• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my controller is so bad, i don't have to make controller johns... my friends do it for me.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Need help in dittos.

And uhh vs Falco. I can never stop his approach
^this, i feel like fox just dominates falco, but once it gets into a higher level of play where falco knows how to work around fox's pressure, it makes it a lot harder for fox O_o"

Tomacawk

Smash Master
in dittos it's all about grabs. if you find you're losing most dd battles, start camping platforms. if your'e getting shine spiked, start camping platforms. any knockdown you get do everything you can to get a grab out of it
ledge guarding is pretty easy, be patient, be smart, and you'll end every stock. grab the ledge if they're recovering from below and milk invinci frames, otherwise ftilt if they try to sweetspot the ledge with their dj, bair any firefox attempt
if they side b at you usmash
falco is gay, powershieled everything, use plats to avoid lasers and to stay mobile, once you get him in his shield don't let up
and don't let him attack your shield
or you fukt

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i feel like that too.
i feel like i have a pretty big advantage over falco unless they're a lot better than me (when it seems impossible)

as for dittos.
a very wise man once told me to only look for three things in fox dittos.
know when they're going to jump, grab, and attack.

i'm still not great at them, but it sounds smart. hehe

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Is it possible to run and shine within the first or second step of the running animation. Or would it just be better to wavedash then shine

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You can't dash cancel into a shine until Fox's initial dash animation completes. As SW said, you can JC the fox trot frames. But you'd only have 4 frames to shine before leaving the ground, meaning that waveshining during the initial run is difficult.

I prefer to wavedash -> shine, because you can also do it out of shield. If you do a frame perfect wavedash -> shine it's not too slow (although if you were frame perfect, JC shining would be better).

PK Webb

Smash Champion
shine him off the stage and edgeguard.....laser alot and thats all i got oh dont up throw him because he can nair out of it so forward throw is better here.......

laser to try and bait wavedashes and just bair camp when hes close. if a bair hits combo from there utilt with aerials like bair and nair as long as you can. end it with an uair if it will kill, end it with a shine if hes under like 80% and near the ledge. (when a shine would be more effective than an aerials). pretty much only use nair if hes in the air. to punish him within a short period of time use falling uair on him at lower percents or if it will kill. on a platform stage you can get a lot of uairs. on a stage like fd, punish with dair utilt uair/bair. you might not be able to connect the last bair/uair so bait an attack or jump from him with an empty full jump. (do that after uthrow as well) dont be afraid to go out there and punish his recovery when he cant do anything. make sure you di his uthrow and dthrow backwards lol.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i suck at a lot of things.
one of those things is getting the grab in fox dittos.

i'm too intimidated by fox's approaching to successfully punish them with a grab.
i shine oos but i don't usually end up with the grab unless i get the jab reset.

any tips for getting more grabs and getting grabbed less?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
just don't advertise your grabs. space with nairs and bairs, laser as much as you can get away with, and choose your conflicts wisely.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i just feel like fox isn't usually in a position to be grabbed or i don't realize he is until he's not anymore.

i need to play someone right now. that'll help me figure out if i even have an issue with this anymore.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
You need to create situations where a grab is almost guaranteed. A common example of this is dash dance camping. Punishing improperly spaced aerials gives you a huge advantage in Fox dittos.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that's exactly how kfc makes me his *****.
i try to do that but he's better and more patient with it.

i'm not sure why but i'm randomly confident again.
it's about time for kfc to destroy my confidence again!

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Don't dash dance the same distance repeatedly. Mix in foxtrotting and wavedashing and stay in control of the distance between you and him.

just don't advertise your grabs. space with nairs and bairs, laser as much as you can get away with, and choose your conflicts wisely.
You need to create situations where a grab is almost guaranteed. A common example of this is dash dance camping. Punishing improperly spaced aerials gives you a huge advantage in Fox dittos.
both of these. although i wouldnt count on being able to grab a landing fox, the risk isnt worth it. go for grabs after you knock him down

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Okay so here are my questions. Can fox upsmash falcon's nair without being hit? Can I upsmash oos and hit falcon out of the nair safely? I've just been trying to bair him out of his approaches and go from there or just rush nair shine and get up in his face. But I keep getting ***** by him :( Its really difficult and annoying help me please!

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
everyone can always get faster but i think theres a point where it should stop

most of the time being slower and thinking about what ur opponent is gonna do and wait for it is the best thing to do

why do i say stuff everyone already knows LOL

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I just want to talk like I'm playing StarCraft.

I need to work on my 2 hatch muta.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I just realized I have no idea how to combo with fox once I've landed a nair. Help please.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
At low percents you can nair -> waveshine -> grab/upsmash. You can also nair -> utilt -> bair/uair.

Sometimes nair -> jab -> grab works.

At slightly higher percents, nair combos into JC'ed grab, another nair, or dash attack.

Nair can combo into upsmash or uair eventually.

Top Bottom