• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

JPOBS

Smash Hero
no other team combination has the same raw killing power, gimping power (a rest is basically a gimp), survivability/team saves, and death combos as fox/puff.

When i look at the other "good" teams, they all are weaker in one or more areas significantly than fox/puff.

i seriously dont see an argument in favor of any other team.

voorhese

Smash Master
arent most peoples fairs gimps? and besides that when i played ganon i used bair and uair as gimps (mainly uair) not often fair, i used fair offstage only when it was set up perfectly, on all other occasions it was a uair or bair.

voorhese

Smash Master
lemme think. heres a list of fairs i think would most likely kill people offstage (assuming they are at most even with the edge) weegee, bowser, peach, falcon, ganon, zelda, shiek, puff, G&W, marth, roy, most of the other characters fairs could 'kill' them offstage like mario/doc/dk (lol)/ i guess if ness does his fair twice it could gimp fast fallers at a certain place/ link and young link's fair if hit right could kill off the side/ yoshi's could kill if they dont meteor cancel it....w.e you get my point?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
mm, before i get further into this, what do you consider a 'gimp'? because from how you're explaining this stuff, your making it out like any move that has knockback can be considered a gimp [which can be true] but i assumed we meant moves with the MOST gimp potential. Because I don't see how all those characters you listed which all have quite different fairs fit.

mers

Smash Ace
Do people not understand that GOD! meant that Ganon's fair kills at low enough percentages to be considered a gimp? It's similar to calling Falco's doubleshine off the top a gimp.

However, I don't think Ganon's fair really kills soon enough to be called that. Maybe on Yoshi's.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
hahaha, i've smashed a bunch with professor pro in the uk, him and his friends were always bashing on fuzzy.

upthrow u air u air u air

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
what are some good mind games against peach? I know jump across peach>turn around usmash is one. Are there any more? any advice?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Its funny cause i found out that mind game myself.

What are some defensive tactics against peach? any adivce?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Its funny cause i found out that mind game myself.

What are some defensive tactics against peach? any adivce?
there are infinite mindgames in this game, you can't really list mindgames off, that would be defeating the purpose of a mindgame.

not sure what you mean by defensive tactic..as in shield pressure? or just not being the one to be on the offense?
if the 2nd, then lasers. lasers and more lasers. learn SH double laser.

then some nairs into usmashes ;3

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Approach with dair/uair mixups
run and laser when you cant pressure
dont jab the dsmash
dont shine the dsmash
dont stick any body parts at all in the dsmash
upthrow bair up air @ low percents

PB&J

Smash Hero
try to bait peach to d smash or pull out a turnip..after the d smash u should know what to do and while she is pulling out a turnip, it is easier for you to approach since she cant d smash..baiting..

how to bait - you have to figure out on your own or study vids and see how others bait

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Yo, heres Chexr vs Tink at this Wisconsin tourney that just happened... basically i wanna know what he did wrong vs tinks marth, cuz it's a matchup i struggle with as well. its just so hard for me to stay zoned away from marths attacks and find holes in his move set to get a grab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ps955eJTAQ Game 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QmEo2-k9Do Game 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySps_dTFrMM Game 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffS7AuY2UvA Game 4

but there just kinda fun matches to watch is why i really wanted to post em lol ;)

Brookman

Smash Hero
He probably shffls nairs and gets gimped.

I'm not going to watch them, cause I assunme this is what happens. someone who actually watches should verify.

GOD!

Smash Ace
No he just plays really old school like one of the commenters on yt said.

And he got punished really hard for every mistake he made.

In neutral position he was getting read consistently in terms of his spacing and movements.
(He never sh naired though)

He played really aggressively, especially after he got the first hit in, and from there he would try to create combos that didn't exist --> then he gets utilted or something similar, death.

Top Bottom