• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
nah its not a negative thing. It's a good mindset to be in to be teachable. I don't think im like a super ignorant annoying noob, but i just know im pretty ignorant of ssbm melee atm. So I get excited about all there is to learn and i don't take my lack of skill seriously =D
noobs are people who aren't willing to learn.

you obviously aren't one.

GOD!

Smash Ace
ehh i guess idk what a noob is really. plus i think its a funny word soooo ill just be a noob for now, y not.

Aaaaand jman 3-0 ed mango. idk if jman daired or tried to washine grab once that match.vIt was cool to watch though. Then mango trying last stock last match loooool nice

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ehh i guess idk what a noob is really. plus i think its a funny word soooo ill just be a noob for now, y not.

Aaaaand jman 3-0 ed mango. idk if jman daired or tried to washine grab once that match.vIt was cool to watch though. Then mango trying last stock last match loooool nice
meh, jman didn't need to waveshne grab much

mango was giving him free grabs all set by throwing out ******** fsmashs everywhere. he got wavedash oos grabbed like 50 times.

wat a scrub.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Yeah...he's played him for awhile now but as of lately he's been busting him out alot similar to his mario phase. i like when he does this, he teaches a few new things with the chars.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i like when he goes puff or when he gets mad. that way all those fanboys who say he wasn't trying are wrong for once. lol

i miss isai...

p.s. jman is fun to watch against marth.

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
Incidentally, speaking of Isai...
I keep getting owned fox on falcon. My Falco deals fine but my Fox gets kneed / spiked / awkward juggling and all sorts of stupid things. The only time I won, I shine spiked him 3 times and upsmashed his last stock.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well there's your solution. shine spike and upsmash more. lol

furrealz though, i think of every match up now the same way.

i look at all the moves my opponent's using to start combos, then learn to avoid/punish them.
i love this game. i need to play more. sorry i can't help. ha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think it was back when only 90% of smashers didn't defend his losses.

edit: or back before he had losses... lol

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
I jumpcancel my shines with the stick. Since I´m jumping with X in general, I switched to the stick to become faster.

Now that I´m used to that I´m realizing there is a natural lag between pushing the stick down to shine, and then pushing it up to jumpcancel. So I´m limitating myself, it would be way faster if I had switched to Y .___.

fuuuu xD

Brookman

Smash Hero
limiting*

Are you sure there is a lag? I know there is general latency for inputs but I'm not sure I can believe that with out frame data.

GOD!

Smash Ace
i think it was back when only 90% of smashers didn't defend his losses.

edit: or back before he had losses... lol
first 90% of smasher dont defend his losses. a few people do by just being stuid fanboys, and some people do because they can actually tell the difference between a flashy and cool mango or a mango who wants to win bad.

he also went puff in doubles at dgdtj.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
limiting*

Are you sure there is a lag? I know there is general latency for inputs but I'm not sure I can believe that with out frame data.
when he said "lag" pretty sur ehe was meaning in a pratical sense, as in it takes longer for him to move his thumb from down (shine) to up, than it is to hit Y immediately after down, because it would be with the other thumb.

but..i dont think it matters for all intents and purposes, in real time, flicking the stick up and down is probably just as good as using x/y for all practical things.

Foy

Smash Champion
I use Y for JC Shines and SHDL, and X for everything else. Y is definitely the easiest method I have found, and I can jc shine using any of the three methods. Y, even though it's kind of awkward for my thumb cause it's used to resting over x, allows for the most fluid motions, and helped me get grounded jc shines much easier.

unknown522

Some guy
yea he looked like he did not no what to do lol

so i just made him come to me lol
\
also when the marth is good at sdi they must of the time get hit with the hard bair its a good mix up

i remember doin it to srawhat dohan w/e his name is lol

he mad good tho
yeah, strawhat is pretty good. He improved a lot since pound 3.

Hopefully when you b-air marth, they try to DI inwards so you can get more hits in, or just do more b-air before they attack again.

lol, mango trying to d-smash Jesus all the time.

