• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you have a gun.
you ain't gotta approach nobody.

naw furreals though dash dance camp to punish is the optimus prime of fox tactics, imo.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Unlimited Bullets!!!!!
This all u believe in isn't it u say that to everyone who asks for help lol

Ok when I bait characters like marth with lazers. When he gets close I can never get in. He spaces his grabs and fairs with sum serious skills so how do u get in

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
This all u believe in isn't it u say that to everyone who asks for help lol

Ok when I bait characters like marth with lazers. When he gets close I can never get in. He spaces his grabs and fairs with sum serious skills so how do u get in
He probably tries to time the grab when he sees you jump for the laser. When you see him making a move you waveland backwards instead of lasering, and then punish him.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I have trouble with Falcons who double jump camp and throw out a lot of retreating nairs, retreating knees, and retreating bairs. Any suggestions?

Lovage

Smash Hero
run around until they shoot out a dumb nair or knee, nair or grab them when they land. if they position their nairs poorly or time them wrong you can CC usmash or just trade with the 2nd hit of nair

use platforms to move around them and bair the back of their head

overextend your nair/usmash so it hits them when they dash back (ur probably getting hit when you miss nairs)

pretend ur doing a dumb nair but waveland instead (still close to them, but far enough away so they miss) and grab/usmash them in their bair/knee lag

if they do retreating stomp you can short hop at them but waveland back and still usually get a grab in to punish, thats a safe one

voorhese

Smash Master
hey i have figured out a way to consistantly waveshine marth, i can take him across FD, but i cant take him back and forth across fd like link or peachh

the secret is to wave shine him backwards.... i know this doesnt sound like it will work, but if you run at him shine -> turn around wavedash, you are in a perfect position to dash and do it again..... i have tested this on a lvl 9 marth and got him across fd, i dont have people to test it on, so im asking everyone to test it more

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hey i have figured out a way to consistantly waveshine marth, i can take him across FD, but i cant take him back and forth across fd like link or peachh

the secret is to wave shine him backwards.... i know this doesnt sound like it will work, but if you run at him shine -> turn around wavedash, you are in a perfect position to dash and do it again..... i have tested this on a lvl 9 marth and got him across fd, i dont have people to test it on, so im asking everyone to test it more
this won't work if the marf di's away i'm pretty sure, and also just take it to training mode and see if you get consec. hits

voorhese

Smash Master
this won't work if the marf di's away i'm pretty sure, and also just take it to training mode and see if you get consec. hits
ok i will check brb

well: the reverse shine does not count as consec. hit

but if u dash -> waveshine -> dash -> JC waveshine its consec.

i think im just gonna jump cancel all my running shines now, instead of CC them

battousai555

Smash Ace
pink shinobi is my hero.
have i met you? maybe under a different name?

well as long as you're not obvious about your camping, it's even more beneficial than approaching.
I'm Tristan (TJ or THC). I'm the lanky white guy who won the last little tournament we had (Ericson was just playing for fun and could've beaten me had he played forrealzies).

Who might you be, good sir? We should play sometime.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
jason are u talking about canceling ur dash with jump and then canceling ur jump with shine?

im confused cuz how do u do that consistently lol?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Is the timing different for upsmash OOS and just running upsmash? I know they should be the same cuz it is just a JC upsmash, but I can do a running one 90% of the time, and upsmash OOS i mess up alot more.

voorhese

Smash Master
Is the timing different for upsmash OOS and just running upsmash? I know they should be the same cuz it is just a JC upsmash, but I can do a running one 90% of the time, and upsmash OOS i mess up alot more.
uh upsmash OOS form is is hold shield -> up on control stick -> up on cstick
same for running upsmash to tho i think

in theory i think they are the same except OOS has shield stun

jason are u talking about canceling ur dash with jump and then canceling ur jump with shine?

im confused cuz how do u do that consistently lol?
yah dash -> jump -> shine -> jump -> wavedash -> dash -> jump -> shine -> jump........

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
oops i missd a page

pretty nutz.. im working on simplifying my game tho and just playing like a *** :psycho:

edit: tomacawk i need a good partner for the angry shinobi lol u kno of anyone who is also looking for a good partner?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i dont like asking in the thread cuz then so many ppl i dont know lol

we can bake 1 after we lose to m2k and level 9 ganondorf in grand finals

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if bake means visiting the bakery then I'll be doing it all day, win or lose. Gotta play my best ya dig
but i'm down to team if you are, idk though I don't wanna commit to anybody until closer to the event because doomshroom/gambit ( a local ) may go to that and we're never teamed b4 so we probably will for that

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
yeah we can wait til closer cuz maybe i wont even get a full car from mn 2 go

but if i can get like 4 ppl total ill be there

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
if bake means visiting the bakery then I'll be doing it all day, win or lose. Gotta play my best ya dig
but i'm down to team if you are, idk though I don't wanna commit to anybody until closer to the event because doomshroom/gambit ( a local ) may go to that and we're never teamed b4 so we probably will for that
lol u used to john and said u played worse after going to the bakery, im glad you've come to the good side.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
no johns man it was real talk
but after you guys ****in smoked me ******** at the ssbo i went to and at jab2 i've realized that I'm at my best when i'm high
I just adjusted to the different "metagame" is all

PK Webb

Smash Champion
after 1 understands his tech skill and gets comfortable performin them is there any reason to play the cpu????

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you will never be at a point where you don't get more technical, at least with fox. There is nobody who hits 100% of waveshines, shines oos, thunders, uthrow uairs, etc.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I'm Tristan (TJ or THC). I'm the lanky white guy who won the last little tournament we had (Ericson was just playing for fun and could've beaten me had he played forrealzies).

Who might you be, good sir? We should play sometime.
i haven't been to anything in davis recently.
modesto is almost 2 hours away from davis, so we don't go often.
if you were there when i was, then i was prolly the garbage peach player.
after 1 understands his tech skill and gets comfortable performin them is there any reason to play the cpu????
TO **** HIS **** UP

voorhese

Smash Master
well like tomacawk said u really never master it, and if u dont play cpus.... well in my case except for tournies cpu's are all i get.... if u have people then u should play them A LOT but cpu is always important for keeping ur tech skill up to par

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
after u smoke your deff at your best LOL dead serious

i was high the whole frist day of pools day 1 of pound 4

but when your high starts fading u suck so u need to keep smoking

true fact

Tomacawk

Smash Master
after u smoke your deff at your best LOL dead serious

i was high the whole frist day of pools day 1 of pound 4

but when your high starts fading u suck so u need to keep smoking

true fact
seriously.
The key is to continue smoking. I play my best while stoned; I play my second best 100% sober. You gotta commit to one or the other
you can't just half-*** it and be buzzin'

Top Bottom