• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

L__

Smash Master
thanks harbinger

I'll try to keep it more simple

I need practice getting grabs

it's one of the hardest things for me

Lovage

Smash Hero
when u posted that you were trolling so i'm glad i gave it that response lol

and it only works if they di hella into you so you're not gonna see me using it any time soon, i was just ***in around in that set LOL

@chillin

imma look at that set later and see if i can find anything ur missing. doubt there's anything obvious since i always thought u had one of the best ic's games LOL

edit: i have a good set vs. fly from this saturday that'll prolly be up by tomorrow, when that goes up imma prolly post some thoughts about the IC matchup (since i've been playing it a lot last few months) if anyone wants to hear it lol

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
They actually don't have to DI INTO it for waveshine upsmash to work; level 1s don't DI toward shines and you can definitely do it on them. They usually have pretty neutral DI... its more like if tehy DI away theres no chance of it working. No comment on practicality of it though.

Also, not everybody is mango. I haven't actually seen leffen's matches, but setting mango's pressure as the *standard* is a bit much.

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
setting mango's pressure as the *standard* is a bit much.
Your standard is thus not high enough.

although, what you said about drill shine up smash is also true. Besides, is there a more reliable way to set up a kill at high percents?

@ L: Forgot to mention this earlier: Your drill grabs on dreamland were perfect, you should take a note of this and try to expand the moves you can get away with after your drills.

p.s. dunno what kinda music you guys listen to but I'm enjoying the **** out of this right now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVFiqDTtP50

@ Lovage: I'm just waiting for you vs. mango.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Tthere's a difference between a goal and a standard. My goals are far above mangos pressure level, but a realistic standard expectation to set for an A or B tier smasher should not be something currently unachievable; that's just foolish.

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
NICE >:D

you do look kinda off your game here. Were you playing brawl beforehand?

IMO fox metagame has become gimping people's down angle sweet spot. This **** gets so many easy stocks.

chillindude829

Smash Master
yea empty jump setups are great, i still dont see the point of using the word "tomahawk" though

empty jump setups have been around forever, i still remember empty jump to grab or dsmash being a staple of milds sheik game in 03

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yea empty jump setups are great, i still dont see the point of using the word "tomahawk" though

empty jump setups have been around forever, i still remember empty jump to grab or dsmash being a staple of milds sheik game in 03
That's NY's term for empty jump. Tomahawk, I don't understand why they called it like that, just empty jump is fine.

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
Everytime I went for the ledge as Ganon against a Fox, I died a horrible death... I have to stop doing that lol.

I have highlighted the part where you were doing it wrong. That's what your up air is for tho. Fox is fast and taking the edge can be done easier and in more creative ways.

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (6 members and 1 guests)
Harbinger, Cheers, chillindude829, Winston, Druggedfox, Ltork

sup winston

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I have highlighted the part where you were doing it wrong. That's what your up air is for tho. Fox is fast and taking the edge can be done easier and in more creative ways.
As if I can upair when im in Up B lag lol.

my favorite way to kill fox/falco going for a downward angle to the edge is

a downward angled forward tilt at the very edge

**** owns
Backthrow into pivot down ftilt read, shine lol.

chillindude829

Smash Master
man ive chillindashed cyrains falco so much lately i wish it was on tape

both shine @ edge -> hover -> no double jump to shine as well as the variation w/ double jump

and both variations i survive

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I find it cute, the way you pretend to know what the word metagame means.. .
I find it funny how you took offense to that. you're ********.

Eh, truthfully I just feel outplayed when I play Ryan.
perhaps. but he's the best "vs sheik" fox imo (i base this not only on your matches, but of what he has told me about playing vs m2k and amsah as well)

and your the best sheik he has recent vids against. So if someone's looking for help, i point em in that direction.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I find it funny how you took offense to that. you're ********.
You don't have to be so mad. The irony of your previous statement is egregious:
Originally Posted by JPOBS View Post
since when?

people still get away with it all. the. time.
People do get away with it, but a metagame player will be gimping them for attempting it. Does this make sense to you now?

Define metagame for us, if you will.

I remember when PC first showed me that turn around edge hog. Good times.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
perhaps. but he's the best "vs sheik" fox imo (i base this not only on your matches, but of what he has told me about playing vs m2k and amsah as well)

and your the best sheik he has recent vids against. So if someone's looking for help, i point em in that direction.
My Sheik is terrible though :lick:

I just get ***** in all the matches. Not much to learn from that ;)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
You don't have to be so mad. The irony of your previous statement egregious:

People do get away with it, but a metagame player will be gimping them for attempting it. Does this make sense to you now?

Define metagame for us, if you will.
my two statements about him being mad and being ******** are actually different trains of thought. I could have made it clearer. I was actually surprised he was so offended by my simple question "since when" to come up with a curt little response. The statement "you're ********" has more to do with how he also jumped down kage's throat and told him off for a situation kage wasn't even addressing lol

I take metagame to be the broad landscape of current high level play as defined by high level players. When the statement "the fox metagame has become X" is made, when X actually isn't happening at all or very little, just strikes me as a odd.

If the statement as something like "the fox metagame will become X" then sure it's whatever.

Sangoku

Smash Master
How should I train alone knowing I'm a beginner? Are there specific moves that are good to be chained or tried together or anything? Or should I simply get consistent with the basic shffl, waveshine and such?

:phone:

L__

Smash Master
practice crazy combos on cpus and practice some routines involving a myriad of advanced techs

after you practice the crazy combos try streamlining them into what you're comfortable with

idk

its helped me

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think being able to shuffle Nairs at whatever timing you want, having drill waveshine grab/upsmash down 100%, and dashdance grab is all you need as Fox
Then all you need is le smarts

O and LEDGEDASHING because ledgedashing is broken

Top Bottom