• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

buddy

Smash Cadet
jman

i was looking for videos of fox vs. ganon to learn the matchup better.
i found you embarrassing someone in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgYvjTTilww
how you do that?!?

i feel like i should be able to mess up ganon in this matchup, but i keep getting rocked by goram fair cause of it's range, if i try to get close he jabs me in the face.
i also get hit by double dairs, where he hits me when i'm on the ground, then jumps up and hits me as i bounce - any easy way outta that? (there probably is, i'm pretty noob).
and please, if there is an obvious answer, don't assume i know it. i ain't no pro.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
wow i really dont remember doin that lol

but yea vs ganon u have to space really good know when to come in.. no ganon gonna be very aggro nots ganon game.. so no the space of your dash cause it goes like have the stage lol and u will be able to get in his face a lot of the time

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yea man those red boots look real cute lol

i no what i will do green is reg jesus red is super saiyan jesus LMAO

Lovage

Smash Hero
@the more technical foxes

What did you practice specifically to get your improve your tech skill / speed with fox, when you practicing alone, not against a human opponent.
practicing against cpu's is pretty important for learning fox. just play against lv1 foxs or falcons or peaches and practice combos and practice moving around the stage really fast. something i like to do is when the cpu respawns i like to shield pressure their invincible body with nair shines at varying timings/spacings

Palpi

Smash Hero
practicing against cpu's is pretty important for learning fox. just play against lv1 foxs or falcons or peaches and practice combos and practice moving around the stage really fast. something i like to do is when the cpu respawns i like to shield pressure their invincible body with nair shines at varying timings/spacings
I do the invincible thing too!

I am just joking though..green is okay.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
waveshine f-smash is really easy on sheik/peach for me

but i can't for the life of me get it on ganon/falcon/link

oh yeah you should practice your shffls on cpus and on thin air because the timings are different for each

and remember that staling your move affects the hitlag so you need to alternate so you practice fresh ones and staled ones

fox has a million teensy timing things that eventually become instinctual but learning them is a ***** hahaha

for drills, a good thing to do is to practice tapping the L/r/z trigger/button/whatever quickly and releasing quickly so if they SDI or a body contortion saves them, you don't inadvertantly shield. learning the earliest point you can hit L/r/z to make l-cancel will save you grief vs people that SDI and characters like samoose/bowser that have really weird body contortion habits when they get hit (they like pull back; obviously this matters less if you're inside them [lol homo] but that's not always an option).

and it will make you swim in candy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
jman

i was looking for videos of fox vs. ganon to learn the matchup better.
i found you embarrassing someone in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgYvjTTilww
how you do that?!?

i feel like i should be able to mess up ganon in this matchup, but i keep getting rocked by goram fair cause of it's range, if i try to get close he jabs me in the face.
i also get hit by double dairs, where he hits me when i'm on the ground, then jumps up and hits me as i bounce - any easy way outta that? (there probably is, i'm pretty noob).
and please, if there is an obvious answer, don't assume i know it. i ain't no pro.
You can wait for the fair and then punish, Ganon has a lot of laggy moves.. you can hit him pretty easily in between, before or after one move.. just have to be smart about it. Bait!!

KK, because it doesn't work on Ganon with proper SDI.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
where did u come from cactus lol your everywhere LOL

vs falco man this match up really depeads on how im playing that day...the only falco that beats me a lot is mango.. i think its like 3-2 with peepee im over chops,zu,and the other falcos..

but anyways like i said it really depends on how your playing cause vs falco its like u have to stay on him no mistakes.. but him on the other hand is like CC combo down air combo blah blah blah...

but i would say a good way to think vs falco is to keep your confidence up dont let his 0-80% combos mes with your head

Lovage

Smash Hero
but i would say a good way to think vs falco is to keep your confidence up dont let his 0-80% combos mes with your head

yea that helps a loot lol. cuz this matchup all he has to do is wait for you to mess up spacing one time and CC shine into a huge combo.

keep your cool and DI as best as you can and **** him as soon as you get out

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Let em kno KK haha.
AZzenith said:
@the more technical foxes

What did you practice specifically to get your improve your tech skill / speed with fox, when you practicing alone, not against a human opponent.

For whoever asked about practicing tech skill with fox. I cannot stress how important it is to practice simply moving lol. PPl over look things like that and it causes them to make mistakes.

You should be able to consistently dash after every aerial and WD, whether u land on a platform, ground, from a FH, SH, wallk/runoff. It goes withoutsaying practice L canceling with random aerials while landing on different heights. Dont forget to practice shining after those aerials, it can be the difference between getting away and getting shield grabbed. Also Practice changing the timing on when u FF, and when u aerial. U just need to be able to make it happen.

LEarn to stay in your dash dance as long as possible, learn when u arent in your dash dance and how to get back in it without breaking your flow of movement....dash canceling, WDing, loose dashes(flick the stick vs holding it)

If you find yourself doing that stupid turnaround thing when u are trying to dash....means its back to the lab 4 you.

I also heavily recommend spending time getting comfortable with platforms. PRactice shffl on them(dont forget to learn to shine without falling thru), practice dropping thru them and making sure you can hit those L cancels.

When u got all that down pretty good, then work on shield stopping, WD oos, wavelanding, shield dropping. Practice shining after aerials from all the positions above.

learn to jc upsmash/grab out of DD and run.

learn to waveshine after aerials, learn to waveshine falcons across FD(try marth for a challenge)

Just keep doing it faster and faster. You want to gain as much control over your character as possible....dont think of it as tech skill practice, just think of it as learning to control your fox. The more control u have the more creative u can be.

Practice vs air, and practice on cpus....either use level 4s because they have stronger DI and u will get a few more hits in b4 they die. Practice on multiple stages vs different characters.

U can also, do the name glitch trick to play alone, or put it on teams and have u and the cpu be on the same team...turn team attack on and just go ape **** on him, he will never attack you or even move. Another decent way is to use handicap level 9 on a cpu and u at 1. set damage ratio to .5. Then aerial shine like crazy.

If u have AR there are other ways to practice in which I actually prefer

^all of this will get u a bangin fox assuming u learn how to apply them in matchups.

After that you can spend some time

ledgedashing

learning to JC shine with and without shield
dash cancel jabs and uptilts
learning the timing for turning around in your shines and jumping out of them. aka shine turn around aerials and such
Pivots
double shines and beyond

Just keep building off of what u already kno. With fox it just keeps on stacking. PP picked the wrong characters. The better you are at practicing the more fun it becomes, the faster you learn.

Sorry its crazy jumbled and **** but I just was throwing ideas around off top and im sleep deprived lol(bad post johns)

hope that helps tho

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Lol. Ah yes Jesus. Like teacher... like student...

Embrace the green. It will treat you well.
I agree. Green fox will treat you well.

Green fox represents Jamaica

Green Jacket-Flag
Yellow Undershirt- Flag
Black Pants- Flag
Redboots- Coat of Arms

Kanelol

Smash Lord
wait are we talking about embracing the green as in blowing trees

or the actual green fox

because green fox is the best

but blowing trees is better

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
lol u guys just made me look dumb

but anyway so i still in the mood to answer questions about fox so ask away people

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
lshe is so so so eazy to camp u can just run around her all day lol

but anyway platfroms help a lot on must stages she cant reach the top without using her slow *** second jump

so its like lasers platfroms run repeat then they get mad then u can mix it up and **** her **** up they wont no whats coming

Palpi

Smash Hero
How useful are the dair->utilt combos? I get them on some people, but I don't play top level players so I am not sure how they would react to them.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I believe you can DI out of the dair too easily for it to be reliable.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Which way do people usually DI the dair...just away? because I use it as a mix up of approach and lots of times people don't see a SHFF dair, but hm :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Late fastfall Dair is pretty hard to DI out of isn't it
That said if you aren't fast enough with the Utilt they can ASDI it down
Or maybe they can do that even if it combos
I'd just drill grab haha

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yea i use to have fun with that but never really used it when it matter in tourney

but i think if u get the perfect dair it works not to sure on the frame data

but i would say dair grab dair shine would be better but that just me

Top Bottom