• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I worked specifically on them, thanks.

Still got ways to go against Sheik though

I wish my set vs Ice was recorded...first match was a super smexy jv4 stock but we choose not to play on a recording tv q_q
I feel like you let go of the edge too early against over. If you held it a tad longer he'd land on the stage and you would get free hits every time. Antsy maybe?

Also, uthrow at lower percents (0-20% iirc) against Sheik yields pretty good damage. I didn't see you capitalize off of that situation enough. If she doesn't d.i. the uthrow, utilt is guaranteed. If she d.i.s left or right, nair into utilt / grab works. You can get silly high damage punishes this way in a variety of scenarios.

KK is right about your DDing. I don't believe it was a massive hindrance in that set though, because you had platforms. You've substituted platform movement / camping for mid-range DDing which works fine. Just be mindful of that when platforms aren't present a la FD.

You're pretty damn good. Hopefully we get to play some games in the future!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Fine. He does pretty well against Armada (there are two other Foxes who do as well/better). Sorry.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Oh and I'm just saying, if you don't want to be banned, then watch it.
oh my i feel so threatened D: unlike you amiright
Seriously, you whole post gets ***** and then you refuse to answer any of the points I brought up and just post some random incoherent nonsense
Hey Leffen, Mike, why are you posting your argument on the fox boards? Maybe I missed something, but it seems something completely irrelevant to fox discussion and nobody else even cares a little bit about your fight. Try taking it to PMs.
hey man, this (read the quoted part) is actually extremly relevant to the fox metagame. you cant play fox if you recklessly go around taking shots of 80% appleliquorvodka.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Keep the drama off the fox boards. Leffen made it a point to drop it, you can too. If your panties are still in a knot, take it to PMs

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LMAO at that story.

That said I watched some newer leffen videos today and I was hella impressed. ****in crazy set vs Adam LOL, 2 3-stock comebacks in one set!?

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Hey Leffen I just watched (and really enjoyed) ur matches vs Adam and Zgetto from HF Lan 4

I feel like your edgeguarding vs spacies is better than most foxes, do you have a specific process for how you handle that?

Thanks

Lovage

Smash Hero
i was impressed with all the matches i watched so far of HF lan

euro scene proves my theory that the farther u had to travel the harder you will try

Jackio

Smash Cadet
LMAO at that story.

That said I watched some newer leffen videos today and I was hella impressed. ****in crazy set vs Adam LOL, 2 3-stock comebacks in one set!?
I also did a 2 stock comeback against Zgetto in pools (I had to fight Zgetto, Ice, Armada after each other in pools, **** SWISS POOLS), I've gotten a lot better at doing comebacks/edgeguards and its a lot due to finding good ways to apply my game knowledge efficiently, preventing chokes to happen and knowing when the opponent is gonna choke.

also @ lovage didn't you think I suck LOL

afraid to MM huh?

-leffen

JPOBS

Smash Hero
glad people are finally seeing how fake fox is when your opponent is SDI'ing or CCing all your combo starters and enders, and you are reduced to bairing for entire stocks. maybe fox will drop a few spots on the tierlist by 2016 and falco will assume his rightful place as king.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i meant that more like, they don't sandbag each other cuz they have 1 big tourny every 3 months that they all take trains to

glad people are finally seeing how fake fox is when your opponent is SDI'ing or CCing all your combo starters and enders, and you are reduced to bairing for entire stocks. maybe fox will drop a few spots on the tierlist by 2016 and falco will assume his rightful place as king.
this is wrong. while bair is generally safer in most cases, in those places where those moves (dair, nair, the like) work but end up getting CC'd or SDI'd, you still have the chance to benefit from them escaping from what you wanted initially. aka anticipate it (adapt, dont blame fox) and come up with a counter plan to keep things in your advantage.

some examples..well watch just about any mango fox video and youl see what i mean.

dair grab. it *****, but people like hbox anticipate it and side step or roll or something. then mango does dair -> dash dance to counter that and it *****.

nair getting CCd. this is more match up specific.. a couple examples:

nair -> waveshine ->grab on marth. he can easily anticipate this and punish cuz once hes shined he lands and can do anything. counter - > just space and be ready to act on this. most marths think they can get something out of this situation so there are relaible ways to punish that.

nair -> shine on ganon. mango jus baits his shield and uses dtilt to poke/punish.

you just need to know how to use those moves i the current meta game lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
this is wrong. while bair is generally safer in most cases, in those places where those moves (dair, nair, the like) work but end up getting CC'd or SDI'd, you still have the chance to benefit from them escaping from what you wanted initially. aka anticipate it (adapt, dont blame fox) and come up with a counter plan to keep things in your advantage.

some examples..well watch just about any mango fox video and youl see what i mean.

dair grab. it *****, but people like hbox anticipate it and side step or roll or something. then mango does dair -> dash dance to counter that and it *****.

nair getting CCd. this is more match up specific.. a couple examples:

nair -> waveshine ->grab on marth. he can easily anticipate this and punish cuz once hes shined he lands and can do anything. counter - > just space and be ready to act on this. most marths think they can get something out of this situation so there are relaible ways to punish that.

nair -> shine on ganon. mango jus baits his shield and uses dtilt to poke/punish.

you just need to know how to use those moves i the current meta game lol
You think fox is better than falco?

Not a direct reponse to your input, just curious what you think.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
utility of dash attack?
Dash attack ***** yo

Fast launcher that leads into easy follow-ups and hits certain spots that other moves either would not or would be harder to connect with. I'd use it as a move to quickly punish landing lag on certain moves or to mix in when they're specifically trying to avoid your dash dance grab. Then again, I play falco, so take this with (possibly less than) a grain of salt.

Top Bottom