• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Tomacawk

Smash Master
omg that sucks you got the peach treatment. I looked at your bracket but I didn't make the connection
only way it coulda been lamer is if you had all samus

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
can't you play the match-up semi-in-her-face?

like don't actually rush in with a nair/dair, but run up to a roll away and shoot a laser, turn around and bair her if she comes at you and follow it up. stuff like that

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
the way i play samus is shoot lasers at her when u can get her out of CC%

dair and bair **** her

and when she shields just grab her cause she wants u to hit her so that they can up-b out of shield

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
peach players: omg fox is so gay **** this im switching to puff
fox players: om peach is ****ing gay worst matchup no doubt

sup jman

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
whats the safest way to shield pressure samus? say you attack with a dair, and she shields in time. Which of the following is best:

1) immediately roll
2) shine->wd back
3) shine->more moves (lol)
4) spaced jabs/tilts/bairs

or are all of them good in certain situations and you just have to choose appropriately based on the opponent?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I asked raynex about how to shield pressure samus and iirc he told me that if your aerial gets shielded you're gunna get up b'd, including dair
so when i hit a samus' shield i usually just hold shield and hope they up b too slowly, then wd oos and ****

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
whats the safest way to shield pressure samus? say you attack with a dair, and she shields in time. Which of the following is best:

1) immediately roll
2) shine->wd back
3) shine->more moves (lol)
4) spaced jabs/tilts/bairs

or are all of them good in certain situations and you just have to choose appropriately based on the opponent?
i like shine wd back a lot vs samus to see what they do there shield

but nair shine dair behind samus ***** her to

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
just use marf, either that or be patient and camp ur ballz off :(
QFT

Marth versus samus is funner. Camping is boring :(

EDIT: LOL jman I wanna see you versus amsah already, just for the camping.

PC, did you find your controller? What color was it?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
edit: @Toma

Low nair keeps her in shield long enough for you to shield, but thats the only exception to the Samus shield pressure rule. The lower you hit with an aerial on a shield, the less air time you are in and the more time you have to lcancel and do something before Samus' upB. Dair doesn't do enough shield stun to keep her from doing upb, unfortunetly. I'm also pretty sure low bair works the same way as well.

---------------------

Hate to break it to you guys, but once you hit Samus with any aerial, she can upB before you can do anything. Granted, your opponent has to time it correctly...but it still works.

UpB will:

-hit you through your shine (shine has 1 frame of invinc., upb has 3 or 4...I forget)

-come out before your shield (or stab it at your feet)

-and precede any buffered defensive option (rolls, sidesteps, jumps)

The minute you hit a Samus' shield with an aerial, you are at a disadvantage. Facing a bad Samus may have you thinking its possible to do an aerial into X, Y, or Z..but that is definitely not the case.

Hitting her shield with a low nair locks her in stun and negates all of her upb **** though, so go for that if anything.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
pc speaks the truth
pick up marth and/or falcon for peach and samus and any other gay matchup you struggle with

`DNS`

Smash Lord
QFT

Marth versus samus is funner. Camping is boring :(

EDIT: LOL jman I wanna see you versus amsah already, just for the camping.

PC, did you find your controller? What color was it?
lol amsah knew exactly what he was doing
jman was playing so smart but in the end he had to go near that ledge :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
in most match ups you're at a disadvantage while approaching.

when you look at it like that, almost no one camps enough.
haha jman has my favorite fox right now.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Watch Jman vs Zgetto 3rd game

I routed for Zgetto, but i have to admit the way Jman camped really impressed me.

Lovage

Smash Hero
I'm not. You're supposed to be good at this game. How can you NOT see that he still approaches far too often. He should only be approaching when the opponent is already commited to something.
dude, stop being a trolling ******. go back to emotional and unsuccessful ruby LOL you're not as clever as you think.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I love Loveage. I should have said hi at Pound 4 but didn't get around to it. Until next time, Oscar!

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I thikn dair would be the best option vs sampson cuz if it hits then at least she cant crouch cancel it and smack you

and u shouldnt be just trying to sheild pressure her, u should try and get her to sheild or like jmangz said shine wd back. then u can grab or something cuz samus players always freak out when u throw them up LOL and fox can **** her up there

my 2 cents

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
dude, stop being a trolling ******. go back to emotional and unsuccessful ruby LOL you're not as clever as you think.
You can eat a dick. You've done nothing but be a complete asshole to me the entire time I've been on the boards.

I would not hesitate to beat the living shit if you EVER acted like this to me IRL. You're nothing but a joke.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
You can eat a dick. You've done nothing but be a complete asshole to me the entire time I've been on the boards.

I would not hesitate to beat the living shit if you EVER acted like this to me IRL. You're nothing but a joke.
Violence is never the answer--the only thing more immature than his insults to you is your inability to handle it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
All that time and effort you put into unnecessary technical skill could be put into camping and playing more efficient.

Top Bottom