• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
man...
you guys can thunder's oos?
you have to be unnecessarily technical for that haha

Tomacawk

Smash Master
man...
you guys can thunder's oos?
you have to be unnecessarily technical for that haha
. Jason voorhese is an experiment gone terribly wrong--he is a machine, a robot, a "cyborg", if you will. He was part of an on-going attempt by russian scientists to craft a creature with so much intelligence and learning capacity that he could study the world-political figures in full, and learn the most efficient ways of dealing with them fiscally, publicly, and militarily.
. However, with a humane twist of fate, a researcher (spoken only of as "the Great Inquisitor" in the sacred text) cut the green wires and spliced the red and yellow wires together--setting the literal framework of what is known to be as the fastest thumbs in the midwest. This fatal flaw comes with a catch-22, however--if left with nothing to study and no environmental stimuli, the voorhese cannot sustain itself. He must approach.

you know nothing of the voorhese, lumpy. my sig VERY MUCH related
tl;dr i'm fuckin baked

GOD!

Smash Ace
I remember reading that kage would press the l-button several times in order to l-cancel an aerial. I read it in the Q%A thread though, so it's third hand info.

I've tried full hop fast falling uairs on an opponents shield (followed by shine) repeatedly, and i don't get punished for it. The hit hit(shield?)stun for uair is massive and the other char will always just roll away. Do other people do this or not?
And my sig is awesome.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
I've never spammed the L trigger to l-cancel. I might start doing it in some situations though. Seems useful against ice climbers and in teams if ppl are shielding right next to each other :laugh:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
drill combos into grab and utilt and jab and ftilt.

it can combo into usmash under a few conditions (drill hitbox on the last frame before you hit the ground, close to their body, lighter character=easier to perform)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Raynex you still owe me critique. You promised me you would a few months ago and never got around to it LOL.
Alright. Where the videos at?

-------------

dair combos into utilt but you have to be facing away from your opponent. If utilt hits while facing them, they just ****ed up.

dair usmash combos

dair grab "combos" (defensive buffers aren't fast enough to avoid the grab after the dair hitstun. 1 frame moves like shine, Bowser's upB can beat it if you see it coming though.)

dair jab combos

dair dsmash combos (its a fast move)

dair shine

thats about it.

Sveet, there is no way in hell it combos into ftilt.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Alright. Where the videos at?

-------------

dair combos into utilt but you have to be facing away from your opponent. If utilt hits while facing them, they just ****ed up.

dair usmash combos

dair grab "combos" (defensive buffers aren't fast enough to avoid the grab after the dair hitstun. 1 frame moves like shine, Bowser's upB can beat it if you see it coming though.)

dair jab combos

dair dsmash combos (its a fast move)

dair shine

thats about it.

Sveet, there is no way in hell it combos into ftilt.
I'll have some up this week. I don't have recording equipment and my usual training partners are back in school so I usually only play on the weekends.

@ dair usmash: Iirc they can shield before usmash hits. or maybe I'm just being too slow.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Is there a way to practice spacing against a cpu because I can't space very well and I'm lookin for tips

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
just drill grab or drill shine

and u be fine

o yea drill land behind them and up tilt ***** jiggs

i do that sometimes

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Is there a way to practice spacing against a cpu because I can't space very well and I'm lookin for tips
Good spacing imo pretty much comes from experience. The problem with practicing spacing against a computer is that since they pretty much only walk it's hard to apply that spacing in a game where players are almost always constantly moving. you have to compensate for the huge difference between a human and a computers playstyle and that will throw off your spacing.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I c thank u I guess I just gotta play ppl more often...I use to play marth so when I space I space things as if I got a tip lol doesn't work to well

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yea. Btw, I just noticed your location. Nice.

Two fun Fox spacing facts:

1. A trick to hit someone who's dash dance camping is to run and dash attack. But instead of doing it when you'd expect it to hit, keep running and do it significantly later. Most of the time they will have run away from you, expecting you to attack where they were. The dash attack will still connect.
2. A lot of people will wait for Fox to nair and then will pivot grab or DD grab him. You can defeat this by nairing slightly earlier than usual, quickly fastfalling and l-cancelling, of course, and then foxtrotting away. Their grab will whiff and you can punish however you want.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Yea. Btw, I just noticed your location. Nice.

Two fun Fox spacing facts:

1. A trick to hit someone who's dash dance camping is to run and dash attack. But instead of doing it when you'd expect it to hit, keep running and do it significantly later. Most of the time they will have run away from you, expecting you to attack where they were. The dash attack will still connect.
2. A lot of people will wait for Fox to nair and then will pivot grab or DD grab him. You can defeat this by nairing slightly earlier than usual, quickly fastfalling and l-cancelling, of course, and then foxtrotting away. Their grab will whiff and you can punish however you want.
I just recently discovered those tricks myself while playing my new friend. He plays against Pink Shinobi a lot, so he knows how to DD camp and space very well. I was getting a bit perturbed after getting DD grabbed way too many times so I tried mixing up the timing and placement of my nairs. That worked fairly well some of the time, but what really kept him guessing was combining different nair timing/placement with an occasional dash attack.

I know that a predicted dash attack can lead to my doom against Marf, but it's worked well against him and others so far (as long as I do it every once in a while).

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
against certain characters it is. Why do you think Jigglypuff, Peach, and Ganon do so well?
Ganon still does pretty badly. Most people just don't know the matchup very well. He just hits like a truck.

As long as you're not obvious about your approach it's usually worth the risk, especially with Fox.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I just recently discovered those tricks myself while playing my new friend. He plays against Pink Shinobi a lot, so he knows how to DD camp and space very well. I was getting a bit perturbed after getting DD grabbed way too many times so I tried mixing up the timing and placement of my nairs. That worked fairly well some of the time, but what really kept him guessing was combining different nair timing/placement with an occasional dash attack.

I know that a predicted dash attack can lead to my doom against Marf, but it's worked well against him and others so far (as long as I do it every once in a while).
pink shinobi is my hero.
have i met you? maybe under a different name?
Ganon still does pretty badly. Most people just don't know the matchup very well. He just hits like a truck.

As long as you're not obvious about your approach it's usually worth the risk, especially with Fox.
well as long as you're not obvious about your camping, it's even more beneficial than approaching.

i'll admit it's a little easier to predict a campy fox than a fox who's mixing up approaches.
however, it's also much harder to interupt for characters like ganon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if u camp ganon on a stage that's not dreamland, ur just in a position where he wants u, he pressures too good if hes in the center and is moving toward u when ur close to the edge. if u jump wrong his uair will take away ur jump, if ur on the ground he can just fair jab u and stuff, or grab u. i say offense is better for fox cuz all ur attacks will come out before his

but thats just probably how i play :p

when i play ganon against fox, i feel way more useless when im getting combo'd and edgeguarded

Incronaut

Smash Ace
is there frame data on fox's shield pressure like there is for falco?

if not, then is there a way to perfectly shield pressure? if not (again), then when is the opening for people to shield grab and what are ways around it? (i feel like fox is so fast, does a late nair really help it?)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
late nair to shine to retreating early nair/dair

i think those are safe from all shield grabs. idk the frame data or anything

Top Bottom