• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

L__

Smash Master
you're playing too much around the edge against marth imo

you need to learn when pursuing is a bad idea and when it is a good idea

imo you're just too unnecessarily risky offstage

those are the general ideas I got from it =/

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
cool thanks :) I definitely noticed the risky-ness of it, I guess if it was more against someone I didn't play often I wouldn't have done it so much, but I felt more comfortable. either way no johnzzzz, anymore halp?

Brookman

Smash Hero
wtf did you wall jump? was that an accident?

@ 1:09 you run off and shine mid air, then double jump. Be pro and double jump > AIR DODGE down.

@1:20 nair > up tlit is your friend. Unless the Marth can Cc. I dunno if I saw this guy CC at all yet.

@~1:25 SOOOO MUCH SQUANDERing

@~1:40 get *****. j/k. I'm gona advocate taking the edge and using the invincibility here, rather than trying to evade marth's infinite reach on yoshi's.

@~2:00 no up throw?? down throw even??

Taunting on the cloud is a win condition for matches in CT.

the next to games pretty much came down to you being the better player but not necessarily playing well either. g2 was a mess. The 2nd and 3rd matches looked really casual.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Silent Wolf, I just want to let you know that the first 2 videos I introduce people to, when explaining them to competitive melee are Revolution and All Systems go :)

Silent Wolf, I just want to let you know that the first 2 videos I introduce people to, when explaining them to competitive melee are Revolution and All Systems go :)
thanks
Mark Zuckerberg.

or however it's spelled.

So, with a last name like that, you're italian right?
im not italian. idk where bisno comes from, couldnt find it on any name origin sites.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yo trahh

you ledgehop aerial too much. that marth sucked at punishing it but yeah.

you also challenge marth's dd in kinda bad ways. you dash attack or nair (which is fine when your opponent can't CC) and you don't overshoot enough. one time you tried to running grab his DD which is just suicide.

you pick dair almost every time even when bair or nair is better, like when you edgeguard and dair shien instead of bairing him back off stage

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
any other fox players wanna mm at pound?

find me:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/otto.bisno
You look like a total bro.
I added you, I'm the one with the pikachu-squirrel picture lol.

I'm going to a smashfest-type party on Saturday, and I'm playing against a Samus/Falco player.
Are there any tips for either? Mostly Samus though since once Falco's off the edge I pretty much win the stock.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
be very aware of all the different times that samus can do stuff to you when you're on the offensive (cc dsmash, or throw out a nair to stop your combo) and attack smartly so as to get around those options

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yo trahh

you ledgehop aerial too much. that marth sucked at punishing it but yeah.

you also challenge marth's dd in kinda bad ways. you dash attack or nair (which is fine when your opponent can't CC) and you don't overshoot enough. one time you tried to running grab his DD which is just suicide.

you pick dair almost every time even when bair or nair is better, like when you edgeguard and dair shien instead of bairing him back off stage
LH aerial on the offense, or defense?

So i can't nair or dash attack or grab him or anything during his DD game?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Trahh, I haven't seen the match but note that foxlisk pointed out overshooting.

You certainly *can* upsmash/grab/nair his DD you just have to overshoot adequately.

Draxraven

Smash Rookie
Hey guys can you help me to be better in Peach Match up and Flotties match up in general ?I don't really know how to fight against a good Peach when i use Fox. In fact, nice peach crouchs and use down smash... Or she gimps me again again and again... So i want to improve my Fox against her ? Besides she does nice combo against my Fox... Unfortunately i haven't movies, but if you can help me, it will be nice...

What is your experiment against Peach and a Samus too ?
Are you patient, or do you try to disturb your rival with Fox's speed ?

Thanks for answer.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm 100% confident that it has nothing to do with the character but the player.

This is a player vs. player game and if you don't keep that in mind you are doomed to fail.

Fox's bread and butter are move > shine/grab, shine/grab > grab/move, move > move. How you go about connecting these is up to you, just realize that, if your opponent is good, they are probably reading everything you're doing.

Watch as many videos as you can. The more recent the better, although you can always learn from the classic pros like ken/isai/pc/etc. Try talking to the people you're playing against and ask for input.

Work on shffling and movement in general. Try and get everything as tight and precise and consistent as possible.

A general strategy to abide by is: Build percent with laser/combos while avoiding grabs and eventually use an up move for the kill. If possible force the opponent off stage with shines or grabs and attempt to kill with shine/edge hop back air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRhFfED1ulE fox hitboxes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW3S2AwJr8s peach hit boxes

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130 tournament video forum

EWC

Smash Ace
Nice video Ryan. I like the part about crouch canceling, because for some reason a lot of people still haven't read Doraki's old DI guide and so they don't actually understand how it works.

You should make a combo video.

Top Bottom