• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

unknown522

Some guy
Really? I'd consider myself really really lucky. How else would I get random shield stabs or do 3 stock comebacks, beat the best in the world or just have random setups that can devastate a stock just because the setup was there without me realizing it first lol.
I was going to add you to the list. But then my break ended at work.

@ sveet. Omg, mdz shield stabs like crazy. Chooses the wrong move in a combo like 9/10 times. But then gets some BS shield stab. At first, I though I just had bad luck. But then it happene to so many other people.

I now personally think that I have about average luck. I used to think I had awful luck, but then it balances out. A lot of really lucky things happen

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I like to pretend he isn't a real character and freestyle on him. Works because 99% of doc players are fake. Doesn't work on shroomed, though, so idk what to do against him.

@ Silent Wolf, woah you do that too??

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Bair is good vs Doc in a general sense.

Being on the top platform of DL or BF invalidates most of his character if you're ahead by enough.

Drillshine > u-smash is good vs Doc but make sure you can do it. Invaluable at KO percents.

Nair chains come up periodically. In general you'll combo him like Marth if you couldn't throw combo him. Try to link to u-tilt when possible.

I think b-throw is good vs him, same with u-throw for the positional advantage (former is good for placing him on plats, latter enables sharking). F-throw is also usable to put him closer to the edge since gimping him is good.

Edgeguard with bair, shine, and edgehogging. If he's at death percent let him land onstage and u-smash him. Remember to refresh invuln to prevent tornado stalls from knocking you off (and shine him for them if he's close enough).

Bones0

Smash Legend
am i the only one who freestyles about how filthy his fox is when playing cpus? Lol
Not freestyling during Smash is strictly for noobs
They should just get barlw and sell their GameCubes
Forget CPUs, I freestyle vs. players
The lyrics to this rap couldn't get any gayer

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Either learn the MU with your space animal and accept it'll be tough or spend a month learning Sheik's throw game in the MU and how to SH aerial & WD effectively with her

D-throw > f-tilt > punish post-combo habits and vulnerabilities (0-20%)

D-throw > uair > more uair if you can or punish her post-combo habits

Shark with bair and look for grab whenever possible

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Hello foxboards, you're like my family. big strong foxes i wanna be like when i grow up and litle crazy curious foxes who wanna be just like their papa!

TheLake

Smash Master
I came here to say that

zgettos play against armada

like recently or whatever

was the coolest way to play fox ever

I am in love

good job to all the foxes so far

that character is hard lol

So many options

I hate you all for being so good with him

and may you find pain in your souls

until your dying days

PS. Hugs at apex <3<3<3

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I suppose this is a dumb question but how do I keep from mindlessly approaching with Nair? Lol.
@unknown. What should my mindset be for approaching?

leffen

Smash Champion
MM did not happen. Armada got sick during day 2 and left before we got to play it

my falcon did really good though, even with zero warmup or practice beforehand. Definitely interested in exploring that in the future.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Been playing fox a little more than usual recently and he's shaping up pretty nicely. However, I can't SHDL and it makes me sad. Maybe it's not all the important I would like to be able to pull it off. Also having trouble pulling off JC Upsmash consistently and while I'm complaining about not being a good fox my edge guarding sucks, can't multi-shine correctly, I don't FF Nairs properly, SD way too much, can't JC grab right, and the only thing I can space correctly are Bairs. But godammit I feel cool playing fox!!

Oh who am I kidding my fox is despressing...

Anyways, any advice and general tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

leffen

Smash Champion
He was feeling like he was gonna throw up but it turned out to be just stomach ache
lols

I'm going back there in 1½ week though (new years parties, 5 day tournament ->apex) though

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@ PP: probably Poisoning from a Toronto anaconda

LMFAO lucky he somehow made it

He was feeling like he was gonna throw up but it turned out to be just stomach ache
lols

I'm going back there in 1½ week though (new years parties, 5 day tournament ->apex) though
any idea how he got it?

Fox is good when he doesn't SH Nair a lot.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Could you expand on that? I use SH nair a lot x_x
Okay!

SH Nair is a pretty sweet tool. It combines Fox's speed with a solid hitbox that comes out quickly, stays out, and doesn't have terrible lag. The drawback to this awesome tool is that it can be CC'd into a strong punish unless the move is used stupidly close to the ground, voiding part of its luxury in that it's a constant hitbox. And unless Fox is really tricking someone with his speed, then his SH Nair is pretty easy to outrange, especially if he has to be extremely close before using it. This is also not taking into account the fact that most Foxes SH Nair all of the time, so everyone baits it like mad and DD grabs Fox for it if they don't feel like CC'ing it lol.

So you have to use other tools to make people stop playing only to wreck your Nair(hello M2K). Lasers are an okay start, but if you have to attack eventually then people will be ready for your attack of choice all the same.

I talked about this some in the Marth boards like a day or two ago, but if Fox begins poking with Bair(specifically FH/DJ/platform Bair) and adding in more dash grabs with the occasional upsmash he'd be doing really well.

Running shine is also underused but it beats DD grabs and you can WD out of it so that's freaking sick because you can go any direction or stay in place out of it after throwing out an invincible hitbox.....why aren't people doing that more?

I could go on but seriously....stop SH Nair'ing all of the time Foxes! Good option yes, but far from spammable option in this metagame.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! Good stuff to think about.

...I like to SH nair but I try to significantly overshoot/undershoot it to catch dash backs/bait grabs, respectively (and if they try to CC when I'm overshooting the hope is that I land past them). Do you see those things as an exception to what you're saying, or are those still not that good to use?

Top Bottom