• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Jman, M2K, and Leffen are the three Foxes that really stood/continue to stand out to me vs Peach.

Brookman

Smash Hero
you guys are all bad. it's really upsetting to see how bad everyone still is here. except SW he's a G and invented tech skill

leffen

Smash Champion
I don't think Jmans/M2Ks style vs Peach would work at all against Armadas/other new peaches tbh

both of them are "retired" as fox's anyway sooooooo

Bam looks like he plays Vwins more than anything, much like Mango does with armada

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I don't think Jmans/M2Ks style vs Peach would work at all against Armadas/other new peaches tbh

both of them are "retired" as fox's anyway sooooooo

Bam looks like he plays Vwins more than anything, much like Mango does with armada
retired or not i think its effective but please expand on y u think their campy laser shooting style wouldnt work

Tero.

Smash Champion
sup guys
anybody wanna watch a few matches and give me some advice?

vs Sheik
vs Marth (1)
vs Marth (2)
vs Fox

(quality is good and i hope they're at least kinda fun to watch)
pick whatever you like

I've noticed quite a few times where I mindless run in and get ***** for it
also my edgeguarding is definitely not on point
any more advice appreciated, I really need to get better

unknown522

Some guy
Wow, I think there were no foxes in top 5 at rule 6....

Edit: Tero your vids are unwatchable

jk lol. Quality is great. Will watch when I wake up with some advice

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wow, I think there were no foxes in top 5 at rule 6....

Edit: Tero your vids are unwatchable

jk lol. Quality is great. Will watch when I wake up with some advice

:phone:
Mango - Fox / Falco
Me - Sheik
Shroomed - Doc
PewPewYou - Marth
Bladewise - Peach
S2J - Falcon

Fox is low tier

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Now more than ever I'm convinced that what people need to improve with Fox is their punish game. I see so, so many tournament sets where Foxes will get in numerous times over the course of a stock but fail to convert the first hit into a big punish by dropping a techchase, choosing to end a combo early, not edgeguarding optimally, etc. And then the opposing Falco/Marth/Sheik/low tier gets one grab and obliterates them. Fox can kill much more effectively than most Fox players are capable of demonstrating.

I think Kirbykaze said something similar to this about Sheik a while ago (i.e. improving the punish game is one of the most direct means to better performance).

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think it's just the general attitude that may need changing, don't be afraid!! Don't play like a ***** and use every tool to your advantage. It will take creativity if you want to break out as a Fox main because everyone knows the match-up so Mr. Fox players, find new stuff!!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Kirbykaze said something similar to this about Sheik a while ago (i.e. improving the punish game is one of the most direct means to better performance).
Pretty much. If you do 20 damage a pop versus 40-60 damage a pop then you have to work way harder to win. And it doesn't require you play any differently in actual combat at all.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I think it's just the general attitude that may need changing, don't be afraid!! Don't play like a ***** and use every tool to your advantage. It will take creativity if you want to break out as a Fox main because everyone knows the match-up so Mr. Fox players, find new stuff!!
Yes EXACTLY this.

Top Bottom