That wasn't even a gimmick, it was just.....stupid.

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
I jump out of shines with x but to doubleshine I use y.
for shdl though I need to control stick.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
first 90% of smasher dont defend his losses. a few people do by just being stuid fanboys, and some people do because they can actually tell the difference between a flashy and cool mango or a mango who wants to win bad.

he also went puff in doubles at dgdtj.
i'm just talkin' trash. lol i don't know what actually goes on in the smash community.

i watched his set vs jman as if jman was playing a random marth player.
it was funner to watch that way.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm not saying i pretend he sucks.

i just mean, instead of "mango is/isn't trying" i think of it as someone i've never seen play before. maybe marth's metagame in iraq revolves heavily on punishing techs with dsmash. lmao i don't care how much credit to give jman or mango, i just watch it and enjoy.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
what r rilly good options when u up throw falco or fox at 0%? i heard shine to upsmash is bad lol and is it possible to uthrow up tilt regrab at 0%?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
uthrow utilt kinda sucks at 0%. if it's a platform stage i usually uthrow usmash. you can even let them land and techchase or jab the no-tech :P the important thing is to make sure you don't throw out something as if they weren't gonna land, but then they land and get away for free.

for me, my reaction time kind of sucks so like, on FD i usually let them land and go for the techchase at 0%, then after about 10% i just start chaingrabbing

and yeah, my cousin in the military says that the insurgents in iraq use marth's dsmash as a geurrilla tactic against our troops. what a dirty trick!

Brookman

Smash Hero
Assuming you aren't under a platform I hear grab is pretty good.

I mean, grab to grab in some sort of chain . . maybe we could call it a grab chain.

Something you can try, if you are comfortable with the spacing is up throw (with no di/platform interference) shine > wavedash back > turn/dash > JC SHINE > JC SHINE.

if you are on or close to the end of this stage this will force them off. You can see swift use this vs. drpp on YS.

If they don't DI then up throw shine is not awful. Especially at the edge, it forces them off the stage in a more advantageous way than a back throw IN MY OPINION.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
grab... hmm... i'm gonna have to give that a try. i'd better go practice my tech skill first.

Palpi

Smash Hero
thats a good idea erkekjetter...lots of people read the miss tech with a upsmash, but if they tech it...the upsmash misses...this way you get a reset and still a chance to up smash their tech in place

JPOBS

Smash Hero
in a perfect world, upsmash is the best move at 0% imo. Takes on big damage, then you get a tech chase (or jab reset) into grab. and by that point they are at like 20% so the chain grab is easy. But tech chasing is kinda hard and honestly people mess it up a ton even though its theoretically garunteed.

and like brookman said, vs no di. shine->wavedash back->move can be a good mixup. i love upthrow->shine->wd back->upsmash (the raynex :p)

don't do it too much tho, its hella easy to tech and escape lol

edit: You know when you upthrow spacies/sheik at low percent and they land on the platform and if they miss the tech you get that nice pretty upair combo?

well sometimes they will tech it and the most common tech is to the other side of the platform. but every time i upthrow someone onto a platform, i Upair the would-be miss tech and even when they tech away i just run and grab and continue to ****. anyone know if this is inescapable cuz i've had success with it vs pretty much everyone i've ever played? or is it that people are just slow moving out of tech animations?

Brookman

Smash Hero
KDJ was doin that ish in 06 breh.

as for the platform tech chasing, I'm thinking tech rolls take a while, and you pretty much have unlocked the secret of the universe.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
KDJ was doin that ish in 06 breh.

as for the platform tech chasing, I'm thinking tech rolls take a while, and you pretty much have unlocked the secret of the universe.
lolol

but for real its mad good people should do it if they don't already.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
uthrow waveshine usmash is nice on spacies but it's definitely suboptimal. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll test the waters with it and see fi they tech the shine
if they do they'll always tech it. usmash instead.

Top Bottom