• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Brookman

Smash Hero
After playing tons and tons of marth dittos with cort and PC back in the day I also counter picked marth with marth. QDVS was my most notable match probably.

L__

Smash Master
what's the bare minimum times (per second) you have to push b in order to keep a sustained laser shooting session going?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
of course it's stalling. it's the tichinde stall, as i found out recently.

use hax's metric: "if the game wasn't timed, could the player win using this strategy?"

obviously not.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I notice that Mango shield pressure is as follows:

Nair>shine>Nair>shine> run away> Run back> grab>uthrow.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's from the episode where Britney Britney's show gets ruined so she becomes a super villain: The Platinum Princess. She's never seen from again after that episode, though (iirc; it's been a while). And we never hear from her evil alter-ego either.

Brookman

Smash Hero
There are ~397 pages at 40 posts per page. Not all of the posts in this thread are highly informative - in fact, most are likely to be spam - If we all work together we can definitely comb through it and turn this mess of information into a solid compilation of theory/practice.

Anyone interested? If people are interested in assisting this dubious chore then we can make a new thread to compile links and maybe eventually format all the information into something cohesive and coherent.

If we could get even 8 people on board shuffling through a few pages during their spare time we could assign ~50 pages a head and maybe in a month or three we'll have something pretty to look at.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Raynex had this idea a while about brookman. I had scanned a few dozen pages on the Peach matchup to help out and have it saved somewhere on my computer lol

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i like m2k's classic jab -> run away -> run back and grab. why bother nairshining so much if you're just gonna grab?

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
There are ~397 pages at 40 posts per page. Not all of the posts in this thread are highly informative - in fact, most are likely to be spam - If we all work together we can definitely comb through it and turn this mess of information into a solid compilation of theory/practice.

Anyone interested? If people are interested in assisting this dubious chore then we can make a new thread to compile links and maybe eventually format all the information into something cohesive and coherent.

If we could get even 8 people on board shuffling through a few pages during their spare time we could assign ~50 pages a head and maybe in a month or three we'll have something pretty to look at.
I'd be up for helping. Just shoot me a PM if you end up doing this.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Love droid work.

Anyway, pivot shine > jc shine.
I was about to be like "whats wrong with you lol, why would u try to pivot shine into jc shine lol."

but yea its better aside from the fact that in order to space properly while facing/moving forward you will need to pivot twice or a dash f> dash back> pivot shine, or pivot then turnaround shine/pivot, turn around then shine.

it has uses for sure.

Brookman

Smash Hero
You can pivot with one turn. The back of the shine has more range breh.

Unless I read this wrong.
...while facing/moving forward you will need to pivot twice or a dash f> dash back> pivot shine. . .

Anyway, Dash forward > turn around > wait four frames > shine. Congrats, you just learned to pivot.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yah thats cool, pivoting into a shine is a lot slower than a jc shine tho just sayin

man im bored of this dumb technical crap LOL

someone talk about cool stuff please

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
yah thats cool, pivoting into a shine is a lot slower than a jc shine tho just sayin

man im bored of this dumb technical crap LOL

someone talk about cool stuff please
Did you know that like, fox has this really really cool tactic where he runs around really fast and shoots lasers? And then sometimes he kicks his opponent in the face, or grabs them before kicking them. It's sooooooooo coool and not dumb technical at all

Man I'm learning new things everyday

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You can pivot with one turn. The back of the shine has more range breh.

Unless I read this wrong.

Anyway, Dash forward > turn around > wait four frames > shine. Congrats, you just learned to pivot.
id just rather hit with the shine while facing forward thats all. as an approach anyway.

its just easier to follow up with. id rather not have to turn around in my shine for speed purposes.

my philosophy on pivots is pretty much that pivot attacks are stupid. being able to effectively pivot your dash is useful. but throwing pivots into your game is time that could just be spent making better decisions.

I use to practice pivs all day and i had to force them into matches just to use them. I think naturally u will start to do the right movement with time and experience.

pivot up tilts...those are still tight cuz they are mad hard lol

also I said dash..pivot...turn around...shine. very specific uses, but jc shine is too **** lol.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I believe that pivoting things like grab/up smash/forward tilt/aerials are the opposite of stupid and they really open a whole level of spacing that you can't get without it.

Also, why would you turn in your shine when you can just wavedash in either direction or short hop??????? You're trying to apply this unnecessary extra turn somewhere for some reason that I don't understand.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its more just personal preference. I just find it more difficult to followup a shine knock down while facing the opposite direction.

Also, considering that pivoting is slower(from your post) than JC shines I see no real purpose for it after thinking about it.

I dont see pivots being a large necessary part of Foxs game. With grab being the exception. There are some uses for pivot upsmash and jab but not detrimental if u dont.

Time spent learning to pivot as a fox main can just be spent elsewhere. I find myself only doing pivot attacks because I wasted time learning to do them. I could have spent that time learning to make better decisions instead.

Brookman

Smash Hero
...Jump Cancel Shine requires FASTER input - by a single frame. A gift in speed [sort of] and a curse in consistency..

...Backside of the shine has SLIGHTLY [dealing with the shine here] more range.

...What happens when you make an error inputting a Jump Cancel Shine?
... ... ... I'm sure you can think of a few things.

...What happens when you mess up a Pivot Shine?
... ... ... forward b at worst I guess. You?

So, when you guys are up against a player who can't get out of your drill combos . . . just how good are your drill combos?

Top Bottom