• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
after reading like 4 of the last 100 posts i can safely say that leffen sucks and will lose a money match to me at apex, and that brookman post was great

in fact i wanna mm everyone, unknown, cactus, lovage for example
yo if i end up going i wanna mm

Cyrain

Smash Ace
after reading like 4 of the last 100 posts i can safely say that leffen sucks and will lose a money match to me at apex, and that brookman post was great

in fact i wanna mm everyone, unknown, cactus, lovage for example
Leffen is hella annoying. x_x Aside from Mango, I think Lovage is the scariest Fox right now.

Kosine

Smash Cadet
i usually dont post on smashboards but im some random scrub fox from GA. so i asked m2k about the marth matchup:

"dash dance grab, up throw Uair

dont do nairs unless you're sure they will hit or you think marth will shield

mostly you're gonna DD grab, and up throw Uair, sometimes Up throw Bair

that's it"

so quit losing to marth you fkn scrubs

double post *****es

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
fox has this problem of having a high chance of dying when he is being trapped and edge guarded. When I say "high chance" I mean much higher than when you are kicking their **** in or otherwise running around the stage not being trapped or edge guarded.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Learn how to ledgedash and the ledge becomes your best friend as opposed to your worst enemy :lick:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
When your ledgedashes get good enough you can usually escape pressure by wavedashing / jumping back OoS onto the ledge and immediately ledgedashing with invincibility

Obviously everything after the ledgedash becomes a mixup, but a lot of people just kinda stand there and try to hit you haha

PB&J

Smash Hero
ledgedash is amazing, and yeah metal reeper. i remember you. we must play, i bet you have gained new power since last time we met

Palpi

Smash Hero
when your ledgedashes get good enough you can usually escape pressure by wavedashing / jumping back oos onto the ledge and immediately ledgedashing with invincibility

obviously everything after the ledgedash becomes a mixup, but a lot of people just kinda stand there and try to hit you haha
ledgedash is always the best option ;)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shame I won't be heading out to Apex. Good luck to all the Fox mains going!

I can't wait to hear all the stories about how you guys got bodied by Falcos. :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
my body is ready

...to 0-death all of the fox players in my pools

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I feel like that's just a natural reaction based on how many awkward *** low-tier mains you play. All mid-level foxes do the same **** etc. DK has like no tricks.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Def. But getting grabbed shouldn't happen considering how bad his grab is. The classic talk of "but I'm GOING to get grabbed" haha

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
How do you DI against DK?

Also I was thinking about stages with platforms. DK's uairing you from below seems better than the stuff Pikachu has when you land on platforms.
DI to the closest edge otherwise you'll just take more damage. At the last U-air he can get in, do your hardest DI ever because DK isn't ridiculously fast and you can probably get out when he to jump out and follow you off-stage.

I'd say DI to his back, so you get B-air'd and after a B-air, you're perfectly safe and out of the combo. Best bet to is to do that + mash shine and jump, I have no idea.

Top Bottom