• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
pro tips in fox dittos?
The main thing is to stay grounded. The only time you should be in the air is when you are approaches with a nair shine.

Shield pokes are important especially in stages with platforms.

Thunders combo is the bread and butter in the matchup.

If they di the uthrow at a high percent, charge usmash.

I could write more but unfortanetly, im sick today.

Edit: Its been a while fox boardz.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
raynEX was like, one of my absolute favorite players during the era after Event 52 (where he played Darkrain)

Bing

Smash Master
This may sound like an odd question but I've been playing so much Fox/Falco lately that Im starting to take off a lot of skin on my thumb and I just wondering if theres anything I can do to Fix/stop this from happening :S

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Very defensive Sheiks generally have no idea what to do against defensive Foxes. I think.

Speaking of Sheik, I lost to Tope in close sets in both winner's and loser's this weekend. :< asdfasdfasdf omgwtfTope

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Very defensive Sheiks generally have no idea what to do against defensive Foxes. I think.

Speaking of Sheik, I lost to Tope in close sets in both winner's and loser's this weekend. :< asdfasdfasdf omgwtfTope
****, those matches must have been confusing as hell to commentate

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
thanks br0s

purple hi five

****, those matches must have been confusing as hell to commentate
LOL they didn't get recorded, but... yeah seriously, I was housing Tope and I couldn't begin to count the number of times someone would yell either of our names and both of us would look

leffen

Smash Champion
You guys inspired so much when I was watching NWM

im so gonna **** armada up in 2 weeks

up until then, believe it or not, I'm going to Tenerife with 3 fellow smashers for 11 days where there will be a free smash venue for 10 days.

I'll be missing lots of school, but without me saying that I could go Jack (swedish smasher) bought a ticket with my name on it LOL.
non refundable ofc.
Sadly, not many good people are going (maybe over+strawhat tho) we're renting a car and its fkn hot so **** smash lol

However, are there any cool tricks that I should learn while I'm there lol? Since I'll be playing people fairly below my level I think I'm for once just gonna play fox and get crazy consistent with some technical things but I dunno what except for multishines since I know most things
Traveling to a vulcano and them coming home and fkn armada up (and then iceamsahand**** 2 weeks later at ESA5) would be dope.

lovage/sw/toph, gimme something ;D

unknown522

Some guy

yeah I was looking at the bracket as it was being updates and saw that you had lost to tope. Then weon-x and I were disappointed.

@ bing: camilo says to play more for your thumb. The skin will get tougher. Apparently it was like that when he played bass

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So if my fingers never lost skin, have I not been playing this game enough? The most I get is an ache in my index finger cause I claw with Peach. Also get somewhat of a sharp pain when I bend my left thumb back far enough...

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
This may sound like an odd question but I've been playing so much Fox/Falco lately that Im starting to take off a lot of skin on my thumb and I just wondering if theres anything I can do to Fix/stop this from happening :S
Lol, this happens to me too.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I've worn down the skin on the top right part of my right thumb from multishining, double lasering, etc., but it's never hurt or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if a new controller face or new buttons would make it worse though. The face of my controller in between Y and B is all polished and glossy because my thumb has rubbed it so much. lol

Wake

Smash Master
So if my fingers never lost skin, have I not been playing this game enough? The most I get is an ache in my index finger cause I claw with Peach. Also get somewhat of a sharp pain when I bend my left thumb back far enough...
I've lost skin playing Peach. I haven't tried clawing yet though.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Leffen you should work shield drops oos (as in, not running shield drops) and shield drop aerials into your game if you're really trying to find something useful but really difficult to practice o_O watch Eggz in recent tournament sets haha

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Well uh... I guess I don't know how to play fox

I've practiced/used double lasers and double shines and I've never worn down any skin on any of my fingers. D:

leffen

Smash Champion
Leffen you should work shield drops oos (as in, not running shield drops) and shield drop aerials into your game if you're really trying to find something useful but really difficult to practice o_O watch Eggz in recent tournament sets haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp1w7eQbACg

I've probably been using shield dropping (thats not just for showoff) longer+more than anyone else - partly due to playing yoshi lol :D

I remember Eggz coming up to me half drunk at Apex: "Yo I heard you've been shield dropping like crazy, I thought I was the only *****" xD

The thing with shield dropping out of pressure is to press forward during your shieldstun (where it wont make you roll) and then use that to do a normal "running" shield drop (where you slide it down) and time it so you reach the angle that causes you to drop just as shieldstun ends. It takes a lot of practice but its not that hard ;Å

JPOBS

Smash Hero
So how do i do it exactly?

Press forward during shield stun -> press down when shield stun ends. Thats it?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Leffen,

I would say try out mixing up throws, that's one thing I noticed about Javi is he never only just upthrew and got a lot of different reads based off it.

Tech chase with upsmash rather than grab, tech chase with shines instead of grab near edges would be my choices of stuff to try out.

Top Bottom