• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Dirtydeeds

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been posted before in here but I'm looking for a bit of advice on the ganon matchup. Approaches, safe things to try, easy kill moves, general tactics, what to avoid. Pretty much any advice you have would be helpful.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
run away laser when he's close enough to fair your start dash dancing don't run into attacks

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I just Nair when he jumps
Not like Ganon is super scary until you take a hit
Just don't think about it and don't mess anything up haha

I haven't played many good Ganons though

unknown522

Some guy
Good luck.. you'll need it.. =P
thanks man. So pumped for saturday. Can't wait to see you guys!

Not sure if this has been posted before in here but I'm looking for a bit of advice on the ganon matchup. Approaches, safe things to try, easy kill moves, general tactics, what to avoid. Pretty much any advice you have would be helpful.

:phone:
You can either punish Ganon's landing lag after a move.. or punish him inside the lag of his long *** moves that take forever to come out. lol.
pretty much this.

You can shield grab the jab on block. Except if it hit max range, but Im sure you can do something OOS otherwise to punish that.
u-smash oos, all day! I think aeries oos also work.

pingding

Smash Apprentice
O ... your question was worded pretty uhh ... whatever

DI away from Ftilt / Utilt / dash attack / Uair / Upsmash and hope for the best ... jump out intelligently (i.e. don't jump into Fairs or you're just going to die immediately)
That's about it

Don't DI away on Fairs or you're just going to die though

Correct DI requires a bit of prediction unless you have super reflexes, but sometimes you can tell if they're going to Fair if they're too far to the side, but if they're good at positioning they can do it so they don't really tell you which move they're going to use

But you really shouldn't be getting juggled to much by Uair in the first place, they have to guess pretty hard to hit you with a decent launcher out of a techchase, just be super aware of dash attack when you're out of CC % and you shouldn't really be getting launched too much in neutral
yea i did mess up on wording it and thanks that actually helped me A LOT

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
the main thing is you just cant approach blindly. if you time your aerials too early you're screwed..

it's like, you always need to be coming in at marths from tricky ways, not like the typical nair shine approach. once you can get in you can do alot of damage from aerial combos.

another big thing is shine, it leads to alot in this matchup since marth doesn't fall over from it. this means when marth is at a high enough percent, you can simply shine -> wavedash out -> grab and uthrow uair him for the kill. they might DI it alooot of the times, but at lower level this isn't likely.

this can be a very frustrating matchup if your blunt with your opponent! must make them wonder what you're gonna do..go around on the platforms here and there, bait your approach, dash dance, all that good stuff.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
empty shortop ***** that. you have to mix things up dude.... things aren't that simple lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like how the **** capital of the world is the entire southern half of a continent country.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I really don't think it does...Sometimes people tech into you and you can make them look even stupider.
I've never seen Bthrow>Shine. Unless maybe they jump.
It's just never guaranteed

EWC

Smash Ace
If they DI your back throw badly (ie up and towards you), you can even chain grab with it at some percents, ie like 70 ish on spacies I think. Back throw to shine def works against some DI

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
techchasing w/ firefox: the next level of fox mixups/mindgames

fukken mixups to the fourth power with that shiz

edit: this sleezy steezy guy doent seem to know what he's talking about . . .

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i follow all jpegimage posts because he is awesome. fact.

oh yeah shaking people with dashdancing is good, and shieldpressure is boring and overused.

oldschool style

unknown522

Some guy
Thanks. It was fun playing him. It's a different feel and he has some serious tech skill. He beat me 3-1. The games were like:

- Fox v Marth. He 2-stocked me on YS.
- Falco v Sheik. He 2-stocked me on FoD
- Fox v Sheik. I 2-stocked him on FoD
- Fox v Marth. He 2-stocked me on YS.

I was playing pretty well the last game, except that I failed to combo u-throw -> u-air every single time. I also Airdodged off the stage at 3% when we were at 2 stocks each. Then I think I got gimped IIRC.

Still, after playing that set, he definietly felt beatable but I just didnt' play up to it. Also, I made a bad CP choice going falco on FoD vs his sheik. Originally, I tried to get his marth there, but then he switched. I should've just stayed fox.

Also, KirbyKaze almost beat M2K in WFs. Game 5, last stock last hit Sheik dittos. KK was down 2-0 in the set. Losing on DL both times. Then he won on the 3rd attempt. Then he beat M2K on BF. Then they both started choking, and KK missed some edgeguards and missed a d-throw -> f-air at the end. I was kinda the one person screaming in the background, lol.

Top Bottom