• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

voorhese

Smash Master
step 1
turn to your left/right (depends)

step 2
pull back your right/left hand (depends)

step 3
punch the bish in da face (does not depend)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Punish him after what exactly? Give us some details to work with Sinji.

(If you ever get the opportunity to grab him it's almost always the best punish)

Brookman

Smash Hero
I really believe he is asking "How do you punish someone for picking falco"

or maybe "How do you make a player regret choosing to play faclo"

something like that.

Brookman

Smash Hero
wow, thanks kevin. I would have definitely posted that in the first place had I known of its existence!!

battousai555

Smash Ace
What are some ways of dealing with DD camping?

This is what I've found works for me(when varied, of course): DD camp back (though my friend is on average more patient than me, so I usually don't opt for this), just run at him until I'm right up in his face and nair/wtvr (I simply attack later than I think he thinks I'm going to attack, and this seems to work really well), running shine, and dash attack.

As many of you OGs have mentioned numerous times, running shine is great against Marth. However, I've been using it occasionally against my friend's Fox, and it's cool because he usually doesn't expect to get hit by it and misses the tech, so I get a free Thunders.

I throw in dash attack every once in a while just to keep him guessing, but I realize if he sees it coming I'll get CC grabbed and killed.

Is empty SH -> waveland back pretty good? I can't do it consistently or smoothly enough right now to feel comfortable using it against this friend, but if you guys think it's good then I'll definitely add it to my "s*** to practice list."

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
What Sveet said. Don't aim for where the DD camper is, aim for where they're going. If you place your attacks in the space behind your opponent, chances are (if they are DDing away predictably) you'll get that hit. Dash attack is used for best results at high percents due to its combo/kill potential. Dtilt also works in the same fashion, as does shine.

Here are a few other options against DD heavy opponents:

-Run straight at them, but don't attack. If they keep moving back, they effectively corner themselves and have to face you eventually. Keep yourself safe by running in then shielding to survey the situation. If they run away, WD in and continue to keep good positioning. If they try to fight you head on, now would be a good time to a) shine out of shield and resume the "corner press" b) drop your shield and CC into something c) WD back out of shield and punish d) usmash lol

-Dividing the stage into sections and setting limits for yourself to counter DD. This way you don't lose advantageous positions. By mentally selecting these limits, you are less likely to run too far back if they startle you by approaching. Essentially, all this means is that unlike the first example (regarding the opponent), you wouldn't be cornering yourself while DDing. The benefit of this is that you can use things like auto-cancel bair and empty SHs to project the illusion of lag and bait a response from your opponent. Because you'll still be in a great position (pushing them near the edge, with them having to escape somehow), they almost always take the bait.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I always love watching m2k dash dance away and grab the first sh aerial a fox throws at him.

Then the second time he just holds his ground and grabs the running fox. 2 Stocks.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I love watching it, but I hate it when it happens to me. :(

Hey Canada, quick question. Does that Europhoria guy still play? Is he, like, Quebec or something?

unknown522

Some guy
I love watching it, but I hate it when it happens to me. :(

Hey Canada, quick question. Does that Europhoria guy still play? Is he, like, Quebec or something?
he's not quebec. Probably still plays.

We did play with quebec this weekend though. It was pretty ****.

Also kinda got ***** by IB and KK

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
is there ever times you guys like to try and jab mixup with fox's double jab? it's SUPER fast, i just don't know when theres ever a good time to use it. i'm pretty sure i've seen silent wolf double jab reset another fox once.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i use it sometimes, but for no real reason. I guess its easier to react after the 2nd one so you can nair/usmash/ect off reaction, but its not that hard to do that off 1 jab. I use jab->shine on shield sometimes. mostly i use jab to cover tech options :/

Top Bottom