• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
hell yeah, thnx for the link.

And i get that jman would be upset about it, but in all fairness with no one getting any special treatment, he did it in right judgement.

also is it just me or does mango seem to be trying less than usual in these friendlies?

PB&J

Smash Hero
hell yeah, thnx for the link.

And i get that jman would be upset about it, but in all fairness with no one getting any special treatment, he did it in right judgement.
i guess u didnt here the full story..warriorknight arrived at the same time and he was able to still enter..and him eliminating them from the whole tourny was dumb..they should of went to losers bracket but plank said it wouldnt be fair for loser's bracket..knda gay if you ask me

really gay

edit: mango and hbox was playing for like 2 hours so im sure they both was trying as they usually do

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i guess u didnt here the full story..warriorknight arrived at the same time and he was able to still enter..and him eliminating them from the whole tourny was dumb..they should of went to losers bracket but plank said it wouldnt be fair for loser's bracket..knda gay if you ask me

really gay

edit: mango and hbox was playing for like 2 hours so im sure they both was trying as they usually do
ya i heard that about WK, but the thing is, the pools that warrior knight had been in didn't report him missing, so the TO had no reason to even go and randomly DQ warrior knight, there's ALWAYS more important stuff for the TO to take care of.

But then, someone had reported jman/m2k being gone, so of course the TO had to handle that situation because there were actual complaints, rather than WK being late and no1 complaining.

was this recording from the beginning of the 2 hours?

PB&J

Smash Hero
umm..yeah this was the beginning of the 2 hours..some of mango's mind games are insane..i was taking notes the entire time

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
we were convincing him to go to pound 5 but he doesnt like what plank did to him and m2k @ pound 4, but im sure he will go and if he does , he will go to genesis 2( he said genesis was the most fun he had @ a tourny)

on another note

here is mango's fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Wr1gUsQms
lol asian in the background

I owned that Jigglypuff today. The dashdancing didn't really faze him (oho, fancy-dancy stuff eh?) but I just got a lot of lasers in and wavedashed away from his side b/ side smashes.

Actually it's spacing.
which potentially can lead to what tomacawk said. dash dance is good for a lot of reasons. lately ive been playing mostly out of my dash dance (unless dealing with certain things i need to use platforms for). it allows me to react to things better because i can position myself where i want to be according to their very recent positioning. probably could have found a better way to word that last part tho

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
of what? a warrior? or how about a

Kentucky Association for Gifted Education

edit;

i'm avoiding watching these rom matches till i get off work to smoke :D

I HAVE FAITH THEY'RE THAT GOOD.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
OH **** DR. PP VS. KK

I wanna watch right now, but Trahh's recommendation of saving it til i'm blazed sounds way better

on the subject of getting baked and watching smash, i seen Baxopopate for the first time stoned, **** blew my mind

Tomacawk

Smash Master
real talk--I just texted my dealer and I'm running to pick up an eighth so I can do the same.
good ****in' call steezy my neezy

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Are you surprised? It's the healthiest drug known to man...humanity has been smoking it safely for thousands of years. It's also the most useful medicinal AND manufacturing plant (probably moreso than even corn). I mean **** man, many founding fathers smoked pot (lol America).
My assumption is that more people smoke in Canada, too.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
weed is the secret to being the best fox ^_^

i smoke every time i play melee even at tourneys

sometimes i cant play without it

BigWenz

Smash Ace

this may be true. ive seen chillen go from losing to thumbs non blazed in winner finals to 6-0ing him in grand finals (blazed)

although i still dont know how you can do it. everytime i try and play high i end up doing stupid ****. maybe i just need to practice playing high more haha

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
real talk--I just texted my dealer and I'm running to pick up an eighth so I can do the same.
good ****in' call steezy my neezy
hahaha, i just did that last night so i'm good to go, just got home :reverse::reverse:

Lol i could see why it would help you, that **** calms nerves, and you said you were playing nervous against pp right? makes sense.

And to the guy above me, you will not play good your first few times smoking[nor if you don't smoke too regularly], though it does make matches feel insanely intense. After awhile you adapt to the feeling and it affects everyone differently. For me, it makes me do much more creative techniques. Sometimes i can focus better.

But i would never rely on it or be at the point of saying i cant play without it, that's just a bad idea

yeah unknown i'm white-just wondering?

