• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i played smash first time i did acid. i was pretty solid. i was just playing my kinda scrubby friend though.

and i used to be unbeilevably bad after like two beers but now i can play solidly pretty late into the night. drunk smash is fun :)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
^ i like you

NOW COME AND TELL ME DO YOU LIKE BASS DO YOU DO YOU LIKE BASS?

lovage your commentary was hella good on whatever rom match it was, as you were explaining pp's playstyle i was like damn this guy is smart, i wanna play him

then i saw the list of commentators, you clearly weren't hazz d1 or hmw.

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
I have no access to drugs and I don't like beer/wine/whatever. HOWEVERRRRR
I get high in my friend's house because... I'm not sure. Anyways, I was going all over the place, and there was this ******** moment where I saw him shooting his lasers which suddenly would slow down, then speed up, and I was like lol how do you do that, and he was like lolololol ('cause y'know he's high off air) and yeah. I 4stocked him because everytime he tried to use an aerial he fell off shooting lasers.

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol watched like 2 minutes of that vid, same thing i said like a year ago

you dash dance just cuz it's dash dancing, and give up great opportunities to attack like 10 times a stock
and you laser like ur sagat or something, good players are gonna **** you so hard for that since you're throwing away all your stage positioning to get like 4% on the opponent

oh well ur not gonna give ppl's critique any mind since you already know everything LOL

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
lol watched like 2 minutes of that vid, same thing i said like a year ago

you dash dance just cuz it's dash dancing, and give up great opportunities to attack like 10 times a stock
and you laser like ur sagat or something, good players are gonna **** you so hard for that since you're throwing away all your stage positioning to get like 4% on the opponent
and a year ago you still dont help me. sure you're pointing out what im doing wrong, but thats all you're doing. i want to know what i should be doing DIFFERENTLY.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
how do i know when i do or dont have the advantage? i run into sheik tilts alot, so i clearly dont know what im doing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If I didn't want help I wouldn't have posted. What I want is for you to stop attempting feebly to troll me. I'm playing with whomever I can, whenever I can. Cooper just happens to be my roommate, and my primary source of training. I don't have any transportation, so I only get to smash with other players on wednesdays, which is spent playing doubles because people here are stupid.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Smash isnt an RPG. You don't just get better by grinding away a billion games then TA-DA you're good. The only thing keeping you from being mango is your attitude and your willingness to think about the game in different ways.

Brookman

Smash Hero
You can definitely watch recent tournament matches. I understand you're probably busy with school since its finals time and all, but its a good idea to really study the recent videos.

apex/pound/rom3 (when ever they come out) whatever local/regional events near you have been recorded.

Do you have any characters beside fox? I think this is really important.

edit: I was never trying to troll you, simply sharing my opinion.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
When you have an advantage and when you have a disadvantage isn't as simple as saying "this is when..."
There are obvious times like marth recovering and you having time to grab the ledge, but that means little to me because YOU are responsible for creating your advantages. Whether you do this through positioning, mindgames, intimidation, fear, lasers, tech skill, etc. is up to you, and it's something you have to learn for yourself as your style develops.
Go to more tournaments. Don't play to win; play to improve. If you lost, no johns. Figure out why and correct your flaws.
We can only do so much for you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You can definitely watch recent tournament matches. I understand you're probably busy with school since its finals time and all, but its a good idea to really study the recent videos.

apex/pound/rom3 (when ever they come out) whatever local/regional events near you have been recorded.

Do you have any characters beside fox? I think this is really important.

edit: I was never trying to troll you, simply sharing my opinion.
I dropped out of school 2 years ago. I'm just sitting around grinding smash, looking around for jobs when my roomies are busy.

I actually main Falco, lol.

As for tourney vids, I'm chivalruse status. >_>

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
When you have an advantage and when you have a disadvantage isn't as simple as saying "this is when..."
There are obvious times like marth recovering and you having time to grab the ledge, but that means little to me because YOU are responsible for creating your advantages. Whether you do this through positioning, mindgames, intimidation, fear, lasers, tech skill, etc. is up to you, and it's something you have to learn for yourself as your style develops.
Go to more tournaments. Don't play to win; play to improve. If you lost, no johns. Figure out why and correct your flaws.
We can only do so much for you.
"go to more tourneys" is not legit. I'm going to as many tournaments as I feasibly can with my budget. I've gone to just about every AZ tournament since 2008.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
and a year ago you still dont help me. sure you're pointing out what im doing wrong, but thats all you're doing. i want to know what i should be doing DIFFERENTLY.
1) don't give up stage so easily

2) when you're dashing or moving at all, really, pay attention to the openings that appear in your opponent and capitalize on them rather than just continuing to move for the sake of movement... pay attention to the habits and ways the opponent reacts to kinds of movement and then learn how to hit them for it

easy ideas you could take from oscar's post

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm trying to pay attention to my opponents habits.

I'm just not very good at it.

I don't see how you got those points from Lovage's post. All I got from that post was what I was doing incorrectly. The guys awful at explaining things.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
"go to more tourneys" is not legit. I'm going to as many tournaments as I feasibly can with my budget. I've gone to just about every AZ tournament since 2008.
what else do you want from us? You're looking for answers that aren't there.
Stop taking your frustration out on us. Being good is up to YOU--we can help but we can't do it for you. There is no magical secret to being good.
Perhaps you should pick up brawl? It seems more suited for your attitude.
edit-just so you know, I go to about 6 tournaments a year and I have improved tremendously from each one.
And I'm midwest--the size, frequency, and mean skill level of my tournaments differ from yours.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Fine .

nope. I tried watching again for ruby, but I just get . . . .

I think my emotions are summed up on the sheiks very last stock. you DD he throws out a randy grab and you punish with nair. (he dies cause he tried to CC but well. . ) I think there's a better punish (grab maybe? )

I think you need to watch some advanced play and redesign what you consider to be sound gameplay.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Smash isn't a game; It's a lifestyle.

Also that argument isn't legit. Using that argument, you're telling anyone who plays SF, Tekken, Soul Caliber, or any remotely competitive card game, or board game to chill out.

Top Bottom