• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Perfect Dair can get shieldgrabbed, so you'd have to be Bowser or something for it not to work (but he has upb OoS so moot point)

EWC

Smash Ace
Frame perfect dair shine leaves 7 (or 8?) frames of non-stun. So anyone with a jump that actually works can just buffer and get into the air everytime.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
? Dair has 3 frames of shieldstun. It's -4 on shield. Sheik/Fox/Pichu/Pikachu/some others can do as you described, but it's only 3 frame jumpers.

EWC

Smash Ace
Dair lcancels in 9 frames, not 7. Also I thought it had only two frames of stun but I remembered wrong. Still, that's 6 frames, not 4. Enough for most characters to jump.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
? Dair has 3 frames of shieldstun. It's -4 on shield. Sheik/Fox/Pichu/Pikachu/some others can do as you described, but it's only 3 frame jumpers.
Are the 3 frames of shield stun factored into the total negative value on shield? Or are shield stun / - frames treated as two separate entities? I'm pretty sure shield stun is just "amount of frames you are actively hitting your opponents shield", whereas the negative frames of the move itself are applied when the shield stun has subsided.

Can't remember for sure though lol

EWC

Smash Ace
Dair lcancels in 9 frames, not 7. Also you can't shine on the last frame of lag, only the next one after that. So it's 9+1-3=7 frames of non-stun (I couldn't remember if dair had 2 or 3 frames of stun).

Oops double post lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dair lcancels in 9 frames, not 7. Also I thought it had only two frames of stun but I remembered wrong. Still, that's 6 frames, not 4. Enough for most characters to jump.
o my bad

then it's legit unless you're bowser.

Bernard:the shieldstun is factored into it. and it's -6*. Shield stun is (damage+4.45)/2.235; your opponent is in shieldstun after hitlag.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Are the 3 frames of shield stun factored into the total negative value on shield? Or are shield stun / - frames treated as two separate entities? I'm pretty sure shield stun is just "amount of frames you are actively hitting your opponents shield", whereas the negative frames of the move itself are applied when the shield stun has subsided.

Can't remember for sure though lol
Well it's pretty much exactly like SF4 when you block a move depending on the animation the attacker will be on - if the blocked attack is slow. I'm surprised you would ask that.

It's also like if I throw a huge punch at you and you evade it then I would be more off-balance so it's easier to counter-attack lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Thanks Strongbad!

Well it's pretty much exactly like SF4 when you block a move depending on the animation the attacker will be on - if the blocked attack is slow. I'm surprised you would ask that.

It's also like if I throw a huge punch at you and you evade it then I would be more off-balance so it's easier to counter-attack lol.
Oh Kage, you gotta read posts better man. Yes, I understand that moves with bad recovery frames = unsafe. I was asking if frames of shield stun are added to the recovery frames you endure after you land from an aerial. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure why I asked...it'similar to blockstun in other games.

Anyways, how have you guys been doing? Everyone here still playing Fox, entering tournaments, striving to get better?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Yeah I'm playing again. I really miss the smash fam. I'm seeing success in the other games I play, but the originality of melee and the freedom it provides is incredibly satisfying.

David, please tell me you're joking : (

Also, any suggestions regarding the Fox Forums and any changes you want to see / advice you want to share, would be much appreciated. I will most likely make a thread specifically for that, but I'm just letting you know.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Anyways, how have you guys been doing? Everyone here still playing Fox, entering tournaments, striving to get better?
fox ****in owns

i love melee and want to get better but i'm hella lazy to drive to tournaments and don't play that often but i'm not that stressed about it honestly. i feel like i've reached a point where my tech skill stays pretty good even if i don't practice/play for weeks, it takes a lot less time than it used to to get pretty warmed up.

the biggest lesson i learned at apex (LOTS of ppl learned this lol) is that you actually gotta warm up at tournaments if you want to play well and win. i'm usually too lazy to do this and would rather just talk/chill with ppl but in washington i'm gonna try to stay warmed up whenever i have big bracket matches.

besides melee though i've been playing hella guilty gear and it's the sickest ***ing game ever lol (just after melee)

unknown522

Some guy
I'm liking the recent posts!

Also I'm surprised that people are just learning about the
D-air and also jumping into shine to Jew fox.

I know I've posted about these several times but meh, as long as everyone is learning

Edit: guilty gear Is amazing!

:phone:

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
on the topic of warming up i didn't play for a week and couldn't move at all when playing my friends, so i was really worried that it all disappeared..but bam after 9 hrs, it all came back....and i kept thinking..why is marth so fast?????

which makes me just wonder what fox and falcon players think...maybe something like...

"holy......where'd I go?"

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Thanks Strongbad!

Oh Kage, you gotta read posts better man. Yes, I understand that moves with bad recovery frames = unsafe. I was asking if frames of shield stun are added to the recovery frames you endure after you land from an aerial. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure why I asked...it'similar to blockstun in other games.

Im trying to perfect my defenses in general and also I discovered 2-3 new things that can be very good with Ganon with his platform game. I guess I'm still trying to reduce my weaknesses in that game. =P

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not uiqting ever
raynex you ******* my name has a space in it never forget it

Armada

Smash Lord
Shroomed: Haven't you heard from the Marth boards that Marth CAN'T win a national so good luck with that ;)

D

Deleted member

Not quitting till I win a national.

And it'll probably be with Marth =)

:phone:
i watched some vids of your marth, it was....weird in subtle ways but pretty good. if you stick with it, I think you can do it.

just don't use marth in teams though lol

TheLake

Smash Master
ommmmg you folks play magic the gathering AND guilty gear?!

this thread is off the chain!

except where you talk about confusing things

like frame data and shine stuff....

like cant you just be grateful with what you have?

and let the other horrible characters catch up?!

I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!

anyways

i hope everyone continues to smile

fox is cool somtimes

when he isnt jacking off all over my characters dress

Im also not quitting this game...till i make bracket at a national for christ sakes

thats all i ask! is that so much?! IVE COME SO CLOSE!!!

<3 fox players and everyone in this thread

Top Bottom