• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you just said you KNOW he's going to do it. wavedash in place and shield.
better situation? nair on his shield, shine, get the **** away from him or shine grab

Brookman

Smash Hero
playing this game is so much better than talking about it. holy ****.

Some of the **** I am executing is simply ridiculous.

It appears my tournament host status has been revoked? can anyone confirm ? ? ? ?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
guys i have a confession to make

i have no skill

i have no timing ability

i have no spacing ability

i can't tech chase

i can't combo

i can't edgeguard

i can't di

it was all sheik

all along

i've been living a lie, claiming i can do things. but i can't. it's all just sheik.

my sidesteps were supposed to be wavedashes but my controller stopped them but sheik's sidestep is amazing so it sometimes worked out

my jabs were all supposed to be f-tilts but sheik's jab has range so sometimes it worked out

i just needed to get that off my chest

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ because the board gods thought changing what aint broken would be a good idea.

i have no idea how i will ever find another tournament.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
well i mean in that case, i don't think a majority of the titles are needed.

i don't think 90% of swf cares if you're a smash debater, or a pokemon master.

earla

Smash Lord
who is foxes best three doubles team mates and why?

who is foxes best team combos with those teammates?

Brookman

Smash Hero
fox's best teams are jiggs, fox, peach

cool combos include

grab to rest, grab to up smash, grab to down smash.

Basically, grabs into other moves, otherwise, it's all improvisation.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
shine rest >> grab rest

also sheik is an excellent teammate for fox. i dont know if she's better or worse than peach, but she's certainly very good.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i dont think ganon fox works well together though. it's nice that he can finish people off, but he has no convenient way to save fox, which can be game-changing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
why is fox getting hit? ganon is amazing in teams cause his opponents cant projectile camp him constantly. if they hit fox or try to hit fox, ganon can punish them with a quite rewarding hit. And single hits are great in teams, which makes ganon even better.

PB&J

Smash Hero
didnt linguini and colbol run through to6 with fox/ganon against every good team in the south and md/va

fox /alomst anything is good i think

edit: rock crock and harrietheguy do really good too..u should watch there matches rock crock saves fox with stomp or up b..its crazy

unknown522

Some guy
Finally had some of that awesome raynex training on friday. I'm ready for fox dittos.

as soon as we get to alex strife's house, me vs all ur chars all night training :awesome:

thats about all the training i'll get for rom :urg:
k

how do you pressure marth? any advice.
That's kinda vague. Shield? on stage? in the air? on the ledge?

which kind? What situation?

What do you do if you nair-shine Marth's shield and you know he's gonna wavedash backward out of shield and f-smash?
if I absolutely know it's coming, I follow the WD with my own and shine him. To be safe, WD away from him or jump on a platform or something.

Also, Fox + jiggs is the best team. Jiggs is too broken,

Fox + (top/high tier) (semi) floaties are good. Double fox is good, if you don't knocked down and gimped all day. Same thing with falco.

Fox + falcon is ok.

Fox + sheik/peach is amazing

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
ugh fox + fox is so frustrating. fox + jiggs or sheik is my preference. That's probably partly because my teammate plays Jiggs and we work well together, but I have had much better luck with fox + floaties in general than fox + anyone else.

PB&J: The plural of anecdote is not data. Certainly the singular is not either. If you catch my drift.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
have you heard of tomacawk and andale? took a set off midwest guardians and almost won the 2nd set (@ HDR). AnDaLe has amazing rests.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Fox jigs is ok, fox actually gets in her way more often than not. Rest is good but it doesn't win tournaments.
not to hype myself, but check out the vids of me and andale (fox and puff). I am almost never in his way; in fact it's quite the contrary. Rest is a huge part of our team game.
edit-
have you heard of tomacawk and andale? took a set off midwest guardians and almost won the 2nd set (@ HDR). AnDaLe has amazing rests.
Lol. Ninja'd. but yeah basically this
I'd talk about how great andale is but then people will try to take my teammate :p

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I dont really know that many mw players, just know what I know about EC, North, South, and WC. But what I do know is fox jigs is good but overrated.

Fox = good on teams.
jigss = **** on teams.

Together though, minus rest kills its just ok of a team. Even in regards to jiggs saving fox from 100 miles below the stage.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ugh fox + fox is so frustrating. fox + jiggs or sheik is my preference. That's probably partly because my teammate plays Jiggs and we work well together, but I have had much better luck with fox + floaties in general than fox + anyone else.

PB&J: The plural of anecdote is not data. Certainly the singular is not either. If you catch my drift.
i dont get your drift..and im not being sarcastic or anything. can you please explain

and on fox jiggs- there is only one good fox/jiggs team..when there is more than 2, then we can talk

it all matters how well you work together as a team..

teams there are so many factors to put in..one of the reasons i love it..its more of a challenge to me..i wish i was as motivated as singles..i love singles but teams gets me so much more hype..

i still want to be the best 1v1 player though

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I dont really know that many mw players, just know what I know about EC, North, South, and WC. But what I do know is fox jigs is good but overrated.

Fox = good on teams.
jigss = **** on teams.

Together though, minus rest kills its just ok of a team. Even in regards to jiggs saving fox from 100 miles below the stage.
you're simply wrong. Watch videos of me and andale. I can prove links if you'd like.
imo it is the best team in the game. fox saving jiggs is where the team really becomes broken

PB&J

Smash Hero
im still think fox/falco is better than fox jiggs..most of the teams i played with fox/jiggs are good but not great like mango and lucky and i rather play fox/jiggs than fox/falcon or a good double fox team

i still think fox/peach is better than fox jiggs..guess i have to prove it..and i will

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
what's good about fox/falco..i feel like falco drops so much lower on the 'doubles tier-list' from singles, no lasers..very inconcistent combos due to team-mates, seems like he's got a good offensive ledge-game, and off stage helping your team mate is about it.

Foxpuff just seems amazing, like they're both so versatile..and rest in doubles is just rediculous. i also feel foxshiek is great, with an offensive fox and a safe *** shiek.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
fox fox
fox sheik
fox marth
fox ganon
Fox Jigglypuff

All equivalent to me . Fox and Jigglypuff are both good but not meant for one another on teams. So What we can name 2 good teams who play this. Think about the amount of fox sheik teams that do incredibly well (m2k jman, armada aniolas, tope cyrain, eggm plank ) vs the amount of fox jigs teams out there. You guys know more about me than that so name some more. Also think about in singles sheik does well, but lately not anywhere close to jigs/fox. But in doubles the same way fox makes jiggs better he does for sheik. Its not that they are a great team, just 2 good characters together -_-

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i agree on all those teams being **** except marth. marth blows in teams.

he has wiggle room and can dominate alot of the stage, but i feel marths playstyle in general is defeated with doubles

Top Bottom