• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Brookman

Smash Hero
To all my 'friends' going to pound: focus on winning and do so. Beat falco and don't lose to marth and puff cause they're bad.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
To all my 'friends' going to pound: focus on winning and do so. Beat falco and don't lose to marth and puff cause they're bad.
lolol yeah dude.

at least puff. puff v fox ****in sucks. **** those floaty balls of gay

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if i meet any puffs, i plan on playing an extremely gay platform based style, using only laser and bair.

time out depending.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
naw dude. that only works against all the other low tiers. you gotta DD camp.

here's how to beat puff:

1) DD camp
2) watch how they land
3) whatever they land with (it's usually an aerial or a waveland back) go in and grab it
4) uthrow uair
5) if they land in shield, nairshine pressure them or just shinegrab pressure or something
6) gg

battousai555

Smash Ace
how main black strictly fox mains r there????? raynex unknown(even tho he dabbles with the bird) sinji myself??????? any1 else
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s (0:37)
I've held the same opinion long before watching this and could've said it myself, but I think you're more likely to agree if you hear it from Morgan Freeman (his voice has magical powers, am I right?).

Kanelol

Smash Lord
so my friend was being a **** the other day, and started playing puff. so i was like, OH*********, and whipped out my fox. like 2 stocks into the first match I remembered something I had heard Eggz say about how him and Otto were experimenting with shine-only tech chasing against jiggs

so i tried it

***ken ****

mers

Smash Ace
so my friend was being a **** the other day, and started playing puff. so i was like, OH*********, and whipped out my fox. like 2 stocks into the first match I remembered something I had heard Eggz say about how him and Otto were experimenting with shine-only tech chasing against jiggs

so i tried it

***ken ****
I feel like they could just get to the edge and escape after a few shines, which is not much damage at all.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
naw dude. that only works against all the other low tiers. you gotta DD camp.

here's how to beat puff:

1) DD camp
2) watch how they land
3) whatever they land with (it's usually an aerial or a waveland back) go in and grab it
4) uthrow uair
5) if they land in shield, nairshine pressure them or just shinegrab pressure or something
6) gg
the land and shield one seems like the only safe time to grab puff, but you suggest attacking then.....

Anyone know the rock/paper/scissors of fighting games?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
when jiggs is at about 55-60%, if you think jiggs is gonna do a falling bair, you can sneak in a fulljump weak nair - like, fall on her with the nair so it juuust clips her. this will combo into usmash. you can get hella kills this way. weak aerials **** jigglypuff

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
the land and shield one seems like the only safe time to grab puff, but you suggest attacking then.....

Anyone know the rock/paper/scissors of fighting games?
well. if they land in shield it's easy for them to WD back grab you when you whiff a grab on her. so i prefer pressure. but if you're confident you can grab that too, yes.

and landing lag from aerials is a great time to grab any character.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
landing lag from aerials is a great time to grab any character.
For marth who can stand in place and press Z and grabs from a mile away. And thats only when they attack towards him.

One of the simplest baits is to land an aerial outside of range to get punished. If they try to punish you, you simply avoid/beat their attempt.

Also, why would you try to grab a waveland backwards? They are still mobile and ****. Seriously, this is the perfect time to apply pressure and cut off options due to your greater speed, not the time to run in and directly try to hit.

well. if they land in shield it's easy for them to WD back grab you when you whiff a grab on her.
also this doesnt make any sense. how is it you expect to grab them while they are in minimal amounts of lag and still fairly mobile, but when they sit in shield you are afraid to get them?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
um. i play mahone's puff like every day and that's what i do against him and i get tons of grabs against it... that's really all i can say about it

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Real men DD U-smash landing lag with Fox. My anecdotal evidence based off experience with Jigglypuffs that aren't at a very high level said so.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Im having trouble wavedashing oos forward. I can do it backwards when grabbing the ledge for a edge hog. Any advice?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
anyone know the frame data on jiggs' upsmash OOS vs pressure?

im interested in it vs falco's presure too but im already here so meh

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
U-smash OOS comes out frame 8

Which is actually pretty good

There's probably a Rest setup there if they try to cross up with an early aerial or something similar

JPOBS

Smash Hero
frame 8, thats pretty neat.

i was wondering if i was doing it wrong, or if upsmash oos is a legit strat as jiggs. i guess im not completely at fault.

EWC

Smash Ace
To sheild pressure jiggs just go behind her and dair shine repeatedly. It just straight up beats all her oos options I'm pretty sure. If you hit her at any point then you get a shine tech chase which is often a free grab because jiggs getup rolls are really slow. If the roll oos then just grab them if you feel fast enough or keep going otherwise.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Rest OOS *****

Also,

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10579644&postcount=1

Since we're talking about shield pressure and crap again

So yeah I'm pretty sure you can be Rested out of Dair Shines but Puff has to be pretty spot on to do it if you're doing good Drillshines so it's probably alright

If Puffs actually get good at Rest OOS this MU's pressure game will become hilarious lolol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i don't really think extended predictable in-your-face shield pressure is particularly good against jigglypuff in the first place so i really don't think much would change tbqh

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Probably depends on how they space their aerial.
i was talking about jiggs upsmash oos

To sheild pressure jiggs just go behind her and dair shine repeatedly. It just straight up beats all her oos options I'm pretty sure. If you hit her at any point then you get a shine tech chase which is often a free grab because jiggs getup rolls are really slow. If the roll oos then just grab them if you feel fast enough or keep going otherwise.
i don't think pressuring from behind really makes a difference vs puff, especially considering her Upsmash starts at the back anyway.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
when i play puff i rest oos all the time since i cant do anything good with her. it makes people so mad :3

Kanelol

Smash Lord
i wish there was a character

that could edgeguard as good as puff

without being boring as ****ing **** to play with or against

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
young link is really fun.. im bout to secondary em u might wana try em out hes really solid
Yeah, I just remembered I played your Ylink at MAD and got owned. I main Ylink as low tier :)

Hey guys, I suck sooo bad against Peach. What do I do?
All i know is...

1. Laser a lot
2. Don't approach
3. If you do approach approach with Dair>shine
4. Space Bairs.

Am I missing something?

Top Bottom