• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Bones0

Smash Legend
I've watched both sets of S2J vs. Westballz from SHFT5 like 3 times. S2J continues to amaze me. He constantly gets pressured, but rarely gets hit, and even when he gets shined he typically takes only 0-30%. His alter ego's name should be the Escape Artist.

You can 4-stock my Falco basedJohnny.

VA

Smash Hero
what about vwins beating bam and unknown522

what about me losing to vanityangel, and going 3-2 with him last set even though I have better peach practice than anyone else in the world and am a better player overall?

what about mango vs bladewise

what about armada doing way better against foxes than falco/sheik/falcon

those are the questions i ask myself whenever I think about peach-fox

why the hell does fox do horrible when he is peach's hardest counter
humm well u ***** me game 1 the first time we played, nearly four stocked me. SD'd game 2 and totally lost momentum and i rode it p hard. it wasn't the MU that won the first meeting for me.

second time we played i rly choked after being 2-1 up and i don't think u were playing particularly well for many sets during that tournament.

the 'peach MU experience being the best' thing is sort of irrelevant. armada being a leauge unto his own with peach and using her in much different/more effective ways than i did against u changes the MU entirely. i was hardly stringing 3 hits together and playing the MU in a very disjointed manner. my uneven rhythm is off putting.

it's definitely not 7-3 as i don't think many MUs are that poorly balanced at high level. people continue to 'exploit' their chars to bypass what once dictated the rules of the MU. now they swing between 65-35 to 50-50 at the extremes of many high tier MUs. that's my take on it anyway.

p.s don't think ur that much better than me overall though definitely have results to prove u are :p

tl;dr

peach is countered by fox imo but definitely not 7-3 dats dumb :bee:

VA

Smash Hero
sum one told me leffen had posted about me a while ago, i just remembered it today and name searched mahself.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
How good/reliable is shine>nair? Lately I've been seeing a lot of Foxes go for this on Sheik and Marth. I feel like it just has that style factor lol.

Lovage

Smash Hero
How good/reliable is shine>nair? Lately I've been seeing a lot of Foxes go for this on Sheik and Marth. I feel like it just has that style factor lol.
no one goes for it, it just happens sometimes if you are playing fast and they happen to DI into your shine

happens during shield pressure if they get hit by shine sometimes

Bones0

Smash Legend
Bones doesn't main fox

:phone:
^This. lol I've only used Fox vs. Peach and ICs in tournament, and at my last tourney I dropped 1 game as Fox vs. Peach, and won the rest of the set with Falco (3 wins, 1 loss, 3-2 total). Might have to retire my Fox until I move somewhere with more people to practice against. My Fox poops on Marth, but then I play spacies and don't know what's going on. My Falco vs. Puff game is really strong, so I don't need Fox vs. her, and I'd ideally be using Marth in the future for Peach, but I'm only attending one more tournament for Apex, so I won't have time to learn the matchup. I'll be going all Falco at Apex, barring any surprises. Might go Fox vs. ICs if I face any (not cause I think it's so much better for Fox or anything, but I have no idea how to play the matchup, and when I played Nintendude I thought I did much better with Fox than Falco. It seems pretty easy to keep that matchup simple by just plat camping and getting the occasional drillshine/Nana gimp. Falco has to use lasers weird and can't shield pressure, which I rely on pretty heavily.

Wow, that was the most random rambling I've ever done.

tl;dr
My Fox is a fraud.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Nah, I just can't focus/try in friendlies. It's a serious problem. I kick it up a notch when I have to. I guess you'll learn that the hard way.

MM accepted. ;D

voorhese

Smash Master
HI GUYS IT'S BEEN FOREVER!

just wanted to check in, and let you guys know I am doing fine after switching to the ice comblets.

My fox improved from playing them too, which is tight. I still need fox for doubles and for certain matchups.

voorhese

Smash Master
2 shotting nana is pretty annoying >_<

fox is super well equipped to deal with them in general =/

He can punish you for trying to gain space to desynch, he can give you the gun to make u approach, then play against you like you are marth...his rush down is super hard to deal with....I think basically the only situation he doesn't have an advantage in, is when he is off stage >_<

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
ppl don't know about that Nishan shine nair. sick approach + combo potential.

and style. lots of style.

voorhese

Smash Master
Could you elaborate on the playing as if they are Marth? Do you just mean avoid grabs?
I mean like sitting outside of your ranges and trying to bait moves because they are slow (minus bair), but if you turn around he will prolly just jump on you because you can't grab him while turned around.

Engo

Smash Ace
Damn everyone eager to pounce on the random for money lol :p. I wasn't expecting so many so I'll do mainly $2. Pk webb, and L for 2 and jake for 5 since he was the first to ask.

My tag everywhere outside of the boards is Bernal so keep an eye out for that name not engo.

:phone:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, relatively new Fox player from Australia here. Managed to get second at a recent local tournament, and was hoping to get some critique from others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EdyelL47F8#t=03m59s

This is the GF set. Would REALLY appreciate any sort of advice in the Marth match up, and general critique on my playing habits. Would love to avoid getting gimped like a ***** lol.

Note: I was pretty nervous earlier on in the set but I feel like I was playing with a lot more confidence in the last two matches.

Engo

Smash Ace
^This. lol I've only used Fox vs. Peach and ICs in tournament, and at my last tourney I dropped 1 game as Fox vs. Peach, and won the rest of the set with Falco (3 wins, 1 loss, 3-2 total). Might have to retire my Fox until I move somewhere with more people to practice against. My Fox poops on Marth, but then I play spacies and don't know what's going on. My Falco vs. Puff game is really strong, so I don't need Fox vs. her, and I'd ideally be using Marth in the future for Peach, but I'm only attending one more tournament for Apex, so I won't have time to learn the matchup. I'll be going all Falco at Apex, barring any surprises. Might go Fox vs. ICs if I face any (not cause I think it's so much better for Fox or anything, but I have no idea how to play the matchup, and when I played Nintendude I thought I did much better with Fox than Falco. It seems pretty easy to keep that matchup simple by just plat camping and getting the occasional drillshine/Nana gimp. Falco has to use lasers weird and can't shield pressure, which I rely on pretty heavily.

Wow, that was the most random rambling I've ever done.

tl;dr
My Fox is a fraud.
I didn't read that but I'll mm your main. 1-2$?

edit:puppy I'm not that great but don't spam tech skill inbetween the stocks at the ledge against a marth lol. There was a lot of situations where he was in lag or a bad position and you went for a shine instead of a grab which leads to a lot more in this matchup. I noticed more stuff but I'll let someone who really knows what they're talking about critique you rather than possibly giving wrong info.

Engo

Smash Ace
$2?

Pk Webb $2
L $2
Jake13 $5(Don't wanna do too many $5 cause I'm broke so I'll only do this one since he was the first to request it)
Coffeebad $2

Bo5, apex ruleset. I'm done with foxes gotta find falco,marth's,sheiks,falcons to mm.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'll do Falco, and if we're pretty evenly matched, Marth. Preferably just $1 each. I'm wasting too much money on Smash lately. :urg:

I lost two MMs tonight as Marth/Falco vs. Peach 3-2, and then went Fox and won 3-0. Definitely going to stick with Fox vs. Peach, at least for the time being. It was nice to see a lot of my objectives come together. I did some good damage lasering. I avoided dairing her out of the air (most of the time). I was patient and grabbed instead of trying to pressure her shield. And I got my kills at the earliest percents possible pretty consistently without relying too much on lucky drillshines.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with questions/critiques in the past. I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom