• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

unknown522

Some guy
Dash attack is good against Foxes that are dash dance camping. They won't expect it but they will catch on if you keep doing it.
I disagree. Maybe once in a while but it is a huge commitment to dash attach and so many things can go wrong and potentially cost you a stock, for possibly little reward.

:phone:

People who are good at dash dancing expect the long range puanish before anything usually. Ie peach/marth dash attacks and the like cuz its the first thing people go for when they see dash dancing at that stage in skill. Someones a step or 2 behind lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
Can anyone explain how exactly shine -> bair/nair works? It doesn't seem possible, because of the angle the shine sends them. Does it have to do with the way they di?

here is an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH9I9uRxH-o&t=6m17s
It's based on spacing. If you hit them with the top of your shine, they get sent down at a 45 right into your rising aerial. It also helps that people are typically DIing inward in those scenarios. You can practice vs. level 9s since they DI in super hard. Just make sure you're shining as soon as their feet are within range of the top of your shine.

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
It's based on spacing. If you hit them with the top of your shine, they get sent down at a 45 right into your rising aerial. It also helps that people are typically DIing inward in those scenarios. You can practice vs. level 9s since they DI in super hard. Just make sure you're shining as soon as their feet are within range of the top of your shine.
Alright thanks, I was getting it against level 9s, but I still cant do it against level 1s. Guess my spacing for the shine is a little off?

Lovage

Smash Hero
level 9's have insane CPU DI

level 1's have no DI/terrible DI

neither replicate real human DI, but shine bairs are a really specific technique anyways

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
So I've been practicing dash shine -> SHFFL Nair -> waveshine -> usmash/grab on characters with high traction.

More Foxes should do that imo.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Nothing wrong with anime girl for an avatar

@apasher
Not exactly an efficient way to get a grab

Lovage

Smash Hero
anime girl avatar+numbers at end of name = trol

nah, i don't actually think hes trolling

So I've been practicing dash shine -> SHFFL Nair -> waveshine -> usmash/grab on characters with high traction.

More Foxes should do that imo.
first of all, i'm not sure who you mean by high traction. i'm gonna assume you're talking about marth but i can't tell

theres many problems w/ that combo

dash shine -> nair does combo, but unless they're at 40+, the nair wont combo into anything else.

if you can get the running shine at exactly 35-45, and land the nair perfect, you can totally land an usmash before he lands. if you ask me i'd consider this more of a "blackbeat combo" rather than a real combo, but hey w/e works for u

why don't more foxes use that? wtf are u babbling about idiot lol

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
first of all, i'm not sure who you mean by high traction. i'm gonna assume you're talking about marth but i can't tell
I meant vs Falcon, Peach, etc. I got confused on what's high traction and what's low traction.

theres many problems w/ that combo

dash shine -> nair does combo, but unless they're at 40+, the nair wont combo into anything else.

if you can get the running shine at exactly 35-45, and land the nair perfect, you can totally land an usmash before he lands. if you ask me i'd consider this more of a "blackbeat combo" rather than a real combo, but hey w/e works for u
I was talking about at low percent. I was aware that it wouldn't work at higher percents.

anime girl avatar+numbers at end of name = trol

Seems legit.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I meant vs Falcon, Peach, etc. I got confused on what's high traction and what's low traction.
No, you used it right, Falcon/Peach have high traction and Marth has low traction

So the main problem with your combo is that nair -> waveshine doesn't combo in general. When you hit them with nair and they don't CC it, it pops them off the ground slightly. If you shine someone in the air and then it hits them onto the ground without knocking them over, they land with no stun. (Obviously, shine doesn't knock Falcon/Peach/etc. over.) If you wavedash towards them and try to combo something they can hit you first.

If they do hold down on the nair and it's low percent then they can probably get out of stun before you can shine, since I assume this is an early nair out of shine.

There are some situations where this can work, and of course it can work if they aren't ready for it, but its certainly not something to be used as a staple.

Lovage

Smash Hero
so what was the point of your post?

were you asking for help? or just bragging you do something that lazy foxes don't do

edit: i'm not trying to say this isn't a thread for discussion, i just prefer when the discussion has clear QUESTIONS and ANSWERS

unknown522

Some guy
I mean, it depends on what situation dash shine would actually hit. Obviously, it's not something to be abused.
I see.

But then you ended your post with something like "More foxes should do it imo"

Edit: it may work once in a while. But it's not worth the risk for me. I wouldn't want to do something that's unreliable.

unknown522

Some guy
Lol.

Btw Wenbo I watched your team matches from RoM with David. You and vist are a really good team.

I don't really watch team vids often unless there's a huge upset or someone asking for critique.

Or if it involves myself. Lol

Edit: or some epic combo

C.SDK

Smash Ace
crush, your avatar is gay as ****.

EDIT: JK, it's not bad. But seriously, those avatar remarks were dumb.

Ohai, Fox forums.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Instead of trying to link shine into nair and nair into shine, why not just drillshine like normal. It's the same damage with greater consistency (only way out is SDI as opposed to your opponent doing anything and ruining a shine-nair-shine link lol).

Also, the main reason no one uses stuff like that is because run cancelling into shine is for noobs, but no one utilizes JCing into shines.

G

genkaku

bones0, was that just awkwardly placed deadpan humor or am I missing some understanding about running vs jc shines?

Bones0

Smash Legend
bones0, was that just awkwardly placed deadpan humor or am I missing some understanding about running vs jc shines?
If you can't JC into shines, you're limited to shining outside of your dash range which is pretty big. When you can shine at a moment's notice out of an active DD, you can use it a lot more often, and it is A LOT less telegraphed. Just fish for running shines next time you play, and then notice how often you could dash in and shine if you weren't limited by being in the dash animation. I think it's a big reason spacies have begun utilizing SH into shine-WLs. They want to approach with a 1-frame JCable move with set KB that leads to consistent punishes, but they can't because they are dashing.

Top Bottom