Kanelol

Smash Lord
my tech chasing is on a whole nother level when im blazed

weeds actually the reason i love playing falcon so much

There was a crystallizing moment one night. Me and some buddies had just clambered back inside after smoking a few bowls, and as we had a few minutes to kill before we headed to this party, I fired up the old Wii. Well, one of the miscreants in my posse sat down next to me, picked Fox, and we went at it.

Every single tech I punished brutally, every single **** up in DI led to a ridiculous combo. We only played for like 10 minutes, but it was the most glorious gaming experience of my life. Since then, i've "mained" Falcon. ****'s magical.

im pretty sure the smoke and smash thing has popped up a few times now lol. and that seems to be the only time jman says something LOL.

has anyone tried shrooms and smash? it takes some getting used to, but last time i was playing amazing on that shiet

o ya evoke, i use y if im trying to do my 2nd one on the ground. otherwise i use up

Lovage

Smash Hero
i suck **** high LOL my hands feel like they're covered in molassas i can't do what i wanna do

playing drunk is hella fun tho

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
ive played on shrooms once.

we both played amazing (in comparison to how good we normally played) we were blown away, we were so happy we just left and journied on.

playing drunk is random, playing high can alter your judgment for the better sometimes. i can't say that for alcohol D:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
im pretty sure the smoke and smash thing has popped up a few times now lol. and that seems to be the only time jman says something LOL.

has anyone tried shrooms and smash? it takes some getting used to, but last time i was playing amazing on that shiet

o ya evoke, i use y if im trying to do my 2nd one on the ground. otherwise i use up
maybe it's because I fast for multiple days before trips (longest being 5 days and 20 hours), or maybe it's because I cry out of happiness/intense tripping everytime I'm booming, but I think I would play TERRIBLY on shrooms...I'd be too interested in exploring the outdoors or listening to music and exploring the walls lol

West coast commentary on the rom vids was amazing. Waffles is making his vids more professional; putting names by stocks, linking to the previous/next game, etc. It's really cool of you to make videos more accessible to non-competitive smashers. I noticed you up'd your vocab game, too.

Also, I used to think I played better high, but now I'm not sure. Last tournament I played solo and did better than i have ever done, but I have really low tolerance johns. So in conclusion needs moar sample data, but research points to playing better sober

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL ive only ever smashed with otto (and also this other random dude from washington, now that i think about it) high. it was really tight. i did some falco dittos with otto and found myself keeping track of the way he was lasering - but i couldn't focus on everything else. i noticed these patterns in the way he was shooting lasers, and i started just running away from him and trying to shoot lasers in the exact same pattern. i found this really funny for some reason, so i was smiling the whole time.

anyway, my main issue with smashing on weed is not that i play worse (like otto said, i'm sure i could get used to it) but i don't like weed in general cuz moreso than making me feel good, it makes me sleepy LOL. the last time i smoked weed at otto's house i fell asleep on the bus home and i ended up busing 45 minutes walking distance past my stop. so i got home at like 1:15 in the morning instead of 12:30.

otto im down to smash on shrooms. lets do it when i get back. ive never tried shrooms, but i actually had shrooms in my fridge in the old apartment for a while and i was planning on eating them at some point when school wasn't busy. but they mysteriously disappeared. im pretty sure shane ate them one random weekend when he was over and i was at the library lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i've never smoked weed, like...ever. it just doesnt intrest me. doesnt even look fun (though people swear by it). i've lived with mad potheads before and all they ever do is smoke and sit down and it looks lame as hell.

drinking on the other hand...is my vice. im a pretty serious drinker, i'll MM anyone in a drinking competiton lol (mango where u at?)

smash is terrible when im drunk tho. cant do anything properly, and being bad at smash isnt fun lol

Kanelol

Smash Lord
acid and smash: per deece

drank and smash: lulz, but irritating cuz you dunno why you're losing to Mario. There's a certain point whilst I drink and smash where my tech skill is better than it's ever been, better than I could ever imagine it to be. And my tech skill's already ****in ****. Many scientists postulate that there's a golden BAC where certain human talents benefit greatly from the presence of alcohol in one's bloodstream. A shining example would be Eggz vs. Shroomed. Yeeee you know. You know the one.

I apologize for rambling. :reverse:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
this thread has pleased me greatly in the past few weeks. I want to meet the fox boards now more than ever. Come to SMYM everybody (it's still in planning stages). I'll moneymatch ALL fox players

Top Bottom