others) and get him to that percentage where he can't CC shine you out of everything else you do.

I honestly just jump at people and shine and then waveland across a platform to chase them, rather than be super technical like RaynEX and his bloody perfect shine out of shield --> waveland across platform crap.

In general abuse platforms and try to link a shine from something somehow. Don't Nair, dash attack, jab, or anything like that until you're sure it'll knock him far enough away so you won't be CC shined or unless you're sure it will knock him over altogether or he's airborne.

Smash Journeyman
Wait is it different for different chars? Which chars doesn't it work on?
I haven't tested that, I mentioned it working on some characters 'cause I heard dair > usmash works only on some characters in another thread.

poster said:
Also, is it important that the last hit is close to the ground (so you'll land asap after they go hit by the last hit of the dair), or is it always possible to combo it into an utilt?
I tried doing the dair from the short hop from frame 1 of leaving the ground to it's 15th frame (hitbox doesn't come out if you wait until the 16th frame) and it worked every time.

poster said:
Do you have always have time to turn around and utilt (I know that you loose atleast 1 frame in that), or do you have to land behind them?
I tried doing the dair facing my opponent and it still comboes, infact, even when facing your opponent you still have roughly 15 - 20 (didn't test thoroughly, just counted the landing lag from the dair and it's hitstun then did the math) frames to throw in the Utilt.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I haven't tested that, I mentioned it working on some characters 'cause I heard dair > usmash works only on some characters in another thread.

I tried doing the dair from the short hop from frame 1 of leaving the ground to it's 15th frame (hitbox doesn't come out if you wait until the 16th frame) and it worked every time.

I tried doing the dair facing my opponent and it still comboes, infact, even when facing your opponent you still have roughly 15 - 20 (didn't test thoroughly, just counted the landing lag from the dair and it's hitstun then did the math) frames to throw in the Utilt.
LMFAOOOOO at ur sig ... it made me laugh so loud =]

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I love how people that aren't Jman answer the questions in this thread. :psycho:

Yo David lets make a Teen Titans Q&A thread for Fox. Seriously.
well u guys are on more then I am so you get to answer the question be4 i can see it lol

and its not like your giving them ****ty advice so im cool with it

if u want i'll change the title to Offical "Ask JMan/Teen Titans Stuff... about JMan/Teen Titans Stuff" Thread LMFAO

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Web you don't need a controller but you might need some vaseline depending on relative joy stick sensitivity.

Lasers are easy just tap B.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
sometimes i try to walk and shoot but instead i do this flash thing?

whats that.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
well u guys are on more then I am so you get to answer the question be4 i can see it lol

and its not like your giving them ****ty advice so im cool with it

if u want i'll change the title to Offical "Ask JMan/Teen Titans Stuff... about JMan/Teen Titans Stuff" Thread LMFAO
LOL KK plays Sheik anyways. >_>

Jman/Raynex thread. double sexy Fox and take over the world. muahaha

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
oh **** title changed.
so how do i do that turn around grab edge thingy ?
i find that **** hard.

idea

Smash Master
m2k vs. pc at long island 2007 is still one of my favourite sets. it has that ridiculous edgeguard of m2k's (you know, the one that's in multiple combo videos) and pc's falcon and peach. i didn't even know he played peach before that set.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol @ Teen Titans ****** Every Thread. They Own Like 60% Of Swf
They Definitely Do

And The Wierd Thing Is ... They Befriend The Threads Lololol

Not Even Take Them By Force Lmfaooo

<3 Teen Titans =]

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so can falco and fox interrupt dair to grab with shine? I have totally forgotten how many frames the opponent should be in stun. All i remember is that it varies by up to 3-4 frames based on how close to the ground the last hit of the dair hits at.

I think that shine, spotdodge, and maybe roll are the only things in the game to beat this imperfect combo, but i'd like some clarification if possible.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
So I was just wondering something about KirbyKaze's amazing guide for SDI/DI on Fox's uair.

I'm assuming this works at any percentage?

Also, let's say it's a fox ditto. You get hit by nair -> shine -> tap reset (thunders') and then a uair while you're getting up. Is there any way to SDI the uair so you only get hit by the first "weak" hit? Since you're basically standing in the same spot (ie. like getting thrown up by Fox with no DI)?

Top Bottom