• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't practice every day I practice like once a month.

Then again I play Sheik so I don't need too hahahaha

*saunters off merrily*

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
man u guys ask a lot i feel so bad im not helping =( i love raynex 4 doing all this he has better advice anyway i'll just say shoot more lasers

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion

EWC

Smash Ace
Use shine more and be less impatient and rushy.

Pay more attention to what's going on. Like in the match against falcon, at one point you did a nair, waveshined, then shined again, all of which missed completely, then got stomped->fsmashed.

In the match against AOI's marth, you kept running away and shooting lasers, and marth kept pinning you against the edge, then grabbing or just being mean. The entire point of doing lasers is to force an approach from your opponent, so you can react and counter. So react, don't just sit there like a duck.

In any case, I don't think lasers are really the best thing to do against marth anyways. Try being more aggressive: dash dance just out of his range, do running shield->stuff to get past his wall, on platformed stages, uses wavelands and shield drop->aerial. Just make sure to actually think about how you're pressuring your opponent, and not just spam tech skill.

Finally, be more patient with edgegaurding. Use invincibility better, and use bair more. Also, when you have time to set it up, use lightshield edgehog, or shine oos against marth, 'cuz they ****.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
man u guys ask a lot i feel so bad im not helping =( i love raynex 4 doing all this he has better advice anyway i'll just say shoot more lasers
shooting lasers is really good advice. canada+u.s. Fox in same thread for advice = win.

Could I get some critique? These vids are kind of old (I have newer vids that aren't uploaded) but my fox hasn't gotten any better. If anything, I use shine more now and I'm more impatient and rushy. :S

AOI wrecks me but it's mostly because he's better. Roman and I are closer in skill level.
I'll critique this tomorrow night. Too much homework atm.

Use shine more and be less impatient and rushy.

Pay more attention to what's going on. Like in the match against falcon, at one point you did a nair, waveshined, then shined again, all of which missed completely, then got stomped->fsmashed.

In the match against AOI's marth, you kept running away and shooting lasers, and marth kept pinning you against the edge, then grabbing or just being mean. The entire point of doing lasers is to force an approach from your opponent, so you can react and counter. So react, don't just sit there like a duck.

In any case, I don't think lasers are really the best thing to do against marth anyways. Try being more aggressive: dash dance just out of his range, do running shield->stuff to get past his wal, on platformed stages, uses wavelands and shield drop->aerial. Just make sure to actually think about how you're pressuring your opponent, and not just spam tech skill.

Finally, be more patient with edgegaurding. Use invincibility better, and use bair more. Also, when you have time to set it up, use lightshield edgehog, or shine oos against marth, 'cuz they ****.
I didn't even watch the videos, but I bet you cleared up all the questions he had. Good **** EWC.

Hax

Smash Champion
this thread is now dedicated to me and my ****ing amazing captain douglas jay falcon. speak no more of this fox mccloud and his down-B bull****. i love u jesus dont shine me

Hax

Smash Champion
yo soopa ryan come to this battle for WNY business lets team

we'll show jman who's boss!

Tero.

Smash Champion
RaynEx you're interested in the german tournament?
omg we have to play friendlies.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
western new york is dumb like that they made it so that you can say "oh **** something in new york" and then its in the middle of the woods with like all the crazed backwoods serial killers and then =(

Hax

Smash Champion
you guys are od gay.. not inviting me and such :( im free wednesday-thursday if anyone wants to smash.. *sniffle*

Oskurito

Smash Lord
why fox players hate falco so much? maybe because they know a good falco will **** them someday

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hit with the top of the shine, cancel fast with the analog, bair asap with c-stick. You're probably focusing too much on canceling the shine super fast. If you use the control stick to jump, then you can easily cancel fast enough, unless your fingers are really slow. Make sure to hit with the top of the shine, and bair almost at the same time as you jump (unless you do it from the ground), because these both make a huge difference.

Honestly though, don't spend any time practicing shine bair, because

1. It's useless. There is literally never a situation when shine bair is your best option. There is always something easier and more effective.

2. When your tech skill is good enough, it'll be easy. Like a year ago, I would always try it and fail, so I stopped trying. About a month ago, I decided to try in a friendly match, and I can do it like 100% of the time now.
Thanks, but I want to learn it anyway because it looks so **** fun when people pull it off in a match.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Lol. In general, I don't hate Falco.

When I'm playing him as Fox, it's an entirely different story.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I have a few questions:

Is jab to Usmash guaranteed if I land the jab on an aerial opponent? Is it ever guaranteed. From my personal experience (against Marth and Peach, mostly), jab to usmash works when I catch them in the air, but doesn't if they're grounded.

If my opponent shields my dair/nair, is shinegrab generally the best option?

Any tips for approaching? It tends to be my weak point with most characters. On stages with platforms I usually run around and look sexy and look for openings. I tend to approach with nair too much (this gets me WD back -> fsmashed from Marths), but I'm trying to go for grabs more.

Are there any specific percents against more popularly played characters (Sheik, Marth, Peach) at which I should be looking for vertical KOs (namely uthrow to uair). All of my previous mains had little vertical KOing power, so I'm not used to going for those.

Top Bottom