• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

unknown522

Some guy
Nah, the lake is like that. Though I told David the same thing you said yesterday. Lol

He is one of the coolest mofos on the planet though. Well, most of pittsburg is really cool (vudujin, Carroll, silent swag, vyke, d20, taki, nakamaru, etc).

But yeah, I'll never let the bad characters catch up! Never!

:phone:

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
You can just buffer jump into drill if you are expecting shine. Much easier than trying to time it.
I'm confused about this....

This means most characters can jump between the drill and the shine when I drillshine? What would it help for? Wouldn't the shine hit anyways?

Also, I read that aerial-shine aren't good combo starters??? WTF I have to re-learn Fox from the start lol, cause I always start my pressure/combos/anything agressive with either shine, drillshine, or nair-shine. But I also occasionally do some dash attacks.

Can anybody help me understand this? I tried doing things like, nair-dash attack or nair-grab, but they rarely ever connect.

EWC

Smash Ace

This means most characters can jump between the drill and the shine when I drillshine? What would it help for? Wouldn't the shine hit anyways?

Also, I read that aerial-shine aren't good combo starters??? WTF I have to re-learn Fox from the start lol, cause I always start my pressure/combos/anything agressive with either shine, drillshine, or nair-shine. But I also occasionally do some dash attacks.

Can anybody help me understand this? I tried doing things like, nair-dash attack or nair-grab, but they rarely ever connect.
The shine will still hit, but they'll be in the air and then the hitstun cancels when they land.

Drill shine is still staple. Nair shine is less reliable do to crouch cancels and because it will often hit them into the air causing the same hitstun cancel.

unknown522

Some guy
The shine will still hit, but they'll be in the air and then the hitstun cancels when they land Vs characters who don't get knocked down by the shine.

Drill shine is still staple. Nair shine is less reliable do to crouch cancels and because it will often hit them into the air causing the same hitstun cancel.
added that

:phone:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer

You misunderstand what I mean by "aerial shine". The opponent is aerial when you shine them. You think I meant aerial attack into shine. The situation being talked about here is specifically regarding Fox doing some move causing the opponent to be hit up from the ground slightly. The opponent can also do things get this effect. The result of this is, for most Foxes who are in the habit of aerial into shine, to hit the opponent as they are rising. This causes them to go back to the ground immediately and, for characters that don't fall from shine, makes them land standing and only in landing lag rather than the normal hitstun of shine.

There are a ton of Fox players who probably get used to linking from that shine to doing another attack and thinking the opponent is in hitstun because the opponent still has the shine particles on them like they normally would through the stun. The computer doesn't react properly to this scenario and won't usually use the frames after landing for some reason.

D

Deleted member

I main Sheik.

I've largely given up on this game.

Going back to MtG and Pokemon.
I've been going in hard on mtg lately. I wish I could go back to pokemon, but =/

I don't really see why anyone would play sheik over fox outside of just really liking the character. The more I play both, the more the relative goodness gap between them feels so....obvious? It's pretty disheartening.

Bones0

Smash Legend
ommmmg you folks play magic the gathering AND guilty gear?!

this thread is off the chain!

except where you talk about confusing things

like frame data and shine stuff....

like cant you just be grateful with what you have?

and let the other horrible characters catch up?!

I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!

anyways

i hope everyone continues to smile

fox is cool somtimes

when he isnt jacking off all over my characters dress

Im also not quitting this game...till i make bracket at a national for christ sakes

thats all i ask! is that so much?! IVE COME SO CLOSE!!!

<3 fox players and everyone in this thread
Stockholm syndrome.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i agree with chillin and also with sheik techskill isnt really required just smarts while with fox its both. she is easier to stay consistent with 2. like she has f tilt fair and they die. we have to drill l cancel shine wavedash out far enuff up smash lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've been going in hard on mtg lately. I wish I could go back to pokemon, but =/

I don't really see why anyone would play sheik over fox outside of just really liking the character. The more I play both, the more the relative goodness gap between them feels so....obvious? It's pretty disheartening.
What format are you playing?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I think Fox is the character that makes you FEEL the most broken. Like everyone's Fox has those moments where they do something incredible and in their mind they're like "omg I should switch to Fox" or "omg Fox is so broken holy ****" even when their main is 200x better.

Sheik ftilt->slapping 4 stocks away doesn't leave the same effect for some reason.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DK: that one combo he has
alternatively: dair -> fully charged usmash on spacies

Bones0

Smash Legend
I don't remember Marth players doing reverse fair dair in 2010... In fact, I still barely see it these days. Marth players are stuck in the past more than any other char imo. They all just want to DDWD and chain grab spacies on FD. M2K is clearly to blame, but it's why we love him, so what can I say?

Zoler

Smash Ace
At first I was neutral only, then green, then red, then green, now im blue/green =)

Fox is definitely the (only?) character that looks almost equally good in most of the colors. In almost all other characters I stick to one color, except falco actually... spacies ftw

unknown522

Some guy
I'm not a fan of green. Those red boots man....

I don't think I've ever used green aside from doubles sometimes.

White for me. Red if I play some jerks like chillin and eggm :p

Top Bottom